“Marrakech Marathon stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #245 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Zug, Switzerland
“Marrakech Marathon stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I spent the weekend at Riad Linda and ran the Marrakech Marathon. The location is excellent being very central and close to the square. The staff were very helpful from organizing to meet me at the station and find the riad (Don't try this alone), to giving me advice where to go and looking after me before and after the marathon. Linda is a runner and understood me needs.

I had a great weekend, ran my best marathon and took tons of photographs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
woodedge_11, Owner at Riad Linda, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank yuo so much for the lovely review. We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Many congratulations on your best marathon time ever! Hope to see you again for the next Marrakech Marathon.

Linda Lyons
Owner
Riad Linda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Constanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed 4 nights in this beateaful Riad between 1-5 April 2013. I will recommend you due to following facts:
- is in the city's heart, very close to famous Jmaa el Fna,
- money vs quality is very good,
- service was impecable
- involvement of the owner, Mrs. Linda was very helpfull.

On the other hand it was some minor incoveniences, a bird is starting to sing around 6 am, windows has no glasses and you may hear all the sounds performed by other traveller.

All in all I am recommending this small hotel for a short stay in Marrakesh.

Room Tip: All rooms are same, but not sure
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
woodedge_11, Owner at Riad Linda, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your review & for recommending us for a short stay in Marrakech. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed our service & that you feel we offer value for money.

I have spoken to our little bird & he is very sorry to have woken you up & promises to try to be quieter in the future!

Just to respond to your comment about our rooms, we do have glass in all the windows but due to the courtyard construction of a riad, there will always be some degree of noise.

Linda Lyons
Owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Riad Linda is a beautiful riad in a perfect location, easy walking distance to the main areas and the staff were all exceptionally kind and helpful...we will certainly be back and would highly recommend this riad!

• Stayed April 2013
woodedge_11, Owner at Riad Linda, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review. I'm so glad that our lovely, hard working staff looked after so well. Please do come back & visit us again soon.
Tropical Barnsley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Linda has been amazingly helpful in helping me to organise the trip, arranging pick ups, drop offs and extra nights when we booked the whole Riad. It was a great place for us all to be (along with three children) and the staff were very helpful. Location is great, central, but away from the hubub, and didn't mind our comings and goings all night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
woodedge_11, Owner at Riad Linda, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. It was our pleasure to host you all. I will make sure to pass on you kind comments to our hard working staff. Hope to see you again soon.
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant, clean Riad close to the main square with friendly and helpful staff. The size and layout was great for our party of 15 friends. I would have liked wifi in all areas, and soap in the bathrooms would have been useful, but otherwise a very decent, well located, little guest house.

• Stayed March 2013
Ascona, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Sorry, rooms are really smaller then I thougth! And the atmosphere is really cheaper then the majestic pictures you may see. No one really helps you there, because there's no one than the cleaning lady in the morning. No way to lock the room door, so good luck. The balcony is small and thirty and the forniture is old and not clean. We have been in Marocco before, you can really do better then this. No quality for the money we paid.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
woodedge_11, Owner at Riad Linda, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you very leaving us a review. We always welcome all comments from our guests in order to provide the very best level of customer service. I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. We do not market ourselves as a 5 star luxury riad. What we do pride ourselves in is providing a clean, friendly guest house in a great location offering exceptional value for money!

All our photos are an accuarate reflection of what is there. Many guests have told me that the riad was 'just like in your pictures'!

All of our rooms are lockable & there is 24 hour security on site as well as a safe for guests' valuables.

I was rather suprised that you found your room to be on the small side. You stayed in our Douira Suite which previous guests have described as 'huge'.

Your room was cleaned every day & your towels were changed daily. Given how many other guests have commented on our high standard of cleanlinesss I'm rather suprised by your remarks!

Our manager Rachid was there to greet you & provided you with a lot of help & information throughout your stay with us. Wadeer our concierge was also on hand to help look after you. Fadila is our lovely cook & housekeeper & is much more than a 'cleaning lady!

Our staff are regularly highly praised by guests for the level of service that they provide & how nothing is too much trouble for them.

As we have only been open since 2110 I'm not very sure how our furniture can be described as 'old'. We constantly upgrade & replace any items as necessary.

I think this reviewer was expecting 5 star hotel treatment for 3 star prices. We have had many happy & contented guests stay with us over the years & who return.

We all continually strive to ensure that our guests are comfortable, well looked after & that their stay with us is a wonderful & memorable experience.
Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I booked out the whole riad for my 40th birthday celebration for 15 people. From the moment I made contrast with Linda she was amazingly helpful, always responded back promptly and was a joy to deal with.

On arrival we just fell in love with the place. The roof terrace especially was just a great place for us to hang out. The staff were so helpful and friendly and went out of their way. They even bought me a huge bunch of flowers for my birthday :-)

The rooms were really nice especially the main suite which was huge.

The breakfasts were tasty.

The location is great as only a couple of mins walk to the action and probably 5 mins to the medina.

But the absolute highlight was my birthday party. I ordered a traditional Moroccan feast cooked at the riad and it was delicious. I had also booked a band and they were just fantastic really made the atmosphere we were all dancing and having the best time. Also a belly dancer who was also great.

I would without a doubt recommend the riad for a big group celebration it exceeded our celebrations and was just fantastic. It was one of the best holidays ever and surprisingly great value.

Room Tip: The suite is lovely :-)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
woodedge_11, Owner at Riad Linda, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We were very pleased to be able to help you celebrate your special birthday. Hope you will come back & stay with us again soon.

Been to Riad Linda? Share your experiences!