“Welcoming, stylishly comfy resort earning top marks for it's delectable cuisine and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea

You added Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea to your Saves list
Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Douer Ouled Benrrahmoun | El Bour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #293 of 470 Hotels in Marrakech
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2010

Ryad Park and Spa is a stylishly modern moorish influenced complex, located less than 30 mins drive outside of Marrakesh. Our 4 day stay was intended as a minimum activity maximum rest break, and Ryad Park and Spa served as the perfect place for this approach.

Granted this isn't high season anyway, so naturally the tranquility was to be expected, which suited us perfectly.

On our arrival the hotel's grand entrance promised much and we were pleased to find that although the rooms were fairly simply adorned, the grand theme was continued in a somewhat stylishly understated finish. From our balcony we had an expansive view of most of the complex including views beyond the bounding walls to the very distant horizon.

Our first meal was a memorably tasty introduction to Morroccan/French cuisine. While I can still savour the chicken, meat and fish variations we enjoyed I have to admit I am unable to recount the menu in name. Believe me it was food heaven, made even more indulging by the mouthwatering deserts on offer. We are currently trying to lose the extra weight gained.

We gave in to the sauna and swim while my wife went even further with a massage.
Again the time of year meant that things were quiet, so it afforded us the opportunity to dream that it all belonged to just us.

As an all inclusive with drinks included, this has to be some of the most well spent money. The experience and service were stars above the cost and the extremely friendly and curteous staff made us feel like very special guests.

We would recommend to anyone, though families with junior age to teen children may find there is little activity for them. I believe there is a games room which if so, I'm sure would be fully kitted out, as this place is so well equipped. Worth checking this out.

We will definitely be visiting Ryad Parc and Spa again. Certainly allows for brushing up on our French.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

We went in a group of 14... 3 x families of 4 (primary aged children) and a couple. The adults were all late 30's early 40's apart from the couple who were 20's. The room was very acceptable, it was clean and spacious enough. It had a separate master bedroom with a connecting door, so adults do not have to sleep with the kids!!!! The beds and pillows were very very firm, so I did not think they were comfortable, but each to their own. The bathroom was very nice and there was powerful very hot water which was nice (Beware with young children), bath and shower over the bath with curtain. During our week long stay, sadly the weather was awful, so that spoilt the holiday. There is obviously no central heating so we were really quite cold a lot of the time (the hot bath every afternoon was very welcome). The television in the room only receives French channels. The patio doors were in the room with the children’s beds which made me a little uncomfortable as they didn't look terribly secure, I would have preferred them to be off the master bedroom. There is a fridge in the room (not a mini bar as described) but it is great as we took several bottles of decent wine in case the wine there was below par (it was drinkable at best).
As it was very early on in the year, there were not many people there and the snack bar was not open, neither was the indoor pool. There is a gym (I didn't personally see it, but my husband said it was ok).

The food was reasonably good, depending on your tastes; I would say it was of average to good quality and variety. It was buffet style.

The staff all spoke French and although may the effort to communicate in English, they really did struggle!!

The attitude of the staff varied widely, some were very helpful and made an effort with the children, others were quite grumpy to be frank.

The pool looked really lovely, but was far too cold for me to explore. There was also some work going on on a 2nd pool which required the use of power tools.

There was a number of sporty areas, small football pitch, basket ball area, a sand filled decent sized volley ball area and a boules area.

The whole complex was spacious with nice indoor lounge areas, although the bar was very dark and we spent a lot of time indoors due to the weather.

We did have a problem from the outset with the bar manager as a couple of the men folk in our group on our 1st day were drinking more beer that the bar manager though was acceptable (even though it was supposed to be all inclusive), so he started introducing silly rules like you can only get one drink at a time and can't therefore get a 'round in' meaning the wives also had to go up to get their drink!! The beer also 'ran out' twice!!!!This ensured an undesirable atmosphere between us and the bar staff, who were under strict instructions and not themselves to blame. Luckily for me the wine was no so great so I drank my own anyway and did not encounter the bar manager myself. The beer, I believe was reasonable.

