“Eat here too” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #136 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York
“Eat here too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for three nights in September as part of a tour arranged by Around Morocco Tours. The Riad was wonderful. Our room was spacious, quite, well decorated, and had a nice little view into the courtyard and out into the street. Our first night in Morocco (and Marrakech) we ended up having dinner in the courtyard of the Riad. Not only was the food outstanding but the setting, in the beautiful courtyard under the stars, was amazing. It probably helped that the riad was almost empty and there was no one else eating out there at the time, but even if there had been other diners around I think it would have still made for a special evening. The staff was outstanding, very accommodating, and the owner (I think she was the owner, could have been the manager) was very interested in making sure we were having a nice stay and she stopped to chat and check in with us every time we saw her.
When I first saw this place online I was a little hesitant because I thought I wanted to stay closer to the main square. This turned out to be a non issue. 1) The square isn't that far away, 10 minute walk at the most and the walk is actually really nice. 2) I liked the main square but I'm really glad we didn't stay there. The riad was close to enough that getting to it was very easy but far enough away that you don't feel like you are part of the nonstop chaos, which was nice.
I would highly recommend this place and I would further suggest that anyone staying here have dinner at least one night in the riad.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Having read the other reviews - I can only endorse what has already been said - it was an absolute pleasure staying at this riad. It has been beautifully decorated and the manager, Madjouline bent over backwards to make our stay as comfortable as possible. A thoroughly enjoyed experience all round.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This place is a little gem. They have a beautiful pool and patio and relaxing courtyards, large roof terrace with gym and great view, clean rooms and very friendly helpful staff ,who are always there when you needed them but never in your way. The Manager Madjouline meets everyone of her guests and makes you comfortable together with Abdul and the rest fo the staff. We were impressed with all the details on the décor of the whole Riad. The breakfast was always deliciously fresh and I have lots of allergies so could not eat there fresh fruit and yougurt but they made me special eggs etc every morning. The location is excellent, about 10min walking from the main square Djemaa El Fna. I was celebrating my birthday and Madjouline, Akbar, Rashid, Youseef and Abdel made it a most memorable day. I got a bit of a tummy bug towards the end of the holiday from having ice in one of the bars in the squre and Madjouline came with Bicarbonate of soda, alka Seltzer, Buscopan and kept checking on me during the day to make sure I was ok. When I say home away from home, I felt comfortable, happy, relaxed, loved and cared for. Would definitely be going back to Ksar Anika and would definitely recommend to friends and family.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

We super stay at Ksar Anika Riad for our Marrakesh honeymoon for the following reasons!

* Stunning interiors....a stylish balance of traditional with modern!
* Quite and tranquil away from the bustle of the city center and busier streets!
* The wonderful dip pool was a blessing after each hot trip outside!
* Friendly and helpful service especially from Abderrazak whom kindly helped us with all our queries and requests and spoke great English!
* Great fresh and healthy breakfasts that set us up for the day!
* We enjoyed an in house Hammam inside the Riad after a trip to the Sahara! We felt brand new!
We will certainly recommend to our friends !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We loved this place! The kids enjoyed the pool and the spacious clean rooms. We loved the pool loungers, the food and the bar service. Breakfast was delicious and elegantly served at tables beside the pool. Walking distance to the Soukhs. This place was a real treat. It was a great find!

Room Tip: In the summer, the ground level is cooler at night.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place is a little paradise, just what we needed after hours walking around the busy and beautiful streets of Marrakesh.
They have a beautiful pool and patio, large roof terrace with a great view, clean rooms and very friendly staff, always there when you needed them but never on your way. I was impressed about all the details on the décor of the whole Riad. The soap and shampoo on the bathroom were of good quality and smelled great. The breakfast was always deliciously fresh. The airco worked well and the beds were good. The location is excellent, about 10min walking from the main square Djemaa El Fna. We loved Marrakesh and will certainly come back to Ksar Anika.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Riad in May and it was simply one of the best experiences I have ever had. It was reasonably cheap and therefore didnt know what to expect when we arrived. However, after turning up in our transfer we were both pleasantly surprised. Our room was gorgeous and big, we felt like we should of been paying double or even triple. The roof garden was amazing and views were simply stunning. The staff were all lovely and very helpful. I woke up every morning looking forward to breakfast as everyday it was a different treat.

It is very close to the medina (8 minute stroll max) but far enough away so that you feel like you have your own piece of tranquility waiting for you when you head back. We will definitely be returning. This was my first holiday in 3 years (workaholic). I therefore had high expectations and trust me, all of them were met!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ksar Anika? Share your experiences!