“Riad Plus” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #128 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Riad Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were the three of us. One baby and the way we felt like home was warming. Sarah, Mouad and Karima treated us like we were family. Mouad was great with our little Maher. Karima made the most delicious breakfast and Sarah was kind. It was just a few minutes walk to Djemma El Fna but the road to it is exciting with local stores and shops and a great restautant called Chez Ibrahim. So we would recommend this Riad

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Riad_Oiseau_Paradis, Responsable relations clients at Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you, it was very sweet to have you at the riad specially Maher is a beautiful little boy! Everybody (Habiba, Rachida, Karima and Mouad) say hello to the three of you. Come back soon!!!

Sarah, Mouad and the girls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I was a guest at Riad l'Oiseau in November, and highly recommend it for those looking to stay in a quiet, clean and friendly house. Sarah answered all my questions and made the airport and desert trip arrangements. Mouad watched over the place at night, and always ensured I was comfortable (especially with coffee in the mornings). And of course Karima is a wonderful chef, very nice breakfasts and dinner. I've stayed at 5 star hotels, cheap motels and everything in between. Riad l'Oiseau is by far my favorite; the personal touch makes all the difference. Thank you Sarah, Mouad and Karima.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Riad_Oiseau_Paradis, Responsable relations clients at Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thanks again for this very kind appreciation!!! The riad are very proud that you had a beautiful and relaxing time with us... You are always welcome in our lovely riad!
See you soon.

Sarah, Mouad and girls
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Convenient for the centre of the old town (Medina) and very good value for money. Rooms very clean. Dining in, very good Morrocan food cooked by Karima. Muad and Sarah shared their knowledge and experience of the city very generously with us - could not have been more friendly and welcoming. Massage in the spa was very good and professional. Weather warm in November. Oasis of calm, near to the centre but not noisy. Made to feel very welcome and we will definitely return. Great mint tea!

Room Tip: All seemed good
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Riad_Oiseau_Paradis, Responsable relations clients at Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
You are very kind! It was a pleasure to share with you these good times.... Hope you are very well!!
Take care.

Sarah, Mouad and girls.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had a great stay here in November 2013. The reviews are correct when they say that it is a quiet haven from the bustling streets of Marrakech. The guy that ran the Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis literally couldn’t do enough for us, he was great! He kept an eye on us throughout our trip and gave us his personal mobile number so that we could contact him if we ever got lost (the souks can be a bit maze-like at times.) In fact, one tip would to be to organise a transfer via the Riad to collect you from the airport to take you there when you arrive. It takes a lot of the stress out of your arrival!

The Riad was very central, 10 minutes’ walk from the main square. We also organised a trip to the mountains through the Riad which was a great day out. Would definitely recommend the Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis if you’re looking for a good value for money place to stay!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello, thank you very much for this kind message!!!! Happy to know that you have spent a great times with us!!! Everybody say to you hi...

Sarah, Mouad and the girls
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here in Sept and had the best time! the staff were incredibly helpful with advice about must see sights to the best clubs to visit to the cheapest way to new marrakech! We asked
for them to call us a taxi a few times which they happily did.

We were met on arrival and given mint tea and coconut biscuits! A member of staff sat with a map and explained everything to us such as where all of the sights were and how to get to the Medina. He was so lovely and helpful. Most of the staff spoke some English but it definitely helped to know a bit of basic french!

As for the room itself it was beautiful! Lovely big room with big bathroom with a great wet room type shower! The only thing that might bother some people was that the bathroom didn't have a door, but the loo is tucked round a corner so you cant see anything if your in the main bedroom bit - it didn't bother us one bit though!

The Riad offers Hammam service at the Riad which is great, its a bit more expensive than going to a public hammam but if your nervous about the public nature of it like I was then this is great. We had sauna, Hammam (wash and remove dead skin) followed by an incredibly relaxing massage for aprox £35 - well worth the money!

