“The spa and dining experience was divine...” 4 of 5 stars

Royal Mansour Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Abou Abbas El Sebti, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #83 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“The spa and dining experience was divine...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The spa at the Royal Mansour was jaw droppingly beautiful. A quiet unprepossessing corridor led to a room with enormously high ceilings and separate alcove waiting areas seprated by beautiful bird-cage like structures in white. We arrived 2 hours early to relax in the pool and were greeted by lovely staff. They lost my reservation (I booked for an hour of hammam and a facial) and was told I had only booked a hammam but that was quite quickly sorted out and I got what I wanted after several rounds of speaking to the staff. The pool was set in an enormous greenhouse with high glass ceilings which let the light in and kept the temperature nice and warm. The courtyard outside was filled with lemon trees which were pretty and kept the place looking beautiful and green.

The real fun started when we were led in luxuriously thick fuzzy bathrobes to the hammam and scrubbed within an inch of our lives with a gorgeously thick black soap on an almost unbearably hot marble slab. Once clean, I was offered a fresh robe and ushered into a gorgeous waiting room with daybeds and hot tea and fluffy pillows and sheets. My facial was the best I have ever had. I had the purifying facial using maroc maroc products and the extraction hardly hurt which is a surprise. They didn't have availibility in the ordinary rooms so we were upgraded to the spa suite. A super confortable bed/chair was positioned directly underneath a skylight conveniently shaded from the searing afternoon sun. You can watch the clouds scudding lazily by as luxurious products are smoothed onto your skin. The sun was shining (but not in your eyes) the birds were singing (and none of them were doing it too loudly to preventing you from having a bit of a snooze). It felt like unicorns and fairies were consipring to make me truly happy. It was an unbelievable experience.

They lost my dinner reservation (as well as mucking up my spa reservation!) but everything turned out well as they were able to squeeze us in at the Moroccan Restaurant. Again, the unicorns and fairies were hard at work because dinner was divine. Yes, the 50 euro flute of champagne was exorbitant, as was the 25 euro glass of fruit juice but the chicken tagine was divine and the orange pearls for dessert (little pearls which exploded with fresh orange juice when you bit into them) were sublime. Staff were charming and very hospitable, genuinely getting excited about introducing specialities and making sensible recommendations.

We were a little sad to see our humble little taxi motoring its way along the drive alongside the bentleys and rolls royces to take us back to our Riad but I'll be back one day to try out the hotel

Room Tip: just go to the spa. it was amazing
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ho Chi Minh City, null, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I can't find better words then "unbelievable" and "amazing". From the first step you can feel it. Real Moroccan design in all the things. Hotel has unforgettable touches everywhere. It was the best choice to book Premier One bedroom in this hotel. 3floor villa with private pool on the roof. Every day I went to swim in the nicest pool, to do some exercises in gym. Sure, I can say the best service, the best design, food,....and other. But you need to go and to see it. To touch and to stay. That s how they did hotel - You don't want to go out from hotel, you want to stay whole day and night and enjoy every moment this fairy moroccan tale.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

This is an absolutely stunning place. The décor is better than anything else you will see in Marrakech, so it's definitely worth a visit, if only for a drink or a meal. The service is also 5 star.
However, you need to be prepared to pay for the amazing experience. If not, don't go.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This review is for La Grande Table Francaise restaurant at the Royal Mansour, but firstly I just want to say that the entire hotel grounds is amazing. We were given a tour around the Royal Mansour prior to our dinner--the library, the spa, the cigar room, the bar...everything was beautiful. Each room they walked us through had us in awe of all the details meticulously put in. La Grande Table Francaise is a place if you want to have dinner in an opulent majestic setting. Service is impeccable. The food is pricey, but the food was outstanding. Fresh local truffles that they showed us. The Wagyu beef melts in your mouth and the chicken breast was cooked perfectly that it was still juicy and tender. The entire meal was delicious, no complaints whatsoever. At the end of the meal, the chef came out and introduced himself. La Grande Table Francaise was truly a wonderful experience for us--the setting, the service and the food all made it a memorable meal in Marrakech.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had our anniversary dinner at the Moroccan restaurant at Royal Mansour. It was absolutely incredible. The finest dinner I have every had. We just ordered a glass of wine each and a fish to share but they brought us soup and appetizers. The sommelier shared a newly opened bottle of 2001 wine with us which was incredibly thoughtful. It is over the top, dress up and savor every moment! It is absolutely beautiful - every square inch of the hotel must be covered in something handcrafted. I feel very blessed to have seen such workmanship.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Amazing hotel set in Marrakesh. Little country typical called Riads in a lush garden. Expensive but really five star. We stayed in a three bedroom riad with two butlers who looked after everything. Kids club and pool are there to recommend too although the water in the pool could be warmer but the Spa is wonderful. If you have the money to splurge you can definitely do it here. I was lucky to work and enjoy it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This review is for LA GRANDE TABLE MAROCAINE, one of 3 restaurants at Royal Mansour Hotel. First, walking through the hotel... I have never before seen such beauty in a hotel's grounds and interior. Every single exquisite detail left me in awe. I felt this was what royalty must experience as every turn revealed more intricate beauty and elegance. Next, a drink... The bar's lounge was silver, golden and pearly, decorated in the roaring 20s fashion. It had to have been the most expensive mixed drink I ever had at about $40, but I was intoxicated with the surroundings.. is this heaven? The way to the restrooms is magical with mosaics, reflecting pool and fountains and drapes and drapes of silk curtains. Finally, dinner... again down to the finest detail, the silverware, the candle lights, the china, the staff with gloved hands, the music being played just at the right volume, tempo and tunes... WOW! This is opulence I've never experienced before. I have to mention the staff again - they were incredibly professional, discreet and attentive. I ordered the mixed salads and they were very good, though I must admit, Fatima at our riad topped them. The bread was fantastic and the butter was even delicately seasoned. Overall, everyone had very good meals, but the absolute winner was the pigeon pastilla. Wow! Unfortunately, I didn't order this, but after my friend generously offered a bite I wanted to jump over the table with my fork and knife wielded and gobble it all up. That certainly would have broken the magic of the scene. It was already quite a memorable night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Mansour Marrakech? Share your experiences!