“DO NOT STAY HERE! THIEFS OPERATE IN THIS AREA!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea

You added Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea to your Saves list
Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Douer Ouled Benrrahmoun | El Bour, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #298 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Brighton
“DO NOT STAY HERE! THIEFS OPERATE IN THIS AREA!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for" and I've never written a review or complained before in my life but if I have one good deed for today it will be to stop people going here! We arrived at the hotel to non English speaking staff which isn't a problem until you have a 'problem' which we had numerous of! Our bed was covered in ants so decided to move to a first floor room to avoid this problem! We started to settle once we had moved rooms however after spending the day at the pool we come back to the room to find my girlfriends watch missing from the bedside table draw! It can only have been the cleaners as no one else has keys to the rooms! Secondly, our towels were stolen by the pool when we left them to go to lunch on day two! I mean, who steals towels? We actually found this funny as it was so ridiculous! This ruined the holiday and it was only day two! Long reviews are boring so here is a list of many other things wrong with the hotel! Food = terrible (raw chicken), French speakers treated like royalty, English speakers may well as be dogs! Showers in rooms are awful, air con doesn't work, creepy crawlies everywhere (I know it's hard to avoid but the rooms should be clear from them)! It's also not all inclusive! Please please please do not waste your money going here because you may find a bargain turn into something very expensive replacing your belongings!

• Stayed July 2014
Wydad M, Responsable commercial at Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear,
We always Endeavour to fulfill the wishes and expectations of our guests, and to maintain the highest standards throughout our
services and facilities. Therefore our guests’ feed-back is vital and much appreciated. Being aware of your preferences helps us to
improve our service and broadens the hotel’s capability to make our guest’s feel at home and make their stay pleasant and enjoyable.

Please rest assured that I take your observations very seriously and will organize a meeting with the staff involved to see what measures
Could be implemented in order to improve the quality of our service and to make the necessary changes in order to warrant our guests a
Comfortable stay in our hotel.

We would be very honored to welcome you again in Marrakech at the Blue Sea Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa sometime in the future.

Saïd Bahia
E-Commerce Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I do not understand why people complain about this hotel. I loved it - very good food, the staff speak English, very friendly, clean rooms and hotel, the only downside is the 20 minutes from the center but almost every hour runs free air-conditioned bus. Plus - sauna and 30 minutes free massage ..... a great holiday

Room Tip: family room close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wydad M, Responsable commercial at Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear guest,

It is such a great pleasure to read that your stay at Blue Sea Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa gave you full satisfaction.

Thank you for letting us knows of your experience, we appreciate your feedback and your time.

We hope that your visit will be soon followed by a new holiday..

With Kind regards,

Said Bahia
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Went to this hotel for 10 days all inclusive clean spacious rooms with air conditioning, great deal food is lovely staff are lovely especially the animation team and bar staff, Anime, Nina, Memoun the Photographer just to name a few but all where really nice just cant remember all the names, all inclusive till from 8.00 till 23.00,but alcohol can be purchased after 23.00 cheap enough music stays on in the bar till whenever you decide to go to bed :) this hotel is not very close to the centre (20 mins) but there is a free bus shuttle every couple of hours from the hotel for free, the town is crazy at night full of people restaurants,shops and touristic stuff and also got a free massage in the spa lovely woman wish i could remember her name i would definitely go back again i made alot of new friends here. Pool is beautiful, free wifi in reception and pool bar. Really enjoyed our stay. Thanks to all the staff for making our holiday so good,

Room Tip: Their was 3 of us on this holiday we got a family room near the pool was prefect
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear client,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reviewing our property.

We are delighted to learn that your overall experience at Blue Sea Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa**** was so pleasant. Your kind comments will be shared among our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you soon again,

Bahia Said
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel was in the middle of nowhere, the people were miserable and only catered for French speaking people. Me and my boyfriend felt like we didn't even exist because all the staff wanted to make their French speaking guests more welcomed. When we arrived we were asked to pay taxes which was fine but be aware that you will need to pay. Food is bloody awful, with the amount of guest this hotel caters for the variety was awful. If you don't like olives don't come here!! Rooms are basic and if you are lucky you will get a room where the air con actually works. We were rudely awoken at 7am with the workers drumming drums and banging on doors because it was the end if Ramadan. I'm sorry but they know their guests aren't Muslim so shouldn't be doing this. We come here to relax and be on holiday not be subjected to heckling and people banging on drums. All the stuff need some life injected into them - they failed to smile and engage with ALL guests... Again just entertaining the French speaking guests. If they want this hotel for French speaking guests only then don't advertise in other counties. Honestly this trip was so poor, the only good thing was the pool... Then towards the end of our trip (last three days) they decided to tell us that we had to start paying for drinks at breakfast and dinner even though for the first 10 days we have been having drinks at breakfast and dinner included!! Staff are rude, food sucks and so does the room! Do not come to this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wydad M, Responsable commercial at Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear ,

Thank you for taking your time to post your serious comments about our hotel and share your experience on Trip advisor.

