“It Was Average” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Douer Ouled Benrrahmoun | El Bour, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #285 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
“It Was Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went here with my family and we got here pretty late into the night the weather was a hit in our faces as it was freezing in the UK and boiling hot in Morocco. The language is a big blunder and it was very difficult for us to communicate especially when it was really needed. The room we got was very far away it was like a 20-25 min walk to the actual lobby and eating area. The rooms were pretty boring so if for you this is a holiday where your not going to go out much. Dont choose it. Because the rooms are not even close to entertainment, I'm talking to british people here. We all like our telly and well there is literally nothing here apart from the bbc international news 'or thats what i think its called' The bathroom was spectacular. It was clean, bright nice and modern. I loved it to be truthful it was better than the actual room. The swimming pool was one of the highlights for me its cool but warm and its just amazing fun, theres also workouts and fun games to get into if you like. No one forces you to do anything. Which is a good thing. The Jemmah El Fenah was one experience which i'll never forget its busy fun bright theres soo much to do. I went there the 3rd day 0of the holiday in the day i came back at 7 slept and ate a little and at 9 i went there again it's brilliant. Theres snake charmers lots of places to eat. A lot of activites are going on but be a little wary because if you take a picture of an act or someone doing something they will literally chase you until they get money out of you for taking their picture. My silly dad gave some money to a poor person but did it really loudly. And well everyone chased him it was really bad. Theres all types of food and it was lovley. The was alot of fish places and I didnt like them at all to be honest. BUt everyone likes different things.

There was a sort of beauty parlour which me and my mum spent literally a full day morning till night it was a lot of fun they were all polite and we made new friends. I cant remember the name so ovbiously this isnt going to be helpful..but i stil wanted to let all the people know.

Also we had an experince me and my mum we went to a massage place where all the women were naked my mother and i didnt know what to do laugh or run the hell out of there, haha it was really awesome anyway back to the hotel there was this one person who felt like family to us we made such a bond but sadly we didnt have his name oor anything else because we nicknamed him ourself aha.

The breakfast was delicious and the orange juice was very refreshing. loved it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

From the email booking confirmation to ordering us the last taxi back to the airport our experience was amazing. The food was extremely varied appearing to cater for all tastes and very, very tasty. The staff were brilliant, polite, helpful and charming. Bedrooms were large and spacious and the bed, we struggled getting out in the morning. Finally the views were stunning, the architecture in itself is breathtaking but sitting therein the sun, with a glass of wine, looking at the snow topped Atlas mountains is something else. Yes, it is 20 minutes outside of Marrakesh but, the shuttle bus more than makes up for it. A must is also to spend time in the Spa. Two things I would change firstly, go at the beginning of February and secondly, I would choose a room on the left side as you go down towards the pool (you get more sun). But thank you to all at Marrakech Ryads Parc and Spa for a fab' stay!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the left side looking down towards the pool get more sunshine.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed in this hotel back in May, two of us on a girly holiday. Initially when we arrived we got a taxi to the hotel, however we did not anticipate how far out the hotel really was. It really is in the middle of no where, which if you dont already know can be quite an experience!
When we got to the hotel we realised everyone spoke french, except us. Our room itself was lovely and we couldnt fault it. We were told on our first day we were the only english there, and when going to dinner on an occasion the door staff greeted us with a smile, and when we replied in attempted french they turned their backs and said "urgh English". The entertainment team were however so friendly and would always come up to us with their best English and made us feel a bit more welcome.
We also suffered very badly with illness, I know you do have to be careful but we did only eat in the hotel, and when we were still both having to seek regular hospital treatment 4 months after our visit it didnt leave us with a fab view of the hotel.
Marrakech is definitely somewhere that must be visited and outside of the hotel our holiday was amazing, but I would really recommend somewhere more central and just somewhere different generally!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Headley, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Fair few problems with this hotel. However, I will start with the plus points. Pool is lovely with plenty of shades and both sunbeds and chairs. All spotlessly clean. Our 2nd room was a family room so therefore had a single room and a double with balcony. Balcony furniture very uncomfortable and only had 2 chairs (it was a room designed for 4 persons). Clean but double bed was like sleeping on a block of concrete! None of the bedside lights worked but there was a small fridge to keep soft drinks cool. Bathroom was again clean and spacious.
All inclusive drinks were fine but limited choice, however, the wine was good and we even managed to get it by the bottle in the restaurant. Breakfast and lunch there was a good choice and normally someone cooking a special dish. Dinner was however, recycled food from lunchtime and not so good.

We had booked junior suites, when shown to our ryads, Mimosa, our rooms were the standard ones so when we complained at reception, we were told as we were a group of girls, the juniior suites only had double beds and we required twins. After much discussion (using our best French!) we were given family rooms in the same ryad. My friend and I could not get our key card to work and after one and a half hours of them trying different cards, they gave up and gave us a proper key (why they couldnt do this earlier is beyond me) standing in swimming gear from 6.30pm for them to sort out is not a good start to a holiday.

We found the reception staff (not all) very unhelpful, even having booked a taxi to take us back to the airport (and I wrote it down so there would be no confusion) when it had not turned up I checked at reception to find it had been booked for 8.50am and not 8.15am. Therefore it was a bit of a panic getting to the airport on time.

