“vietnamise / chinese cooking” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“vietnamise / chinese cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

the food is great in this tiny returant the staff are excellent and speak english book so as not to be dissapointed due to a lot of locals going here.

Visited December 2011

55% Recommend
“Nice chinese restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

The food was well presented and in generous portions! Tasted great too!

• Visited December 2010
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carlisle
“Superb Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

We were hanging about waiting for a different restaurant to open, but as my father is diabetic we needed to eat sooner rather than later, so decided just to pop into this one.

A great choice. It was lovely.

There wasn't really Veggie options on the menu at all, so I asked for a Vegetable chow mein. IT has to be one of the best chow meins I have ever had, totally delicious, the noodles were cripsy which made a nice change.

MY father had duck and pancakes, which didn't come at all like what we would get in the UK. It was sliced duck meat in a sauce on a bed of shredded pancake. He raved about it for days.

Mother had a duck in orange sauce with boiled rice, and hubby had a chicken and noodle dish.

We asked for the wine list and the French red was around 380dh (£30) a bottle!!! So we opted for water. We then decided we were on holiday and would have wine afterall, so asked for the wine list back. On that list was a bottle of Moroccan red for £12 (£9.60) after double and triple checking the price we ordered that one. So worth asking.

Would definately return and recommend.

Visited October 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Probably one of the best places I have eaten.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I cannot fault this place at all. This was our second time dining here on our second trip to Marrakech. We were disapointed it was closed during Ramadam but delighted when it was opened on our last night of our trip. It was the same as we remember. Quite a cosy place with dim lighting, a buzzy atmosphere and oriental decor - After all it is a Vietnamese resturant. The seating is comfortable and the tables dressed amazingly. It all makes for a nice night out in Marrakech when you get a bit fed up of Tagine and the medina.

We were greeted with a smile, chose a table and were given the menus and a plate of prawn crackers.

We ordered our drinks - The local beer - Special Flag and a very nice beer it is too and it is cheap, 25 DH for a bottle. (about £2). As it was their first night opening after a month there was a few hiccups we didn't experience when we visited in Febuarary such as the beers not being chilled but the staff done their upmost to place them in a freezer for a while. When we ordered our starters they arrived promptly, I had a beautiful bean sprout salad with chicken and my partner and son had the shrimp spring rolls.

We had the mains, my partner had the beef in black bean sauce whilst I had the sizzling beef on a hot plate, if you are a spice dare devil like myself ask for the spicy version rather than the tomato and basil version and you will experience spice that will knock your socks off. It is amazing and comes presented to you on a cow shaped cast iron hot plate.

Everything is reasonably priced, the facilities are clean, the restuarant looks good, the food tastes fresh and the staff welcoming.

We finished off our lovely night out by sharing an ice cream, we did order creme brulee but as it was their first night after ramadam they hadn't set yet. I had it before back in Febuarary and ordered it twice as I loved it so much!

I'd recommend this restuarant to anyone staying in Marrakech.

• Visited August 2011