Me and my friend stayed here for 7 nights from 30th Aug, we got dropped to the hotel which in my opinion was even more well presented than in the pictures I had seen,
We checked in and got shown to our room which was on the right hand side of the pool up the steps, room 4103. It was gorgeous, couldn't of been happier with the room, lovely and clean, nice balcony, comfy big bed and a single, fridge, tv etc. Shower was amazinggg!! Only downside, ladies, take more hangers, we had 5, not enough for all my dresses lol!!
We dumped our cases and went for a walk round before getting showered and ready for dinner, hotel is gorgeous and so clean, pool area could do with a little tlc as water was sometimes murky but hardly suprising given the fact no one showers before getting in, wasn't overly impressed by the all inclusive drinks system but after making friends with the grumpy old barman it was fine haha!! Ok so dinner.... Bland tasteless and generally rubbish if I'm honest but wasn't a massive deal as breakfast and dinner were fine and there was always something that was ok, not 'wow that was nice' but ok, not far on the shuttle bus to the new town where there are some lovely resturants so we soon learnt to go out of an evening to eat, riad omar in the old town and Elite in the new town were lovely, cheap and def worth a visit while your staying here.( 55dhs for a pizza in elite and 180dhs for a full on feast in riad omar)
English guests are few and far between in this hotel - take a typical english book or magazine to be easily identified by fellow english round the pool!!! Works a treat, we were 2 of 16 english guests in the hotel, we were all friends by day 2 and had an amazing holiday and were made to feel as welcome as possible by the maxi club staff, anas, ridwane, kamal and didi are so friendly and really try to get you involved in everything, all the entertainment is in french so they help you in english where possible, pool partys are hilarious but be careful if like me on my last night, when you don't want to get in and your wearing a pretty dress and a full face of slap that they don't throw u in fully clothed! I wasn't so lucky and got chucked in twice haha!! All good fun!!
TIPS FOR YOUR STAY - TAKE NOTE:
1) Take plenty of Imodium and hand gel- your going to need it ;P
2) Take a wine glass from dinner and a small jug if they have them out to take to the all inclusive bar so they don't serve u in tiny plastic cups
3) Make friends with the bar man haha! If he tells you there is no wine/beer etc, find the pool and resturant manager, he will whip his bum and your drink will arrive!!
4) Go out for dinner but be careful not to look to much like a tourist in the old town, pickpockets are everywhere so take NOTHING and have your wits about you, remember you can't change the lives of people begging and try not to let it get to you as sad as it is.
5) On moroccan day in the hotel (thursdays) haggle haggle haggle, they tried to charge me 600dhs for a fake louis v bag, I gave him 200!! And don't take pics of the snake charmers unless your prepared to be robbed of 200dhs if you do!!
6) Ignore a lot of the reviews, it is what it is, food not great but weather is beautiful and people were so friendly, we did get up around 8 to put towels on our sunbeds because there was a group of us but not a problem generally getting beds as some have suggested, we sat at the reception end and it was lovely all day. To round up, we had to pay 1.50euro pppn in 'taxes' god knows what these are for but the woman decided to wait until I was 10mins from the hotel on my way to the airport before I was made aware of them (she rang the taxi driver and he had to take me back) so be prepared to pay that when u check out, if u haven't been told about them, ask, because we had major arguments over me not being told until I had left the hotel.
Have an amazing holiday most importantly, its a lovely hotel and you won't be disapointed now you've read this review and are put in 'the real picture' not just people whining for the sake of it! Hope this had helped and Enjoy :)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.