I dont know where to strart... We paid for transfers from the airport to the hotel but when we got there the driver started demanding money from us. We were shown to our room eventually and it was a good size but incredibly dirty. There was what only could of been human faeces "sprayed" up the wall next to the toilet. The sink plug was broken so we couldnt drain the water from it. The shower head was falling off the wall and there was mould growing along the edges of the bath.
The only light bulbs that worked were the ones in the bathroom. The only light we had in the rest of the room was from a small bedside lamp. Only one electrical plug worked in the whole room and that was the one the lamp was plugged into !
The floor was dusty / dirty... the cleaning consisted of picking up a duvet cover from the floor that fell from the bed and stocking up on toilet roll.
The swimming pool was a good size - granted. But you shared it with strange little creatures swimming in it and you shared it with the frogs and toads at night.
They have a pigeon infestation problem... they are everywhere. Hence alot of bird dropping all over the place. They also constantly drank the water from the pool so there was also droppings all over the edge of the pool area.
All of the sun loungers, chairs and umberellas were ripped, broken or generally torn. Often with sharp edges or screws sticking out.
No one spoke English at all... its French or nothing ! So any problems you have will not be resolved as they will just shrug their shoulders at you or just generally ignore you as everyone was incredibly rude. Just plain bad manners all round.
Drink choice is limited at the bar really unless you want to put your hand in your pocket so the All Inclusive deal isnt really worth doing. Drinks are not free after 11pm at night either and the snack bar isnt included in the All Inclusive deal either.
The main problem is the food / restaurant. The food hygiene, storage and tempreture control is disgusting. Cross contamination is rife. They recycle food all the time.
My partner and I became severely ill by the second day we were there. I had to have the on call doctor in the middle of the night. I had food poisoning. A lovely combination of Diarrhoea, Severe Stomach Pain, Fever/Chills, Dehydration and weight loss ! (9lbs lost in 7 days.)
They should advertise that they have perfected the art on non invasive colonic irrigation.
Ended up on 5 different medications for the duration of the holiday. 3 of these had to be diluted and drank. This proved difficult as they do not allow you to remove drinks from the restaurant. You had to sneak it out as best you could. We watched why they do this and they return left over drinks to the bar to be served to the next person.
When back in the UK tests confirmed food poisoning, Vibrio Parahaemolyticus - cousin to Cholera. Picked it up from probably fish and/or contaminated water.
We are still both having treatment for it now some 5 weeks on. I am not allowed to work because of my role with the NHS until I get the all clear. So now struggling financially.
Please please stay away !!!
- Also Known As:
- Marrakech Ryads Parc Hotel
- Marrakech Ryads Parc Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situe a proximite de la legendaire palmeraie de Marrakech, et du nouveau luxueux stade de football. Le Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa****beneficie d'une situation privilegiee dans un lieu paisible offrant a ses hotes un panorama de reve aux pieds des merveilleuses montagnes de l'Atlas. Le Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa****, tres bien desservi avec acces facile aux attractions touristiques de la ville ocre tels que la fameuse place de Jemaa El fna, le golf de la palmeraie, les jardins Majorelle, etc.... Et pour ce faire, des navettes (hotel - Centre ville - hotel) sont mises a votre disposition. Le Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa, un veritable quatre etoiles de luxe se substitue a un havre de paix disposant de magnifiques jardins (sur 10 hectares), de 01 piscine exterieure de 1200 m², 02 courts de tennis, 01 terrain de mini foot, 01 terrain de Beach volley, 01 terrain de basketball et d'un sublime centre de bien etre construit sur 1400 m² comprenant (salles de soins, massages, sauna, Hammam, salon de coiffure, piscine jacuzzi, salle de Fitness). Le Marrakech Ryads Parc & Spa avec ses 260 chambres reparties sur 13 riads de 20 chambres toutes equipees d'une salle de bain avec baignoire, toilettes separees, seche cheveux, climatisation, coffre fort, TV par satellite, Mini Bar. Elles possedent toutes soit une terrasse ou un balcon. L'harmonie, les couleurs vous seduiront et vous feront apprecier votre sejour. La localisation de cet hotel ainsi que l'accueil qui vous y sera reserve feront de votre passage une etape ideale pour votre sejour touristique, votre deplacement professionnel, votre reunion de travail ou pour votre week-end en famille. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelBookers, Tingo, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marrakech Ryads Parc and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.