We also took advantage of the dinner on our first night which was a lovely two course meal with mint tea and biscuits after. The riad also sold beer and wine which was reasonably priced and very handy as alcohol isn't always easy to find in Marrakeche.

All in all would definitely recommend!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Riad_Oiseau_Paradis, Responsable relations clients at Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your beautiful message. So happy to know that you have a real good stay here with us... hope to see you soon!!!!

Sarah, Mouad and girls
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed for 7 nights at this fabulous Riad. A little hard to find at first but once you know your way around it was a short and easy walk from the main Jmema El Fna square. All the staff were friendly and upon arrival Sarah checked us in, gave us mint tea and biscuits and showed us all of the main attractions in Marrakech and some words of advice. The Riad was beautifully decorated and kept really clean, with rooms cleaned and towels changed daily, it was a cool and relaxing haven amongst the busy streets of the Medina. The Riad was safe, the safe in our room was broken and there is only a small padlock for the room yet we had nothing stolen despite leaving our vaulables quite accessible. The staff couldn't do more. On one evening when we booked an overnight excursion but we forgot to tell the Riad, Murhad even called up at 12.30am to check if we were ok and asked us why we hadn't returned. Breakfast was between 8.30-10.30 in which we were served a range of fresh homemade pancakes and breads with jams and honey, but on 2 occasions we had to leave early and asked to be served breakfast at 7.30am, Murhad got up early especially for us.

The only minor (very minor) complaints I had for the Riad was that the bedrooms were quite dim as some of the lightbulbs had blown and that the drainage in the shower and sinks were very slow but I've heard that this can happen with many places in Marrakech. The wifi connection was not very strong and I could only get access in the main lounge/pool area.

All in all, we had a wonderful experience at the Riad and would recommend it to anyone. It was great value (especially as we stayed in the cheapest Lagune room) but the most commendable were it's wonderful staff who could not do more.

Room Tip: Rooms at the bottom have good wifi access.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Riad_Oiseau_Paradis, Responsable relations clients at Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for this great comment!!! It was a pleasure to have in our riad.
I was very glad you have shared good times in Marrakech and hope so see you soon for other discoveries.

Take care
Sarah, Mouhad and girls.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My first day in Marrakech was horrible! I was suppose to come with my cousin but at the airport they told her she needed a visa because she has an ecuadorian passport so I ended coming alone. At arrival, the airline lost my luggage so I spent like 2 hours there filing a report and giving my info bla bla bla. I missed my bus to Ouarzazate so I decided to grab a cab to my riad. After uncomfortably walking to the taxi spot while the men made kissing sounds at me I tried to find someone that spoke English and after them fighting to take me to my riad I got in the cab and didn't fight the 20€ charge. Entering old town, the taxi driver asked a kid on a bike where the riad was and we ended up following the kid. The taxi driver dropped me off on the corner of an alley and practically threw my bag at me and demanded pay. I got mad and said I wouldn't pay him unless he walked me to the front door of the riad lol. He ended up walking me with a long face but whatever, I wasn't going to take the chance. At the same time a whole bunch of kids surrounded me asking me for money. I just walked straight trembling in fear of this alley. Once, Eric I believe, opened the door into the beautiful riad I felt like I was at home. When I tried to check in I noticed I printed the info on this riad that I was originally interested in but I didn't book it because it was booked for the days I needed. I felt like sitting on a corner and crying my eyes out. Everything was going wrong. He said he had 1 room just for that night available and he would help me get to the other riad I booked in the morning. After he walked me to my room everything just got better. He offered me tea and cookies and gave me all the info on the area. It was so peaceful and beautiful and he made me a delicious dinner for 20€. A little pricey but well worth it at the time. I slept very well and the next day there was a delicious breakfast waiting for me and he helped me get to my other riad. Even after I was gone he called my other riad to tell them that the airline found my luggage. Sorry to give you my whole first day experience in detail. What I'm trying to say is that the hospitality here made a horrible day I thought there was no coming back from into a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad l'Oiseau du Paradis? Share your experiences!