From my first contact with Linda to enquire about staying in the riad, to our pick-up at the end of the holiday, I cannot recommend this riad enough. We stayed as a group of 8 people and booked the entire riad for our exclusive use. I could go into an enormously long review but it may be easier to have it in list form:
- The riad is in a brilliant location very near to Jemaa el Fna but on a side street so it is wonderfully peaceful. I would definitely book the airport transfer, we would not have found it on our own. When you first arrive it feels like it's in the middle of a maze but you get used to the streets very quickly and by the end of the trip we could make our way back with ease.
- All the rooms look exactly as they do on the website and have sizeable bathrooms. The whole building is wonderfully clean and rooms are a good size - the Douiria suite is enormous! Everyone commented on how comfortable the beds were. One thing to note is that you can be awoken by the morning call to prayer from the nearby mosques, but that only really adds to the atmosphere of being in Marrakech. Some of our group slept right through it!
- There is nothing quite as nice as being able to sit with a glass of wine either in the salon area downstairs or on the roof terrace. It is a great space to relax after the chaos of the main square.
- The riad staff - Rachid, Wadeer, and Fadilla - were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble. Fadilla made a lovely breakfast every day, Rachid very kindly walked us to a restaurant (having booked our table) on the first night, and Wadeer stayed up very late to let us back in when we'd been out for the night! There is always someone in, and you can book anything through the staff - we arranged to go to the Atlas mountains through Rachid, who suggested a trip suited to our needs. Linda herself is lovely, providing masses of information before our arrival.
- I'd recommend having dinner in the riad at least once during your stay - Fadilla makes an amazing lemon chicken tagine! We ate on the roof on a beautiful summer's evening, with the table lit by candles within lanterns, and it was just perfect.
Overall we had a great stay and would definitely recommend this riad.