Like other reviews, this hotel is in the middle of nowhere but we found the shuttle bus useful and the taxis very reasonable for getting into the centre of Marrakech.

We as a group do a long weekend trip a couple of times a year and would normally stay 5 star all inclusive, there were no deals in 5 star hotels which is why we chose this, I would say that this is more a 2 - 3 star hotel.

Nicest part - pool area and gardens

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Cheshire UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

I dont know where to strart... We paid for transfers from the airport to the hotel but when we got there the driver started demanding money from us. We were shown to our room eventually and it was a good size but incredibly dirty. There was what only could of been human faeces "sprayed" up the wall next to the toilet. The sink plug was broken so we couldnt drain the water from it. The shower head was falling off the wall and there was mould growing along the edges of the bath.

The only light bulbs that worked were the ones in the bathroom. The only light we had in the rest of the room was from a small bedside lamp. Only one electrical plug worked in the whole room and that was the one the lamp was plugged into !

The floor was dusty / dirty... the cleaning consisted of picking up a duvet cover from the floor that fell from the bed and stocking up on toilet roll.

The swimming pool was a good size - granted. But you shared it with strange little creatures swimming in it and you shared it with the frogs and toads at night.

They have a pigeon infestation problem... they are everywhere. Hence alot of bird dropping all over the place. They also constantly drank the water from the pool so there was also droppings all over the edge of the pool area.

All of the sun loungers, chairs and umberellas were ripped, broken or generally torn. Often with sharp edges or screws sticking out.

No one spoke English at all... its French or nothing ! So any problems you have will not be resolved as they will just shrug their shoulders at you or just generally ignore you as everyone was incredibly rude. Just plain bad manners all round.

Drink choice is limited at the bar really unless you want to put your hand in your pocket so the All Inclusive deal isnt really worth doing. Drinks are not free after 11pm at night either and the snack bar isnt included in the All Inclusive deal either.

The main problem is the food / restaurant. The food hygiene, storage and tempreture control is disgusting. Cross contamination is rife. They recycle food all the time.

My partner and I became severely ill by the second day we were there. I had to have the on call doctor in the middle of the night. I had food poisoning. A lovely combination of Diarrhoea, Severe Stomach Pain, Fever/Chills, Dehydration and weight loss ! (9lbs lost in 7 days.)
They should advertise that they have perfected the art on non invasive colonic irrigation.
Ended up on 5 different medications for the duration of the holiday. 3 of these had to be diluted and drank. This proved difficult as they do not allow you to remove drinks from the restaurant. You had to sneak it out as best you could. We watched why they do this and they return left over drinks to the bar to be served to the next person.

When back in the UK tests confirmed food poisoning, Vibrio Parahaemolyticus - cousin to Cholera. Picked it up from probably fish and/or contaminated water.

We are still both having treatment for it now some 5 weeks on. I am not allowed to work because of my role with the NHS until I get the all clear. So now struggling financially.

Please please stay away !!!

Room Tip: If you want a decent room and a good nights sleep then stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Totally agree with Melissa R you've summed it up very well. We stayed at this hotel on the 26/08/12 for 1 week(family of four). If you don't speak French stay clear or else you will be disappointed. When we got there my son (7 years old) was told he couldn't participate in the mini club activities as we didn't book our holidays with nouvelle franchise.

Food seemed to have been recycled, all four us suffered from severe diarhea

On our last day one of the receptionist had a argument with a customer right in front of other guests (shouting and yelling at the top of her voice) so much for customer care!.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Location: I stayed at this hotel with 5 friends for one week. Firstly, this hotel is further out than I thought (20-30 mins from the medina) - literally in the middle of nowhere. You can not take a walk to a local shop, its literally a thing where you stay in the hotel or catch the shuttle bus or taxi. Taxi cost about 150dh during the day 200dh at night. By the way the shuttle bus drops you off in the middle of nowhere half way between the medina and new city. So you got to walk or catch a taxi from there, taxi about 40dh.

Food: When you go on an all inclusive holiday you expect good food and this was just not good at all. The only thing I enjoyed was the omelette in the morning and melons after dinner. I don't know if it was because it was ramadan but the chef was just not cooking to a good standard using fish seasoning on chicken kebabs. Tasted traditional Moroccan food in London and I was seriously disappointed. Also I advice you to take the bottle waters at lunch and store them in the fridge. Finally, some of my friend had stomach pains but one of my friend got really sick had to call out a doctor cost 750dh overall, which the doctor diagnosed her as having stomach flu. I would advise to bring diarrhea tablets.

Hotel: French speaking hotel with very basic english. The spa was nothing special, had a massage it was over so quickly and masseuse left me in the room until the receptionist notified me the massage was infact over. Beautiful hotel & rooms, lovely pools, day time activitites, evening entertainment all in french, the bar is a joke - poor drinks choice.

Nightlife: I would suggest visiting the new city where bars such as le comptier, silver is located nice drinks and entertainment. Some bars were closed due to it being ramadan. The medina was a good experience spent most of my time haggling down prices, took a small tour around Marrakech on a horse & cart for about 120dh.

Overall: If they at least had good food I could deal with the location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Sea Hotel Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa? Share your experiences!