“An oasis from the hustle & bustle of Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Dar Selwan Wellness & Spa
12, Res Al Bassatine | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #276 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Lincoln, UK
“An oasis from the hustle & bustle of Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed 3 nights there despite the location (a short car ride to the Medina). The comments by other reviewers reflected our experiences pretty well. Maria and her staff were very welcoming, pleasant and most certainly accommodating. Their service delivery was among the best we have received in our travels. Maria would happily ferry us to and from the medina daily in her car. That was certainly a welcomed bonus!
Our room was tastefully decorated, very clean and quiet though dimly lit for the romantically inclined! The whole place has a very spacious and homely feel to it.
Breakfast was a mix of Continental and Moroccan served at anytime in the mornings. Free wi-fi available with decent connection. The pool is of a good size and very well maintained. I would struggle to think of any significant flaw during our stay there.
If location is not an issue ( you get free rides in town!) Dar Selwan should be your top choice.

Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Thanks to Maria and her friendly staff. We spent a fantastic time in Dar Selwan. On a quiet location you can rest and enjoy the swimming pool. Dar Selwan is 15 minutes from Marrakech, so it is a good place to stay after having visitd the buzzy city.
The staff is friendly and does its best to make you feel at home. You can have lunch and dinner in Dar Selwan as well (excellent cook!). Close to the hotel is a restaurant where you can eat more western style food as well as Morrocon. If you go to Marrakech , you definitely want to stay here!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010 via mobile

As regular international traveller, my wife & I decided to stay at Dar Selwan to celebrate our 1st Wedding Anniversary based primarily on Trip Advisor reviews. We made the right choice!!!
From the moment Maria & her team met us on arrival with cold towels & fruit cocktails to the sad farewells 3 glorious days later we were in our own little heaven. Bliss.
Dar Selwan is situated in The Palmery district about 15 mins drive from the madness of The Medina & that suited us perfectly as we spent the days basking in the sunshine around the beautiful & serene pool area & gardens before venturing into the sunset to explore the vibrant city in the evenings.
The guest house itself is traditionally Arabic with a wonderful attention to detail & luxury.
We stayed in The Jenna suite which is wonderfully romantic & gorgeous.
The magnificent pool & gardens really were as beautiful & serene as you could ever wish for whether seeking the sun or the shade.
However, the real thing which made this break so truly memorable was Maria & her staff (Farah, Nor & Achmed) who ensured that our service was of the highest possible without ever becoming obtrusive.
Breakfast & Lunch in the tent were delicious & a much needed supply of Chilled water, juices & Tea were always on hand to help us thru the lazy days relaxing. Thank you all!!
So pleasurable was our visit that not only will I be recomending Dar Selwan to my friends & family, I will now be hoping to return in June 11 to celebrate my birthday. A glorious thought that will help us endure the forthcoming bleak Scottish Winter.......

• Stayed September 2010
Viana do Castelo, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I´ve stayed in Dar Selwan whit my girlfriend for about 5 days and i can only say that we realy liked beying there, we felt realy welcomed , the staff was great and the location was away from the chaos of the centre of Marrakech.
I´m already thinking of returning next year whit some friends and i can only thanks Maria for everthing she as done for us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I would say I'm well travelled and have a fair few hotels to benchmark against. This is honestly one the best hotels I have ever stayed in (and I don't say that lightly) - if you are looking for complete relaxation, excellent customer service and good value for money then stay here. My flight was cancelled due the volcanic ash and instead of turning into a admin nightmare the manager here kept in constant contact with me and helped to re arrange the booking. Then upon arrival, you feel as if you are staying in someone's home because the personal level of service goes way beyond what you would ever expect from a mid-range priced room The location is excellent, in a peaceful high end part of town aprox 15 min drive from the old Medina. So you can either relax by the beautiful pool, or go exploring in the town. I would come back here time after time - it is genuinely an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

It was the best moment of my travel to morocco. Peaceful and beautiful this guest house is the best place to relax with its swimming pool and their very friendly staff, especially Maria.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is a nice place to stay with friendly staff and pleasant pool area and rooms.
For us, the location is an issue . It is far from any where in Marrakech . You cannot walk any where and you have to rely on costly taxis all the time . Our friends have been to Marrakech several times and they did suggest we stay in Medina or Hivernage , we wish we had .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
darselwan, Propriétaire at Dar Selwan Wellness & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Dear Mr or Mrs,

It would help us a lot if you could answer our message (sent to your email through tripadvisor) kindly asking which of our guests you are. As no one complained about the hotel situation while they were here, and as it is the only clue we have to your identity, forgive me if I genuinely don't know who you are.

First of all, I'm very sorry our hotel wasn't what you were looking for. Usually we always answer our future guests questions or emails about how far the hotel is from the medina by the truth: Dar Selwan is in the most gorgeous and fancy neighborhood of Marrakesh, the Palmeraie. It's 20 minutes drive from the medina, 5 minutes drive from the new town, and it's very close to golf and splendid restaurants.
We also inform our future guests about the Taxi costs . And I'm very sincere when I say that no one never complained, and that on the contrary, people find it very pleasant to spend a day in the wonderful yet exhausting medina then come back to a very calm and pleasant guesthouse and enjoy the pool.

Most important of all, I'm very surprised by your message, especially that I personnaly give rides to guests, as a gift from Dar Selwan, and as often as I can. Sometimes some people decline my offer to give them free rides to the medina, but usually they gladly accept, as it helps them save money, and I also do it gladly as it's a very effective way to get to know our guests better, and find out about their cultures, country, work, and all those things that make me and all my team love our jobs.

Again, I'm sorry you chose our hotel without knowing or asking about the location, and I hope your next vacation in our beautiful city will be better than your higher hopes.

Kind Regards,

Maria

Been to Dar Selwan Wellness & Spa? Share your experiences!