Dar Fangui is a typical Dar located near the Saadian Tombs and the Kasbah Mosque. The Badi and Bahia palaces are just a stone’s throw away. The Jamaa-al-Fna and the Souks are just 10 minutes away by foot, and road to it seems to be safe, even after dark. The Dar itself is located in a little derb (narrow street), but the main road is only 100 meters away, which makes it a very easy place to find.
The roomprices are ridiculously low, we paid 35 euros/night in Februari, which is a lot cheaper than comparable Riads in the medina. Our room (the Zagora room) was a small and cosy room with a big and very clean bathroom. The rooftop terrace is magnificent
Dining in the dar is a must! A starter, a main course (a Tajine) and a dessert costs about 10 Euros (Cheap!). The meals are made freshly by Khadijah, so no ‘restaurant-food’ but real Moroccan home made food. Breakfast is nice as well.
Overall this Riad was one of the best places we’ve ever stayed (price/quality), and we recommend it. Even though here are some practical things you might want to know, but do not let them stop you
-The Zagora Room is located near the courtyard on the ground floor, where a lot of people are passing by. If you want some more privacy you would rather prefer a room on the first floor.
- Breakfast is served as from 8.45 ‘o clock. For early birds this is too late.
- After dinner there is no staff at the Riad anymore.
- When booking, the riad will offer you an airport transfer (15 euros). We did not take it, but took a taxi ourselves at the airport (we paid 60 Dh, 6 Euros. For this price you need to negociate! Otherwise the driver will ask you up to 150 Dh. Be sure the price you get is the price for the taxi, and not per person.). We were dropped at the Bab Agnaou. From there on enter the gate, walk 100 meters, go right (rue Kashbah), walk 100 meters again. Right again. And you’re at your destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DAR FANGUI is a traditional house fully renovated , following an hispano-arabic style but with all of the modern commodities (private bathroom with every room, A/C in every room).DAR FANGUI is composed of 3 dooble rooms and a DOUIRIA (capacity 4/5 people). You have access to a large terrace (100 M2).You are only 10 minutes away (walking distance) from thefamous Jemma El Fna Square and from the souk with their colorfull crowd at anytime.At DAR FANGUI, you will enjoy a rest in a quiet and authentic district.Kasbah is the Royal Palace district, guaranteeing safety and peacefullness ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Dar Fangui reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.