Overall, I would say that had the weather been nice, we would have had a great time and we can't blame the hotel for that. I personally don't think Ill go all inclusive again, it's not my cup of tea ( the tea was atrocious).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

This hotel was formally 'The Blue Bay' so check out other reviews under this name.

When we booked the holiday through Thomas Cook, we were on a budget and it looked like a great deal - Half board, flights and 4 star accomodation in Marrakech for 2 people under £650 for 7 nights.
We were not disapointed...for the money the accomodation was pleasant and clean with a balcony and pool view although no tea or coffee facilities in room or minibar.
The breakfast /evening meal was a buffet selection of typically hot and cold french/morroccan food and we enjoyed our meals there. I particularly liked the waiting staff who served the evening meal -friendly, accomodating and made an effort to speak english!
The quirks are that this is mostly a french resort with french speaking staff and entertainment and visited by few tourists from the UK....when we checked in we had little communication on arrival from the hotel or Thomas Cook on general information or the hotels facilities.
The pool area looked lovely however due to maintance work it was too noisy to enjoy it - this was january and it was low season so i let this go, however when the sun appeared i did feel a bit disapointed!
We visited the spa and enjoyed half a day of relaxing treatments, the rassoul and massage were lovely however the manicure and pedicure were very basic.
There is aso a regular bus that takes you into the centre, not free -20dh for a return ticket per person.
No real issues though, you get what you pay for and overall we had a quiet and relaxing stay, it does feel like a haven on return from the madness of marrakech town!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
West Sussex
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

I shall start with the good points first.
The food at the hotel is wonderful , there is certainly food to cover all tastes and the staff were very efficient and friendly. The hotel was clean and all areas are very spacious.
We had a massage which was okay but not the best.If you want a relaxing time then the location of the hotel is perfect as its about 30mins outside of the city center of Marrakech.
Bad points , the rating of the hotel does not apply to the bathroom , one wall of the bathroom was covered with black mould , i had to clean the wall off to make it presentable.English is not widely spoken by the staff so communication is very difficult and impossible if there are problems(but as i do not speak french then this is my fault)
All of the entertainment is in french . The all inclusive is not what i have had in the past from previous hotels , so beware.
Overall we had a good time but would not go back

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

nice and quit hotel outside marrakech but the service and staff are horrible ...specialy front desk and restaurant ,,,,

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

I have never written on here before but after reading some untrue reviews I thought I would write my own. Apologies for the length of the review but I want to cover all important areas:

I was part of a group of 8 work colleagues going away on a well earned incentive break for 4 nights.

I booked the flights via Easyjet, flying from Gatwich direct to Marrakach. The flight took just over 3 hours. I booked the hotel via alpharooms, booking 3 twin rooms, and 2 double rooms (for single occupancy) on all inclusive basis. We got superior rooms.

Inside the airport you can change your UK £ or Euro's into the local currency. UK £'s get a better rate. At the time I travelled it was just under 13DM to the £ or just under 11DM to the Euro. PLEASE NOTE: When you return to the airport get rid of all your local currency at the currency exchange BEFORE you go through security. There is limited use for them in the departure lounge, the Duty Free shops only take £ sterling, Euro's or plastic! All prices are in Euro's. Limited food shops will take your odd few dirhams.

Taxis were easy to find outside the airport and pay no more than 250DM per taxi for a one way journey from the airport. Be prepared to get white knuckles as the taxi ride is fairly hairy at times!!

On arrival at the hotel is out of the way of the main town which is actually nice for a relaxing break. Arrival was very speedy and we were soon checked in. All of the staff without exception spoke English, some in more depth than others, but all attempted English.

The hotel is a French Thomas Cook Village resort so do expect the majority of guests to be French, expect the staff to speak mainly French, and expect most of the evening entertainment to be in French. HOWEVER the animation team of Ahmed, MoMo, Navine, and the others will get you involved and will talk to you in English.

