“Great Riad!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #169 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Great Riad!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 4 nights and we loved it! All the staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was lovely! Neither of us had a problem with the wifi, and the included breakfast was always a treat!
My only issue was that the water in the showers wasn't always hot and that was a bit of a let down.

However, I would definitely recommend this Riad to anyone going to Marrakech, but make sure you get picked up at the airport or you'll never find the place!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

We arranged for a transfer from the station otherwise I'm not sure if we would have found it. But the location is really perfect, barely five minutes from Djemma el fna. Stepping inside the riad was like stepping in our private oasis. Exquisite decor and just deep enough inside the alleys that you do not hear the hustle and bustle outside. This riad has two buildings though and our room was in the secondary building just next door. The rooms were lovely, a bit smaller than some of the other riads we stayed at in Morocco, but still cozy and comfortable nonetheless. Bathrobes, hair dryer and toiletries are provided. Buffet breakfast was alright, couldn't get enough of the orange juice and eggs with cumin and salt! The only negative was that my iphone couldn't connect to the wifi whereas my traveling partner using a Samsung phone could!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ibiza, Islas Baleares, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Wow! Wonderful Riad tucked away at the back of some of the most run down grotty side streets! staff were welcoming and could not do enough for you, rooms were exceptional despite the 5 am wake up daily with the call to pray! Our shower head was broken for most of the stay, meaning you had to hold it one hand and shower with the other, it was reported on day one but never fixed, also, the hot water ran out a few times. Apart from that, it was a pleasure to be here, luxury and comfort right by the Miriad of Marrakech's cultural lifestyle.

Room Tip: Book a junior suite which is at the top and quieter, two rooms with a double and two singles, lovely...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Second visit to Marrakech, this Riad is amazing, rooms with air con, TV, mini bar which I think is free, but we did not need to use it. On arrival, excellent no stress check in with welcoming tea, full info given, rooms were amazing, beautifully decorated with own hair dryer, bath robes, sower gel, shampoo, lovely towels,, I highlight these simply as we did not get them in other Riads previously.
Amazing breakfast, lunch and dinners optional but we ate out. Pretty spa, hamman, very reasonable but we did not use it. Beautiful roof terraces, and free wifi. The staff are so warm friendly and helpful, Room service was perfect with such attention to detail every single day. We will certainly return, for me it is where I want to stay when I visit Marrakech. SHUKRAN or Al'Ikthar-Chirik

Room Tip: I can only suggest that travelers take slippers or buy some near by. We had 2 rooms, same floor next...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
West Sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Staying at this hotel was a great way to kick-start our romantic holiday in Morocco. Rooms were simply beautiful, excellent communal outside terrace spaces, excellent, welcoming staff. The breakfast complete with olives, pancakes and lemon drizzle cake was a dream.

The hotel, although down a small street, is handily close to the main square. If you are booking a airport transfer to the hotel, be aware that the last 5 mins of the journey will be on foot as the hotel can't be reached from the road. Once you are inside the building, it is magic.

Room Tip: Our ground floor suite opened up onto the central courtyard and reception area. Next time I would tr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The Riad was was really beautiful, like something out of a book from the romantic poets. Nothing was too much trouble for the management and staff there.
The rooms were fantastic, the location perfect, the sun terrace peaceful and comfortable.
All in all it felt like authentic Marrakech. I would most certainly recommend this as the place to stay, whilst the big hotels looked fantastic, this was for me the essence of Morocco.

Room Tip: Each room was unique but the balcony rooms were really beautiful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

As a female single traveller arriving in Marrakech for my first visit, i was anxious to make sure I could be collected from Marrakech airport and taken to this Riad. I emailed the manager my flight details and received a prompt reply that my airport pick up was booked
I arrived at 7.30 pm at Marrakech airport to find no one waiting for me and when I called the Riad only a recorded message greeted me.
Being a braveish sort I found a taxi to take me to the medina but of course the driver then couldn't walk me to the door as it is in the traffic free area so I had to rely on a street porter to show me the way.
Finally arriving at the Riad the manager told me my pick up had been sent at lunchtime as he had misread my email. I was not offered the famous mint tea or made to feel particularly welcome.
That said, it's a beautiful restored mansion house with fabulous decor right in the heart of the action. Just make sure you're prepared to find it yourself!

• Stayed November 2012