“Great time with beautiful people!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Berber Cultural Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Berber Cultural Center
Boulaoune | Imi n Tanout, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #34 of 182 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
Madrid
“Great time with beautiful people!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Words can't describe how wonderful my stay at Mohamed’s had been! Mohamed, his family and friends had been such a comfort and joy to me and my friend Hyojung all the six plus days they had been with us. We did many fun things together such as cooking Tarjine, making bread and yummy almond butter, hiking through beautiful trails, visiting an more elementary school and shopping at the local market, etc. It was the most relaxing and pleasant time we had in our journey, and we are truly grateful for what they had done for us! Two thumbs up for their great hospitality and generosity; I strongly recommend anyone to go there and taste a real Berber life with these wonderful people. Special thanks to Khalid who were with us all the time and never without a gentle smile on his face :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

During my stay in the Berber Cultural Center I really enjoyed the time spent their. Walks through the mountains, picnic underneath olive trees, local dishes...that is just a small part of what awaits you if you visit BCC. I stayed there for two weeks in September and would honestly recommend it to anyone looking for a real experience of Berber life. You wont regret it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment you step through the door you feel you are home, the house and the family are filled with laughter and love.
It is a great place to relax from the pace of life, there is no WIFI so you can switch your devices off and rediscover the joys of playing cards, listening to live music and chatting. We only stayed 2 nights but wish we had more time there

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at the Berber Cultural Centre for 2 weeks in July 2012 and I had the most incredible time. Mohamed and his family were so lovely and welcoming. They really work hard to integrate you into their community and make you feel at home. I was taught how to cook Moroccan dishes and mint tea. One day we went for a hike for the whole day up a mountain which was amazing. We learned so much about their culture and religion and they were more than happy to answer any questions about it. I recommend this place to everyone!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Our stay at the Anir Berber Cultural Center was the highlight of our trip. From the moment we arrived, Mohammed and his family welcomed us with open arms. My 12 year old played soccer with Anir and my daughters and I helped make dinner. The fun, however, was only beginnning. Khalid showed us how to properly make mint tea and then came the tea making contest. We all made our own pot and then through a blind taste test - they crowned the winner! After dinner, we sat up playing cards with our new friends until the wee hours of the morning. They were incredible with my teenage kids - they taught them some of their language and just shared who they were. We were up early to make bread for breakfast and then off for an amazing walk through the village. My kids were especially interested in getting to see the school and where the village kids played. When we got back to the center, we broke up into teams. Khalid took the guys, with the donkey, to get water from the well and they girls made tagine with Fatima and bread (in the outdoor, rock oven) with Hafida. It was truly an experience our family will never forget and the only way to truly experience Morocco!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
capitola,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

Went to the Berber Cultural Center as part of our small tour. We spent 3 nights enjoying the center. Mohammad, his family and staff could not have been more hospitable. If you are looking for a unique way spend some time in Morocco, this is the place. Learning how to cook, bake bread, gather water from the well and make tea will provide memories that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I can't praise this place enough! It was the highlight of my trip, I enjoyed it so much I went back. The family are so welcoming and offer a true experience of Berber life. The facilities are good and it's good value for money, they even threw in a guided trip up the Atlas Mountains for free. I will never forget my time spent there, definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Berber Cultural Center? Share your experiences!