“A magical week” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 1,125 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Exeter, United Kingdom
“A magical week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

An idyllic riad in the most wonderful and magical of cities. We stayed for one week with three children, our youngest daughter being just 5. Habiba and her staff could not have been more helpful. Our room was spotless and beautifully cleaned and tidied every day and the breakfasts even defeated my 14 year old son! Habiba and her staff loved our daughter ('Princess') and could not do enough for her, even allowing her to help with the breakfasts and spoiling her rotten. When we had to leave, she said she wanted to stay with Habiba. In fact, eveyone in the city seemed to love children and our boys were confident enough and safe enough to go round the souks by themselves. Nothing was too much trouble and we plan to go back again very soon. Thankyou to everyone at Riad Anabel for making our first proper family holiday such a success and we will see you soon. JIm, Sam, Jacob, Elliot and Josephine.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

A lovely riad with a very pretty courtyard/breakfast area complete with a small swimming pool (although it might be an idea to take the child's toys out of the swimming pool once in a while!) and comfortable, well-furnished rooms. However, the owner's constanting shouting and reprimanding of her staff really dampened our experience of the riad. This was reflected in their demeanor too - they seemed surprised to hear a kind word or even a "thank you" when it was proferred. Also, on our last day, we asked the proprietress to book us a taxi to the airport but the taxi never showed up. We asked about it several times but she assured us that it was on it's way. Eventually, she told us that the taxi would be waiting for us out in the square at the edge of the Medina, so one of the staff was ordered to bring us there. When we arrived, there was no sign of the taxi and we had to find one for ourselves and only made it to the airport in the nick of time for our flight.

On the whole, a nice riad, reasonably priced, well-located and easy to find...but the poor treatment of its staff would put me off staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was our first visit to Marrakech and Riad Anabel was an excllent choice. Habiba and her staff looked after us wonderfully. I had a vision of the my perfect Riad and was not disapointed.Great location, a peaceful oasis, air conditioning and a splash pool We stayed in the Rose Suite which was lovely. We enjoyed breakfast up on the roof terrace as well as the courtyard. We also took part in a cooking workshop with Habiba, preparing lamb in a tangier and taking it to the local Hammam fire pit to be cooked exacty as Jamie Oliver had done. I recommend this Riad to everyone

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

A friend of mine recommedned this riad to us and we all fell in love with it at first second. I recommended it to my friends when they were visiting Marrakech and they loved it too :-) Staff made our stay even more beautiful. Any trip you'd like to know about or arrange, or you need info about visiting hammam (traditional or spa for tourists), restaurant, museum or directions, answer to all is just outside your room door. Location was great, 10 min walk to main square and we were not afraid getting home at night. You'd love Riad Anabel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at Riad Anabel. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was phenomenal, the decor was beautiful, and the showers were hot. I can't recommend it enough. It's in a great location, right in the center of things, but tucked away so that it's quiet and serene. I recommend this Riad to everyone!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

I fell in love with Riad Anabel. The welcome we received from all the staff was awesome, they were so lovely. We had a welcome drink on the beautiful terrace where they showed us on a map all the places we should go. They couldnt do enough for us. The place was stunning, something straight out of SATC. It was very clean and open 24 hours so you can come and go as you please. I would recommend to anyone; i went with a group of 6 girls, but there were couples staying there and children also. Its very close to the main square, but far enough away to be very quiet and peaceful.

I fell in love with the place and cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My parents spent one night here before leaving on a camel excursion. I had arranged with the riad to have them picked up at the train station and airport (one was traveling a few days prior). The pick ups went smoothly and I was reassured by getting an email to say they had arrived. I really appreciated this as I was nervous about my non-French speaking parents traveling in Morocco without me. Habiba and the staff woke up early to get breakfast ready for my mom and dad and then called the company to make sure they were on their way to pick them up. My parents loved the riad - were so impressed by how pretty it was, the attention to detail, and how kind the staff were. They booked it again to share it with their friends who are flying in to visit in a few weeks. Thank you so much for making their experience pleasant and for making me more relaxed! : )

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Riad Anabel? Share your experiences!