The room was spacious with lovely balconies, a TV (only English channel was BBC World News, but that did not bother us), a mini bar (turned on but empty.get water after dinner and store it in your room), 2 large single beds, and a very clean bathroom with bath and shower over it, 2 sinks, toilet and bidet. All towels are provided. There are no tea and coffee facilities but you can always find somewhere for tea or coffee around the hotel. The rooms are in blocks (ryads) or approx 18 rooms per block with a courtyard on the inside of each block.

The pool area is great, with 3 pools, a main pool, childrens pool, and leisure pool (chest height , ideal for water polo and water aerobics). It is a little chilly at first but get your shoulders under and its quite nice. There are plenty of loungers so need to wake up at 6am and get your towel out!! To use the pool towels you will need to buy a towel card from reception for 100DM (approx £9.50) although you get this refunded on your last day when you hand your towel card back in. There is a snack bar by the pool. Even if on all inclusive the snacks are charged, approx £5 for burger and chips. All drinks are free on the all inclusive inc freshly ground coffee. They do not hold back on the alcohol so be careful, you may wish to ask for half measures, which is still a double!). There are about 4 different activities a day in and around the pool inc water aerobics, water polo, boules, beach volleyball, step aerobics etc. There is an area at the back of the resort where there is a basketball court, beach volleyball court, and 4 french boules courts. There are also tennis courts and a spa (inc gym) at the front of the hotel.

The food at the hotel is great, although sometimes the food is a little cool. There is plenty of choice. Breakfast is fairly french with lots of pastries, french stick, croissants, jam, cereals etc. Although you may find eggs, spicy sausages and tomatoes. Lunch and dinner offer mainly moroccan dishes with meat balls, lamb, and chicken.

The hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the centre of Morocco. The times are on reception. Note: you need to walk to the end of the drive and wait outside the gate for the bus. Do not wait outside the hotel or you will miss it. You can go by yourself at approx 150DM for a taxi each way. The courtesy coach does not drop you off right outside the market area, you need to walk approx 15 mins to get there. WHat an eye opener!! Be prepared to haggle lots, and don't expect to get any super deals. It is quite expensive and they do not come running after you if you walk off whilst haggling. It is difficult buying alcohol in any bar in the centre for religious reasons. Eat on a local food store, a great experience.

Overall a fab trip. Lovely weather, approx 32oC and no rain. The hotel was spacious and clean. The staff do speak English. Good food, and drink a plenty. A very relaxing stay. I would go again. Get yourself booked.......................

• Stayed May 2009
Sunningdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

This hotel is fantastic. It's clean and tidy and everyone is as helpful as possible. The selection of food available was excellent, always well prepared and plentiful.

Even though we had not booked as part of a package, we were always invited to the entertainment provided by the animations team.

There is a free shuttle bus from the hotel into town and back, although the times are very limited and staggered. We actually used Taxis most of the time, and I didn't pay more than 150 dirham each way. The taxi rides were an experience, but i'll leave that to you to find out. Oh, watch the roads, they don't stop if you're crossing!!

All the information in the hotel is in French and everyone in the hotel (and Marrakech) speak French and Arabic, very little English. The reception staff try their best and with their little English and my limited French, we managed to get by. The people in the towns have picked up some Enlighs phrases, like "asda price" and "very cheap"

This hotel offers wifi at a responable price although making calls is 4 euro per minute to the UK! (cost me 2000 dirham for a call to vodafone to sort out my mobile). The Spa has some lovely facilities at resonable prices.

The weather was around 28 - 30 celcius.

If you like horse riding, visit Kasbah Agafay, it's about 30-40 minutes outside Marrakech. Our taxi cost 600 dirham, there and back and included him waiting for us for about 2.5 hours whilst we rode. The ride itself was fantastic, excellent views and lovely well kept horses. They have an array of hats and chaps. The guy who runs the stables is lovely, although again very little English, but he will take care of you. Don't be scared on your journey to the stable! You'll see what I mean if you go. (On our return journey our taxi driver stopped to pick up and tortoise that was in the middle of the road, he was taking him home.)

Many of the cash machines do not take maestro cards, even if they say they do, so you may have to hunt around for one that will take your card.

I have some photos that I will put on soon.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea? Share your experiences!