We are sorry to know that a part of service or equipments didn’t achieve some level of your expectation. We are regretted for the unsatisfactory situation that you met, and we promise that the service doesn’t represent the normal quality in our hotel.
We still hope to give you a warm reception once again for your next stay in Marrakech.

Best regards,

Bahia Saïd
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week. It is a beautiful hotel with an impressive lobby and stunning views of the atlas mountains. It is about a 20 minute drive from Marrakech. Like all hotels in Morocco, a surcharge is expected upon check in and the safes are extra. Neither were expensive, but something you need to factor in to your budget. All the staff we encountered were friendly, but the language barrier was troublesome at times. The majority of the staff and guests were French, although most did speak English to varying degrees. The food was great, varied and catered for every taste. Their was plenty of choice, from traditional tagines and couscous to more western dishes. Their is a couple of small gift shops, a decent sized bar (although some alcohol is at an extra charge) and a lovely spa where we both enjoyed a massage. It is definately a hotel I would recommend, although we both agreed that a week was long enough. However, this was partly due to the heat - it reached 48 degrees during our visit!

TIPS -
Pack plenty of high factor sunscreen, your going to need it!
Bring a watch or clock, none of the rooms have one!
Read up on French phrases before you go, it'll come in handy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I am a 29 year old female that travelled alone and have just arrived home after a week there. I thought the food was fab, the staff were very friendly (although I lost count of the amount of staff that were a little amorous towards me but never threatening in any way). I was surprised that the staff speak very little English and taxi drivers, etc spoke better English. On arrival I had to convince the guy at reception that I was alone and he could not seem to get his head round it! There was nobody to show me to my room and I finally got someone (who I later found out was one of the animation team) to show me to my room. I was a little disappointed that there was no water in the room on arrival, but the room itself was clean, tidy and quite nice. There was a quiz one evening but it was all in French. The animation team are fab and and have so much energy! All inclusive drinks stop at 11pm. Wasps are a big problem around by the pool! Wifi in reception good. Lots of bird poo on my balcony and a pigeon nesting on the outside of the bathroom windowsill. But overall really enjoyed myself and had a lovely relaxing week with plenty of sunshine.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
bedfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We were pretty excited about visiting the Marrakech Ryads Parc & SPA as most of the reviews seemed ok and the hotel looked lovely!

We arrived on a Sunday evening and reception staff showed us to our room which was pretty nice apart from our door not locking from the inside. Not a major thing though.

Decided we would get the key to the safe so we could sort our stuff out and start our holiday! Went over to reception on the Sunday eve to ask for they key where we were told there wasn't one and to come back in the morning and if they can't find the key we could change rooms. It was more like the bloke on reception couldn't be bothered to sort it out. Went back the next morning where I had to explain the whole thing again about the key to a new man. He told us to go back in 10 minutes and it would be sorted. So we went for breakfast and decided amongst ourselves that it was probably better to pack up our staff and head to reception and just get a new room as the key was obviously lost.

So, went back down with our cases where we were told a further 10 mins to sort it out, so we sat in reception using the free wifi and waited!
After half an hour my boyfriend asked how much longer it would take when he was told another hour! This was ridiculous! We had to demand the safe being fixed or a new room there and then as we had by this point waisted a morning!! They then said to go back to our room and await an engineer who was going to meet us there instantly. You guessed it, he didn't come! 2 phone calls to reception eing told he's on his way and 40 minutes later, nothing so we went down to the pool and decided to sort out later. It was eventually sorted out around lunch time!! Clearly they couldn't be bothered!

Food:
In the buffet restaurant were there was a wide variety of food, with 2 live stations cooking food in front of you, and located at the opposite side was a stone baked pizza oven! Food generally ok, salads, pasta etc. Did find that the left over lunch was served slightly different at dinner most eves. Ordered a pizza which was lovely, and decided to have another one few nights later, big mistake!! The boy on there clearly didn't know how to make pizzas! Raw chick was put on my pizza and put in the pizza oven, and literally no less than 5 minutes later he pulled it out sliced it up and gave it to me! With the chicken still looking very much raw! When I questioned he huffed and put it back in the oven, again only for a few minutes then when removing he kind of lost half of it, then next thing you k ow he's managed to burn the pizza oven!! So just make sure your foods thoroughly cooked!!

No beers in the buffet restaurant, and no diet drinks as part of all inclusive! They wanted to charge 20 dirums per can of diet drink!!

Pool area was great, very big!

Entertainment focused around the French. Quiz night purely for them!! Evenings dire with nothing to do and because your half hour out its a bit far to venture into marrakech itself!

All in all I would probably not suggest you staying here unless you dont mind boring evenings and lazing by the pool in the day! And reception staff that can't be bothered to help!

And to top it off I caught a serious infection flew home poorly and ended up in my local a&e on a drip!

Stick to proper 4*/5* if you want luxury I'd say this was no more than 3*.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa by Blue Sea? Share your experiences!