I stayed in Palais Jena last week and had a fantastic time. The hotel itself is modern, spacious and clean. The outdoor area is calm and pretty. The staff don't speak English too well but are still extremely helpful. It is located a fair drive from Marrakech town, however I preferred to escape the noise of the city. I never ventured to the Spa but it was located under the reception.
A few tips I would recommend when staying at Palais Jena are:
- Ask for spare towels for the outdoor pool, unless you bring your own.
- If you would like an alcoholic drink, wait until after 7pm and go to their gorgeous restaurant for cocktails (around 85DH each).
- If you would like cheaper food, then order the room service, this all comes from the same kitchen and chef.
- If you would like to go into Marrakech town, you can ask a member of staff to help you hail a public Taxi. These cost around 20DH each opposed to 100DH for a private taxi. As long as you don’t mind squeezing into the backseat with locals!
- The water from the hotel is pricey, however if you turn left out of the hotel and walk down the road for a few minutes, there is a local shop on the other side of the road which sells big bottles of water for 6DH (45p)
A petty drawback with the rooms are that there are no full length mirrors.
The downstairs rooms are a bit revealing with the big French windows, however I quite liked being able to step out of the room to the pool area. The curtain are magnificent if you need a lay in!
Palais Jena is a great hotel and fantastic value for money! I would definitely stay there again.