I have travelled all my life and I can say this is one of the best places I have stayed!
1. LOCATION: only 1 minute from the central market place. Once, you get to Marrakech, you will realize that it is almost a mission to get around and not get lost! LOCATION is the key when you decide on your riad. I had no problem getting around from/to Riad as it was so centrally located and whenever I bought some heavy souvenirs, I went back to my room to drop them off.
2. HOSPITALITY: I arrived all alone in the evening so I was a bit scared to find my way to the Riad. However, the owner of Riad personally came to the parking lot area to pick me up then once we got to Riad, he showed me the rooftop w/ mint tea and thouroughly explained what to see in Marrakech on a map. Then, I asked whether I could get some money exchanged and eat dinner- he walked me to the exchange place then showed me where restaurants were.
This Riad's real charm is its owners. They are a young couple, who took over the lease 3 months ago. They are so honest, hard-working, sincere and kind that I genuinely wish them the best w/ their new business. IF you have any question, you can ask them anytime and they speak English, French, Spanish...etc. you name it.
3. BREAKFAST on the terrace: it is included in the room rate (EUR 50~70 depending on the room type and the season). They serve you yogurt, fresh bread w/ french butter, jams & cheese, FRESHLY squeezed orange juice, a pot of coffee/tea and sweet pastry. I stayed in Marrakech for 6 days and breakfast was the best moment of each day. :-)
4. Clean room w/ free WIFI & lovely patio: rooms are clean and well organized. It is not 5 star hotel but it was good enough for me and my friend to stay 6 days without any issue. Shower had good hote water, and i could get free wifi anywhere in the riad. I even left my ipad on the balcony as i knew it would be all safe. You will feel at home in this place. In the evening, you can sit on the roof terrace having some tea and watch the sunset...or enjoy the fountain in the patio area. It is like an Oasis in the middle of bustling Marrakech - you will understand once you get to Marrakech (it is insanely busy/bustling and you will find the air polluted because of the motorbikes!)
All in all, I highly recommend this place if you want to spend some day in Marrakech. Also, they book taxi service for you from/to the airport for 15EUR so you know you are in good hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Azalia places at your disposal 8 carefully decorated rooms, a patio, a kitchen with complete equipement, you will be to benefit from the tea room for your moments of relaxation. Riad Azalia also proposes to you to admire the incredible sight on the medina and the Atlas, from the terrace. Riad Azalia is in heart of Marrakech old city. It is the ideal starting point to survey the commercial streets of the old city, in Riad Zitoune El Kadim, very near to the Mosque, at 5 minutes with foot of the Djemaa El Fna square, you will be near the principal historic monuments of the city. Services : - Airport transfer – Riad Azalia – airport.- Breakfast.- Traditional Hammam.- Restaurant. When you discover Marrakech and its neighborhoods, we will put to you in relation to the various agents for the following activities :- Discovered of Marrakech and its souks.- Circuit of quad and karting.- Excursions in the valley of Ourika, the cascades of Ouzoud.- Visits of Essaouira.- Bivouacs in the desert towards Ouarzazate.- Kasbah of Benhadou.- Imlil.- Oukaimden ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Riad azalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.