“Thank you Ksar Anika for a lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ksar Anika

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Prices are for rooms, adults
Ksar Anika
Save Saved
You added Ksar Anika to your Saves list
Rue Makbara des Juifs | Mellah, Marrakech 4000, Morocco   |
Ranked #131 of 1,046 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Thank you Ksar Anika for a lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a five night stay at Ksar Anika. This was a return trip to Marrakech and Ksar Anika because we loved both so much. We don’t often return to the same place but we were not disappointed. I can honestly say that, having travelled the world extensively, I have never experienced such welcoming hospitality and attentive service. From the moment we arrived, the service was as outstanding as the first time we visited, nothing was too much trouble. Madjouline, the Manager and Abderrazak, the Deputy Manager were always on hand to help with our queries and offer suggestions regarding our holiday plans. Abderrazak also arranged our trip to the Atlas Mountains. We were here to celebrate my husband’s and my daughter’s birthday. On both of these days, birthday cake was unexpectedly supplied and a lot of fuss was made of them. Every afternoon we relaxed on the roof terrace, soaking up the sun, where we were supplied with complimentary mint tea and cookies. We had dinner and lunch twice in the Riad, both times the food was delicious and the service very attentive. A hamman is definitely recommended at the Riad. There is a lot of hustle and bustle in the Medina of Marrakech and visitors should be prepared for this, but it is also part of the fun. However, entering the oasis of Ksar Anika is total bliss in comparison. A great way to start the New Year!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

149 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Weston, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My husband, 21-year old daughter, and I stayed two nights at the Ksar Anika Riad and could not have been more pleased. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the decor in the public spaces, as well as our room, is absolutely beautiful—elegant and sophisticated. The bath room was very modern and spacious. Our room was well-lit with numerous electrical outlets. The continental breakfast—served in a lovely room with fireplace (and Christmas tree!)—was delicious with fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee/tea, and various Moroccan breads. As our booking was arranged by our touring company—Around Morocco Travels—I was curious to check out the legendary and historic La Mamounia, also in Marrakesh, to see if we might be missing out on something. Undoubtedly, La Mamounia, situated in the midst of lovely gardens, and is quite beautiful. Although we were well-dressed—not attired in sneaks and sweats—we found the staff to be reserved and formal, which was rather off-putting to us. We are glad that we made the comparison, as we were very happy that we stayed at the Ksar Anika instead.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The first thing that struck me about this hotel was that I felt instantly at home. Nothing was a problem for the staff, they were so incredibly friendly and helpful. We had booked a twin room, but had been given a double. The staff promptly changed around beds for us without a hint of confusion or panic, they just did it with a smile!

Breakfast (included in the price) was representative of a traditional Moroccan breakfast, with fruit, yogurt, orange juice, pancakes, and a selection of breads. However, I felt the option of eggs could have been included. We only had dinner here once, and although we were supposed to give a whole day notice, the staff still said they would cook dinner for us even though we had only given a couple of hours notice. We only sampled the tagliatelle bolognese, which was delicious, but we did have better food elsewhere.

There were two things that I felt let the riad down a little bit. Firstly, the furniture on the rooftop terrace seemed a little bit neglected, and the sun loungers were just too dirty and dusty to sit on comfortably. It is understandable that things on the roof would be dusty, but it would have been a good idea to provide blankets to cover them with that could then be easily shaken off and washed. Secondly, the plumbing was a bit noisy, making a series of clunking and droning noises every time someone ran the tap or had a shower, sometimes keeping us awake a night.

