“Beautiful riad, centrally located but don't recommend the spa” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad & Spa Mabrouk

Save Saved
You added Riad & Spa Mabrouk to your Saves list
Riad & Spa Mabrouk
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Rue Bani Marine | à côté de cinema mabrouka, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #51 of 185 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
Bath, United Kingdom
“Beautiful riad, centrally located but don't recommend the spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is the best location for any Riad in Marrakech - very close to Jemaa el Fna. It's beautifully decorated and a little oasis in the centre of a crazy busy city. We arrived at this Riad tired from a trip to the Sahara and were welcomed by a very sweet, helpful and friendly lady at the reception desk. She could see how tired we were and upgraded us to a very beautiful and large room. She also recommended the spa... so I took her up on the offer.
The ladies in the spa were, unfortunately, not so nice. I booked a massage which came with a free 30 minute hammam. I seemed to be the last person of the day (9pm) and they were rude, unfriendly and clearly couldnt be bothered. A young girl took me into the hammam and started to pour the water over my face and then spray me with the shower hose - mostly on my face - which was uncomfortable. Then she said "der minute" and left me lying on one of the benches. 15 minutes went past and eventually I went out with my dressing gown on - soaking wet - to find out where she was. She was sitting in the massage room with another girl both of them on their phones. They didnt speak any English so said something in French I didnt understand. It was clear I was unhappy and said I didnt want the hamman anymore and that I was cold. The young girl then brought back into the hammam room and decided to wash my hair - very odd. She then gave me my dressing gown and didnt offer me a towel. She told me sit on one of the chairs outside of the spa. 5 minutes went past and nothing... so I decided to go back to my room cold and disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Itala, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A 4 day weekend meant 3 nights in this amazing hotel and Spa! We just loved it! Some of the best food in Marrakech was at the hotel restaurant, the spa was a nice treat since it was attached to the hotel and I would defiantly arrange for the car service to and from the airport. The staff were fantastic and so helpful. We splurged on a suit and were so happy we did b/ c our rooms ( 2 couples ) were just fantastic - breakfast was included in our package and we had made to order eggs and fresh OJ, fruit and an array of breakfast items. Just off the Main Street in Marrakech and very near the main square - the city can be load and crowded so it was nice to be able to slip quickly into our hotel from a day of shopping and sightseeing. The decor is just what we expected a Riad to look like and made our stay extra special . The attention to detail was amazing - fresh rose petals on our beds and towels artfully displayed along with the fresh fruit . I would defiantly recommend it to friends .

Stayed June 2014
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Pros
- Great location! Walking distance to all the main things you want to see in Marrakech
- Friendly, helpful, attentive staff

Cons
- Very loud at night. The riad is near a busy street with tons of pedestrian traffic. Bring ear plugs.
- The rooms are dated, could use some updating,

Overall average place to stay which is in a great location and provides an authentic Moroccan feel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the moment we arrived at our accomodation we were greeted with the most warm welcome. A special touch on arrival was that one of the staff sat down with us welcomed us with mint tea and discussed all the must see things to do in marrakesh and gave us an insight to the local culture and what our experience might be like as our stay was during Ramadan. As it was our first visit to Marrakesh we were extremely grateful to have someone sit down with us and answer any questions we might have. At no point did I feel like we were being rushed, I couldn't praise the level of customer service highly enough. The location is perfect, very close to the square but tucked away so that you don't feel like you are in the thick of the hustle and bustle. The accomodation itself is truly beautiful. In our room we were greeted with rose petals and our towels folded to the shape of a cobra, it's little touches like this which are appreciated. The facilities are clean and we had everything we needed in our room including a mini fridge and safe. The breakfast was a very large serving so it was handy to be able to take some of the extra pastries along with us on our day trips if we didn't eat it all during breakfast. There are many things about this facility that make you feel very welcome and at home, we enjoyed the 2 peice band that played in the restaurant during the evenings. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that our needs we're met and that our stay was enjoyable. I would highly recommend Mabrouk to anyone who stays in Marrakesh! I would love to visit again one day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Absolutely delighted with our choice here at Riad Mabrouk, which is literally a 2minute or less walk to the famous Jemaa El Fna . A beautiful truly authentic Moroccan experience. If you want modern flash high end orca swimming pool then don't book here. If you want a beautiful authentic Marrakesh experience with typical mosaic tiling and fixtures this is definitely tops. Fell in love with the interior of the Riad. Picture perfect Moroccan old style and yet all the facilities one could need. Hair dryer and toiletries supplied daily. Fresh linen daily complete with rose petals and sculpted towels. Expect to find a bowl of fruit and complimentary water in your room and a small bar fridge. Rooms can be a bit short on natural light but coloured glass windows both internal and external make this worth overlooking. Air conditioning was a must have and was a surprising addition to our room. The day spa offered great value specials and I definitely had one of the best massages ever here. Restaurant was exceptionally beautiful and food was excellent. Staff were not only the kindest and warmest but also very efficient. Excellent advice and maps freely given without hesitation and was greatly appreciated . Excellent tips given on what to expect to pay for taxis and tours. I would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat .

Room Tip: We found room 12 to be a quiet room . Rooms in Riads can be a little more noisy as the are built in...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel has everything that we needed for a 3 night stay. Their hammam is very traditional and it's only 400dh for a hammam, facial and oriental massage which I can confirm was excellent.

My father and I also went on a 3 day excursion to the desert, which the hotel booked and organised for us. It was 900dh per person which included seeing gorges de toudra and ait ben haddou, a hotel for one night and then a night out camping in the desert near merzouga.

The breakfast is free and very extensive, it filled us up for the whole day and included authentic mint tea.

The wifi worked everywhere except on the roof top terrace. The rooms were beautifully decorated and we got upgraded to a suite on our last night so they treated us very well!

The hotel is situated on a main road leading directly to the main square so yes it is noisy at night but what can you expect? You are in the dead centre of the city and it is a fantastic location! The noise stopped at around midnight so it was really not a big deal.

For those that complained about the receptionists: you must be crazy. Everyday we were greeted wonderfully. They spoke English and French very well and we had no problems communicating with them.

I will definitely stay here the next time I visit Marrakech.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Meopham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

superb location , short walk to the main square. Excellent service and Spa facilities. Roof top terrace and reading area. very helpful staff and good breakfast. would highly recommend for a return visit:

Room Tip: if wanting a quieter room ask for back of hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad & Spa Mabrouk? Share your experiences!