“Luxury Stay in the Heart of Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad & Spa Mabrouk

Save Saved
You added Riad & Spa Mabrouk to your Saves list
Riad & Spa Mabrouk
4.0 of 5 Lodge   |   Rue Bani Marine | à côté de cinema mabrouka, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #51 of 185 Specialty lodging in Marrakech
Ottawa, Canada
“Luxury Stay in the Heart of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Our family of 4 had the most amazing stay at Mabrouk Riad this past June/July 2013. The rooms are very spacious, luxurious and well designed. The room designs are done with great care in luxurious Moroccan decor. The attention to detail in the decor and hospitality are outstanding. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Staff speaks English and French very well. The hotel was very secure. The restaurant was also amazing. Great food and service. Located in the Riad is a spa which is top notch. I went for an hour massage and it was one of the best I have ever had. We highly recommend this hotel, restaurant and spa. The location is right in the heart of Marrakech for shopping and ambiance. We plan on returning to Mabrouk the next time we are in Morocco. Julianne D.

Room Tip: Suite Mabrouk & Suite Hania are amazing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
R-SPA-Mabrouk, Responsable réception at Riad & Spa Mabrouk, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I hope your return home was pleasant and that the warmth of the Marrakesh's sun will be in your hearts forever.
The team of Riad SACR and my self thank you for your trust. We have enjoyed your company very much and we all hope to welcome you again very soon.
With my best wishes for your future,

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We arrived early into Marrakech and got a cab from the airport to close to the hotel. The hotel has two entrances on both streets and is guarded around the clock.

We booked through Hotels.com and our booking had not registered with the hotel, an internal error but we were swiftly upgraded with no extra charge to a junior suite with 4 Poster Bed, Balcony overlooking the Riad and air con.

All the staff were helpful, friendly and dealt with any questions we had. We didn't eat here as there is plenty of cheap eats nearby around the square!

Would stay here again. Make sure you have money to tip when they show you the room at first and help with luggage. I didn't have any to hand and felt quite bad!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
With my best wishes for your future,
Derby, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This was one of the more expensive places in Marrakesh and to be honest we were not won over. when we arrived the room we booked was not available until the next day and we ended up staying in a lesser priced room without compensation. We ate in the hotel and the food we had was cold and under cooked, even though i sent it back and ate from my partners meal they still tried to charge for the dish we sent back. The breakfast was the same every day, despite this you will still be given a menu even though there is only one choice. When we did get the room we wanted the cleaning staff would take our towels and robes and not return them until the evening, if at all. Good points were location, very close to the market square, although if you get an outer room it can be very noisy until the early hours. Also when we did complain which was often the staff were somewhat helpful.
Would not go back again, especially considering the price!

Room Tip: the best rooms here are the suites as they are quieter, but do try and get them on discount!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hammersmith, null, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

After a lovely week travelling through Morocco, my tour group headed back to Marrakech for our last night before splitting ways. We arrived at the Mabrouk, took our belongings to our individual rooms then gathered in reception for a tea and a catch up. In this short space of time our budding photographer of the group had her SLR camera, lenses, ipad and iphone stolen from her locked hotel room. It was a horrible disappointment to find the staff and manager immediately accused her of lying about having the belongings in the first place even when security footage proved otherwise. They accused us, her friends for stealing them and put on a huge show of defensive yelling. 'Conveniently' there weren't any security cameras outside her room and we were held hostage in the hotel waiting for the police to arrive so that our groups rooms could be searched. It was clearly an inside job as the room was unlocked and then re-locked after the goods were stolen so there was no way anybody who wasn't staff could get in. The policemen who came merely laughed and accused the poor girl that she stupidly must have misplaced her valuables. Her valuables were not recovered, it was almost impossible for her to get a police report from them and then they insisted to take her (a young, single, english speaking girl) off to the police station alone. Dodgy. The staff quickly went from being happy and hospitable to rude and dismissive of our entire group, we were all feeling very uneasy and unsafe knowing that we had to spend another night in the Riad. An extremely horrible way to end our holiday in Morocco.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Don't stay here! My valuables were stolen from my locked hotel room, while I was in reception with my tour group. It's very obvious that this was an inside job - there is no other way anyone could get into the room without a key. And it happened in the short 30 mins we were all convening in the reception area.

The hotel staff were nasty, unreasonable and insulting. I've never been treated with such disrespect whilst travelling. They insisted initially that I hadn't brought my camera, ipad etc with me, then they continued to push the idea that one of my friends had stolen my things (even though they were all with me at the time - and didn't have a room key!). They then tried to convince me that I hadn't locked my room - even though I had a witness. The unfolding drama continued for hours and hours and throughout the police interview. There was no apology from staff and their bad attitude only made the situation worse. The staff raised their voices and laughed at me when I persisted in my complaints. When I threatened to give them a bad review, the manageress responded with "Write 100 bad reviews, I don't care!" That says it all doesn't it.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere
Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in March based upon recommendations from trip advisor, and am left wondering whether people really stayed there? Stayed in one room, but no hot water. Reception staff seemed put off by the fact that we asked for hot water and promised to get it fixed. After several hours, we kept asking and was told that we could shower in another room. Okay. Battery in fire alarm needed changing, it ticked every minute for the seven hours we slept. That is about 2200 ticks...
The next day when we questioned about the shower, they gave us a suite instead. Both rooms look worn and tired.
Towels took multiple requests and it showed every one of the 800 thread count, as each thread was loose. The bathroom smelled. When we checked out, we mentioned the smell, and reception smiled and said, "yes, it does". Better places to stay. Breakfast, I ordered a coffee, so I got one as well as my wife. Feeling concerned that she could not order.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Geneva
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Do not stay here, unless you want to have your belongings stolen from your room by the staff. We were a group staying there for one night. One girls camera, ipad and iphone were all stolen from her room and the door was locked so it was obviously a staff member. When we spoke with the manager to say what happened, they reacted very defensively and were shouting at us. We insisted that the police come, which happened but the police guy seemed completely lacking in interest. Basically the hotel managers (one woman and one man) and the police tried to say that it must have been one of her group. Then we all left a different times during the next day. I didn't get to see the girl whose stuff had been stolen the next morning, so before I left for the airport I asked the manager at the hotel if my friend's stuff had been found and she said, with her other manager, that the stuff had been found and that they were really rude saying to me and she said that she must have done it for the insurance. I was very sceptical but I was hoping that the girl did leave with her stuff, but no, when I eventually got the message to her to check if she had her stuff, she said she didn't. So they were complete liars as well as thieves. Its such a pity we ended with this awful experience at this hotel. As we didn't trust that the police who came was genuine, I went to the tourist police to report this, and they said that the Mabrouk was not a good place. I have never had any bad experience in Morocco before and I have been a few times, so this was really not the norm. Awful. There are so many lovely places to stay in Marakkesh with kind and honest people, but the Mabrouk was the complete opposite.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Riad & Spa Mabrouk? Share your experiences!