Overall, room for improvement, but the staff here helped make our trip to Marrakech enjoyable and made everything run smoothly, letting us use the phone in reception to organise trips, and, on a couple of occasions, escorting us when we weren't sure which way to go! They absolutely went above and beyond great customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Ham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Hello Trippies and Happy New Year to you all! My husband and I checked into the Ksar Anika on December 22nd and as it was late in the afternoon / early evening we decided to unpack and eat in. The food was not brilliant, (that's my tastes), little samosa thingies and a tagine each which I did not like and was glad I had a case packed full of bikkies, nibbles and chocolate etc. Our Suite was big - almost too big with a lot of wasted space. There was a huge long sofa in the room with lots of big plump cushions and seriously the 'most' comfortable bed I have ever slept on. We also had a shared balcony which was ours due to no one else in the suite next door. The decor and cleanliness of the Riad is super. The staff wonderfully friendly and helpful. We were there for 5 days and I must admit I got bored with the breakfast choice each day which was brought to the table and given to you - so no choice! but always fresh and hot so that was not a problem, just boring for the length of our stay, there was no buffet to speak of. At times the Riad was sooo quiet (4 of us at one point), but I am certain in full season it is packed, a bit like the UK high and low seasons. Despite the title of my write up which is true, behind the walls of the Riad the peace and quite was amazing in comparison to the hustle and bustle of the outside and soaking up the sun (approx 26 degrees on Christmas Eve), on the roof terrace - which has a small amount of gym equipment it was a great place to pass a few hours, soak up the sun, read a book and enjoy a bottle of local wine (which is good!). Sadly on my last night i fell and broke my ankle close to the Riad due to an uneven road / pathway - be careful! it is tiring trying to look at what is going on and enjoying the atmosphere, added to watching where you are walking so as not to trip and watching the traffic so as not to get mowed down. But I must say the staff went above and beyond when I fell getting a taxi, getting me to hospital and sending a member of staff with us to translate and wait with us. One last thing.... take ear plugs with you if you are a light sleeper as noise outside the Riad continues well into the night and starts very early AM! But Marrakesh is must see, must do.

Room Tip: A standard room would have been perfectly adequate for us rather than the suite as I did feel like a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Situated next to the Jewish cemetery and a good 15 minutes from the main square jemaa el fna, this Riad is a lovely place to stay. The staff were attentive and eager to please. My wife and I stayed for 5 nights over Christmas. The room, (suite) we had was number 7 on the first floor, a large spacious room with a separate seating area and access to a shared balcony over looking the plunge pool, the room and the Riad are showing signs of wear and tear, a bit shabby in places. We only ate in one evening, it wasn't a massive culinary delight but adequate never the less. Breakfast was the same every morning, mixed fruit salad, yogurt and a selection of breads, all OK but quite limited especially as we were there for 5 days. The terrace was a pleasant place to sit and soak up the winter sun. The route to and from the Riad is rather tortuous and not for the faint hearted at night, not that you are in any danger from the locals, far from it but the pavements or lack of and the uneven roads are a death trap, sadly my wife fell foul of the uneven roads and broke her ankle. The staff at the Riad were superb and one of them went with us to the hospital and stayed with us all the time, then they sent someone out to the chemist for the necessary drugs she was prescribed. One last thing unless you're used to a noisy environment , ear plugs will be a necessity to get to sleep as outside the Riad chaos ensues.

Room Tip: room 7 was nice
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
dsm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two nights with my familiy (2 kids) 22, 23/12... the riad is near to jemee el fna approx 15min walk through the souk. Nothing to c fm outside d hotel but once ur inside then u will realize ur in heaven - total peace, beautiful decoration n architecture, quick check in wit the best mint tea wit biscuits. Our room was absolutely stunning n amazed to c such a well design room. Very clean, wifi, hot water...cannot fault anything. Staff very caring n helpful...my son also watched a movie in their small/mini cinema hall...view fm terrace nothing much. Didnt hv a meal in d riad as whn ur in marrakech thn best is to eat outside to enjoy wit a busy square. Breakfast is good. Very safe while walking to n fro fm hotel...the best Riad n will definately recommend!

• Stayed December 2012
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We were the only people here - myself, spouse, daughter - during our one night stay in early June 2012. There was confusion about our "plan" it was to include dinner that night and breakfast the following morning. We had to insist they make a call to our private tour operator to straighten it out.

The facility is nice enough - new, clean and basically comfortable. It is located on the edge of the medina and across the road from a huge cemetary. The food is only average and it was not some place we'd return to or recommend. Reservations were made by our tour company.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Ksar Anika? Share your experiences!