“Best hotel choise i ever made” 5 of 5 stars

Dar Selwan Wellness & Spa
12, Res Al Bassatine | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #256 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Viana do Castelo, Portugal
“Best hotel choise i ever made”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I´ve stayed in Dar Selwan whit my girlfriend for about 5 days and i can only say that we realy liked beying there, we felt realy welcomed , the staff was great and the location was away from the chaos of the centre of Marrakech.
I´m already thinking of returning next year whit some friends and i can only thanks Maria for everthing she as done for us.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I would say I'm well travelled and have a fair few hotels to benchmark against. This is honestly one the best hotels I have ever stayed in (and I don't say that lightly) - if you are looking for complete relaxation, excellent customer service and good value for money then stay here. My flight was cancelled due the volcanic ash and instead of turning into a admin nightmare the manager here kept in constant contact with me and helped to re arrange the booking. Then upon arrival, you feel as if you are staying in someone's home because the personal level of service goes way beyond what you would ever expect from a mid-range priced room The location is excellent, in a peaceful high end part of town aprox 15 min drive from the old Medina. So you can either relax by the beautiful pool, or go exploring in the town. I would come back here time after time - it is genuinely an excellent hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

It was the best moment of my travel to morocco. Peaceful and beautiful this guest house is the best place to relax with its swimming pool and their very friendly staff, especially Maria.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is a nice place to stay with friendly staff and pleasant pool area and rooms.
For us, the location is an issue . It is far from any where in Marrakech . You cannot walk any where and you have to rely on costly taxis all the time . Our friends have been to Marrakech several times and they did suggest we stay in Medina or Hivernage , we wish we had .

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
darselwan, Propriétaire at Dar Selwan Wellness & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2010
Dear Mr or Mrs,

It would help us a lot if you could answer our message (sent to your email through tripadvisor) kindly asking which of our guests you are. As no one complained about the hotel situation while they were here, and as it is the only clue we have to your identity, forgive me if I genuinely don't know who you are.

First of all, I'm very sorry our hotel wasn't what you were looking for. Usually we always answer our future guests questions or emails about how far the hotel is from the medina by the truth: Dar Selwan is in the most gorgeous and fancy neighborhood of Marrakesh, the Palmeraie. It's 20 minutes drive from the medina, 5 minutes drive from the new town, and it's very close to golf and splendid restaurants.
We also inform our future guests about the Taxi costs . And I'm very sincere when I say that no one never complained, and that on the contrary, people find it very pleasant to spend a day in the wonderful yet exhausting medina then come back to a very calm and pleasant guesthouse and enjoy the pool.

Most important of all, I'm very surprised by your message, especially that I personnaly give rides to guests, as a gift from Dar Selwan, and as often as I can. Sometimes some people decline my offer to give them free rides to the medina, but usually they gladly accept, as it helps them save money, and I also do it gladly as it's a very effective way to get to know our guests better, and find out about their cultures, country, work, and all those things that make me and all my team love our jobs.

Again, I'm sorry you chose our hotel without knowing or asking about the location, and I hope your next vacation in our beautiful city will be better than your higher hopes.

Kind Regards,

Maria
north yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I have just returned from a wonderful stay in this traditional Guest House/small hotel. Situated in the Palmery - just out of Marrakech it is a real haven. The staff were fabulous and could not have done more to make our stay absolutely perfect. Our room - Jenna suite was lovely, comfortable - very clean - a/c and had large adjoining wet room. The Palmery is slightly away from it all, but Maria, the Manager was very kind and took us into town and collected us on several occasions, and taxi collection from the airport was included - so all in all, we felt it was very good value. The meals in the hotel were also excellent. We dined on 2 evenings, tradidtional Morrocan cuisine - fabulous!, and a BBQ - also very good. Would not hesitate to recommend for couples and families perhaps with older children - lovely large pool and places to lounge in and out of the sun. Breakfast - although the same each day, was wonderful. Cannot praise this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Dar Selwan really was a the relaxing part of our trip to Marrocco. From the moment we arrived we were charmed. The house is exquisite, with wonderfully detailed decoration and very calm rooms and salons with different atmospheres that we liked to enjoy at different moments of the day.
Of course, most of all, the personnel was really friendly, attentive and always ready to help. Maria was wonderful and drove us everywhere at all times of the day, always smiling (which I could not at 7am...). We asked for a massage and I recall most of it until I fell asleep. Just to find a mint tea ready when I woke up... If that is not paradise...

Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

What makes this guest house so special is the lovely Maria and her team who genuinely make you feel welcome and go that extra mile to make your stay extra special. Fresh flowers in the room, morrocan pastries, candles, mint tea, advice on where to go and what to see. We mostly spent lazy mornings around the pool, watching the birds. In the afternoons Maria was more than happy to drop us at the Medina or Supermarket. Breakfasts are a feast served in the garden on trays with fresh flowers, if you can still eat anything after that the sandwiches are delicious. In the evenings we mostly ate at the Medina but one night we pre-booked dinner at Dar Selwan which was very romantic, candles everywhere, delicious morrocan food and excellent service. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Selwan Wellness & Spa? Share your experiences!