“An inspiration!” 5 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #57 of 1,070 Marrakech B&B and Inns
“An inspiration!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Destiny unfolded and lead me to this oasis of splendour..... I wasn't meant to stay at this Riad but mistakenly booked the wrong dates at an alternative and was guided to this beautiful home.

Patrick & Liliane are a fantastically warm, natural and obviously stylish duo who have created a very special and enviable enclave in a mystical corner of unknown lands....

The rooms are simple, clean, with natural colours, fabrics and everything done to perfection without seemingly "done".

The riad is a fabulous canvas for Patrick's artwork and a joy to be immersed within.

I would recommend this to anyone who needs some inspiration in their lives.....thankyou, a special house and two special Individuals!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I stayed in Dar Nour El Houda for 6 nights and it was one of the best hotel experiences that I have ever had (and I travel a lot!). Patrick, Liliane and Ghita were amazing and as soon as I arrived I was made to feel at home. The Riad is beautifully decorated, impeccably clean, and gorgeous! Every morning I ate breakfast on the terrace- the homemade bread & jam was delicious. I also had a couple of other meals prepared by Ghita- both were amazing!

As a solo woman traveller I found Marrakech to be overwhelming at first, but staying in this riad really made me relax & feel at home in the city. It is in a great location near the Souks and is only a short walk to most places to see in the Medina. Everything that Partick & Liliane recommended to me was fabulous. I definitely want to return & will reccommend Dar Nour El Houda to anyone going to Marrakech!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at Dar Nour El Houda Riad for 2 nights and it was a great experience. The Riad is very beautiful with an excellent decoration. It was like a little oasis in the middle of the Medina. It's so quiet and relaxing. The owners Patrick and Liliane are lovely and gave us great tips about Marrakech. They also made us feel like at home.
We were really impressed with this place and it made our stay in Marrakech wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed for 7 nights in March 2013. Airport pick up was waiting for us when we arrived in Marrakech. Beautiful riad with well appointed rooms. Very clean throughout, and lots of hot water. We were the only guests for much of our stay, but when two other families with young babies stayed the atmosphere remained calm and peaceful. Lovely roof terrace, splendid breakfasts -always plentiful! Ghita was always friendly and made us feel very welcome. Location is good, a short walk to most sites in the Medina, but just outside the intense whirl and bustle that characterises the souqs. The experience was great, and we would definitely return and recommend this riad to our friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights over new year 2012/2013. We booked through Hostel world via the Lonely planet website.

It's an absolute gem of a place. On first arrival at about 8pm in Marrakech we were a bit 'taken a-back' by the bustling and some what slightly 'rough' looking part of town, but all places seem a little scary when you arrive somewhere at night. We opted for the airport transfer of 18 Euros. A bit steep, but between 2 people not bad. The Riad is located about a 4 minute walk from the main road (But not main as in a main road in the UK, if you get what I mean) The driver lead us to the door where we were greeted by Ghita (Pronounced Rita) and her sister.

We were shown to the courtyard in the centre of the Riad and then to our room. We had the smallest of the three on offer on the ground floor and it was gorgeous, with plenty of space for 2. Cosy, comfy beds, clean (spotless), a gas heater had been provided as this time of year Marrakech can be a little cold at night. The heater was more than sufficient (and I'm one of those people who feel the cold!) Ghita gave us mint tea and biscuits and although late, gave us a tour of the Riad, right up to the rooftop to see the view.

The Riad was amazing. My boyfriend is a light sleeper but the Riad was peaceful and quiet. There are a few Mosques near by but I think he only got woken up by the call to prayer once... You could hardly hear it. A family was staying in one of the other rooms... I'd definitely recommend this place for families, couples of any age and even a group of friends.

The shower was hot, the home made bread and jam for breakfast was delicious. And Ghita, bless her, despite our terrible French, was warm and welcoming and made us feel really at home. We didn't want to leave. The location of the Riad is great too. You really feel like you get to see part of real Marrakech life as you wander the narrow streets dodging bikes and kids playing. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the main market. A 5 minute walk to the Musee de Marrakech and the photography gallery and about a 5-10 min walk to the souks.

One night we had dinner at the Riad cooked by Rita and the food was delicious. We sat in a cosy little room with an open fire. The Tajine was cooked to perfection.

I will definitely be coming back to Marrakech and I'll definitely will be trying to stay at this Riad. Loved it.

Room Tip: Only saw one room out of the three.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

The location of this riad is excellent: in the middle of the medina and just a 10 minute walk away from Djaam el Fnaa. We stayed in this lovely riad for ten nights in October 2012. We were the only guests and were generously upgraded to a bigger room.The riad is not particularly luxurious, but it is clean and comfortable and has all the amenities you require. The furnishing is very tasteful with much attention to detail. The entire place is decorated with beautiful paintings painted by the owner Patrick. As soon as you enter the riad you sense the calming and relaxing atmosphere, which is much appreciated in the hecticness of the medina. Patrick and Liliane were very friendly and accommodating hosts. We could communicate fairly well using a mixture of English and French, but being fluent in French as a guest is certainly helpful. Ghita is an excellent cook and made us one of the best tagines we had during our stay. Prices are comparable to an upscale Marrakesh restaurant as well. A typical morrocan breakfast was served on the roof terrace everyday. Basic, but tasty. All in all highly recommended.

Tip:
The nearby Foundouk restaurant is superb

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lisboa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Charming little riad located very close to the souk's north entrance. The owners are very polite and willing to help and at the same know how to keep a distance. It's not a luxury riad but that's not what we were looking for. It's a comfortable, clean and quiet place...like home really. We had dinner the night we arrived and it was by far the best meal we had in Marrakesh. Thank you Patrick, Lilliane and Ghita!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Dar Nour El Houda? Share your experiences!