“Affordable yet luxurious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #319 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Dublin, Ireland
“Affordable yet luxurious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Really nice hotel and at a great affordable price. Pool area is huge. Peopple were complaining in reviews about the shuttle bus setvice however we took a leaflet of all the times to the centre and found it to be extremely efficient and bang on time! The driver was also very helpful when we had any questions.

Poolside food was not great bit did the job when we just flew in and were starving!

Rooms were lovely as was the shower and we had a large balcony overlooking pool area and next to the nightclub.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

I stayed there 2 times on my trip to morocco and think this is great value for money. Hotel has new facilities, friendly staff and large green closed territory slightly outside of Marrakesh. Fresh air is guaranteed. I had some problems finding it the first time but after after asking around couple of times I was pointed into the right direction.

Overall I was quite happy with my choice and there was nothing to regret about. They were definitely above my expectations.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
lancaster
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

The hotel is lovely the rooms are too the bed is really comfy and the showers are amazing they are like waterfalls the rooms have a safe hair dryer and mini bar but nothing was in it but we didn't mind we brought up water whenever we needed it.
The staff are polite you just have to try hard to communicate your wishes as it is mainly are French resort but some staff can speak a little English we had no problems.

The only downside is sometimes the food was rubbish but that was because they do theme nights and when they try to cook American English etc they aint too good at it but when it's morrocon night we ate really well the breakfast is limited to sloppy scrambled egg and basic cheese hams but there was always fresh bread which was gorgeous.

The hotel is out of the way so they provide the shuttle bus which was fantastic always on time so it meant you had to be aswell.

It tries to provide entertainment but it's not that good we were bored most nights here unless we went out to the city and ate out.

Basically if you are after a resort where you want to do nothing but eat sleep sunbathe chill and nothing major then this is the place we enjoyed ourselves and totally chilled out

• Stayed January 2012
Washington, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Having booked 3 nights half board and reading some reviews, I wasn't too certain about my choice! The price I paid led me to think there would be a catch! Indeed, the catch is that the hotel is far from the centre of Marrakech - at least 20 mins in the free shuttle bus provided by the hotel. It is regular and on time - you book your drop off and pick up so you can be certain of a seat!

The lobby of this hotel is wonderful, looks very 4 star - the pool area looks brilliant although the pool is a little too cold for swimming at the moment! The rooms are all tastefully decorated, modern and spacious! There is free wifi in rooms facing the pool area, air conditioning, a fridge which you can ask to be filled with minibar items.

The staff are all friendly, there is always someone who speaks English although using a bit of French also is useful. The dinner was tasty and a good choice given the limited number of guests the hotel has staying at this time of the year. There is a shop in the hotel selling gifts and basic supplies - it is very expensive! But, the only shop for miles!

I found this hotel great value for money, if you don't mind being away from the city centre and are happy to take the free shuttle bus then it's a great option - provided you are half board! Otherwise you'd need to eat in the city before coming back! The compound where the hotel is located also has its own security!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Swindon, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

My wife and I visited Morocco for the first time for a 10 night break. We looked at plenty of hotels and we immediately fell in love with this one. The price was excellent and the hotel had been open just over a year. We found the hotel to be in excellent condition and always very clean. The staff were always trying to get people involved but accepted it when you weren't interested. We used the spa and apart from seeing one cockroach we were able to relax and have some lovely treatments and excellent prices, very relaxing!!
The food was very tasty however we suffered with an upset stomach for 3-4 days but managed to get over it quickly.
It was difficult being English as the majority of guests were either locals or French so the language barrier was there, but not impossible. It was nice with fewer English present as it made the holiday more foreign.

Room Tip: high room with pool view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

Istayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and i was very pleased to be there
my celebrated my bday there even i didnt tell anyone of the employees, I was surprised to receive a bday cake and a bday card from the hotel manager; it was so kind of her and she's a nice person.
I did love this hotel and the lovely people working there
it's a very nice hotel, nice and clean room with balcony, diversitu of meals and very yummy pancakes at breakfast.
and if you want to go to the medina you can use the shuttle bus which is every two hours.

in general our stay was unforgettable

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at Atlas Targa and Resort last week for 5 nights. I absolutely loved this hotel! the staff were extremely courteous, kind and diligent, they were continually trying to go that extra mile and made it a really special stay for myself and my friend.

The food was great, the room was great, the pool was great, the 'animation' team were great and the general ambiance was one of relaxation and fun.

The only problem I had was with the in-house spa. The staff took it in turns to be rude to us and were impatient with us when we were booking treatments, a free Hammam (steam-room) session was offered as part of our package, but as soon as you mention that you want to take up the free offer the staff immediately lose interest.
I opted to do my eyebrows in the spa and was told they would be done with wax and tweezers, however when I got there the lady used only tweezers (which I could have and should have done at home) and the worst bit was when she daubed my eyebrows and forehead with undiluted Dettol, afterwards the pain was so bad I couldn't focus, couldn't even see the mess she'd made of my eyebrows, I just had a drink and went to bed. I was woken up about 45 minutes later by a call from the spa complaining that my friend didn't want to pay for her pedi/manicure. My friend explained that she had booked the pedi/manicure which was meant to come complete with nail polish application. As she had chosen to have white tips painted on her nails, they were asking for extra money! In the middle of this conversation the spa lady snatched the phone from my friend, and slammed the phone down! I was shocked as I had only experienced kind professionalism until this point.
The eyebrows kept burning and now 4 days later I have been left with a large superficial chemical burn across both eyebrows and part of my forehead.
I have written to the hotel and await their response.

I would definitely come back to this hotel but really DO NOT do anything in that spa apart from the Hammam, if you let any of those women near your body then good luck to you!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends