“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #288 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Birkenhead, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

We are a group of friends who rented the whole riad in April for a short holiday. We can only say that we had the most amazing stay. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean, well furnished, and authentic. The staff are wonderful especially Khadijah who made us the most wonderful breakfasts each morning at whatever time suited us, of pancakes, pastries, breads, jams honey and yogurt, and not forgetting the freshly squeezed orange juice, and tea and coffee. The pool and the roof terrace were a welcome change to the hustle and bustle of the Medina after a days bartering or sight-seeing. There's plenty of room for everyone if you are sharing with others and a mixture of sun traps and cool shade. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the main square which is just something else! Khadijah arranged a trip out to the mountains for us which was an experience well worth having. We can't think of any negatives and thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this oasis.

Room Tip: All fabulous,
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
hanoi, vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

I found this riad by accident. What a buty! I have stayed there for more 3 times. I live in Morocco and i always have friends and family come to visit me. I now strongly recommend this riad to everyone.

The riad is located in a little alley which will take a little while to find. Once you enter the riad, I suddently feel Im in another world, peaceful, clean, green and open. A rectangular swimming pool sits in the middle of the court yard.

Khdija the chief house keeper welcome you with mint tea. She prepare breakfast every morning, manul is slightly different. The home made yoghurt is delicous!

The room is designed by colors and the room furniture were carefully selected. After you come back from your out dinner, your room was heated and the door was shut carefully.

This riad is great value for money. I paid only 60 Euros per room. Its FANTASTIC!

I really enjoyed my stay with this wounderful riad. I would definitly come back.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

There was 11 of you all from UK. We had an amaizing time. Staff fantastic very helpful. Riad always clean. There was no problem with having late breackfast or paying for riad with different currency. They offered to send taxi for us which is a great idea and its cheap 15e. Same happened with the way back. Lady called taxi man and he was at the spot at the right time. Breackfast always very fresh always on time. I have nothing to add you have to go and check it on your own. I highly recomend it. One more thing. Riad peaople tell you to walk in the night around souks through the main road. I recomend to listen to them :>. There is a map in the riad with the main road through souks to the Medina.

Room Tip: All of them are great
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Hampstead, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

outstanding service, supppppperrrr clean, fantastic friendly staff, beautiful riad, no words really to describe how fantastic it is. highly recommended. made our holiday a dream and very positive, you can't get better than riad zineb - super

Room Tip: all the rooms are beautiful
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Zevenaar, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We hired the whole riad with 11 adults and 1 child (2years old). The staff welcomed us with a great smile and we loved them all immediately. The staff surprised us every morning with a huge breakfast. Bread, pancakes, pastries, fresh juice, coffee, tea, milk, yoghurt and so much more. We were really spoiled by them. It was an excellent stay at the riad. The rooms were beautiful decorated and very clean. It felt so great being there. The pool was a fine refreshment after sunbathing on the terrace or wandering in the souks. There was enough space to retreat if you wanted. We all got a big hug from the staff when the time came to leave Marrakech and again it felt so familiar. We recommend this riad to anybody who wants to visit Marrakech.

Room Tip: It is difficult to choose a room, because they are all big, colorfull and beautifull.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

My partner and I travelled for 6 months before settling in the UK. During that time we have seen our fair share of both great and unacceptable hotels. I dont normally give reviews but Riad Zineb was one of the best places I have stayed.

The Riad has only 8 rooms and there is so much common space you feel like you have the entire Riad to yourself!! It is without a doubt one of the cleanest places I have ever seen and staff were wonderful. The location is great being in the Medina and only a 10min walk to the centre square and while being so close to everything, the Riad is in a quiet alleyway and a complete escape from the craziness outside.

The pool and terrace are fantastic for relaxing in the afternoon before heading out to the markets in the evening.

This riad was recommended to us by friends and I would have no hesitations also recommending it to anyone who is travelling to Marrakech.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

We arrived late at night to the madness that is the famous marrakesh square Jemaa el Fna. A man put our luggage in a cart and we started the 15-25 min walk to the riad (only 25 mins as we had a baby in a pram and a elderly grandma with a walking stick.) taking in the sights along the way. This at first can seem quite daughting as there is alot to take in and the narrow winding alleyways seem to go on forever and we thought we would never find it again. We finally arrived down an alley way to a lovely carved door. The housekeeper Khadija welcomed us with some mint tea and gave us a much needed map and telephone numbers should we get lost. The Riad was beautiful, the decoration far exceeded my expectations and the staff were extremely helpful. Our rooms were lovely at warm (khadija has put gas fires in each of the rooms as the weather at night is cold at this time of year). Breakfast was delicious every morning. Pankakes, tea, coffee, pasteries, breads, jams, yogurts all delicious. We had the whole riad to ourselves as there were no other guests booked in so it was lovely and quiet. Navigating the medina isn't too bad once you get used to it and if you do get lost local teenagers are always on had to show you the way for a small price but haggle first! We were travelling with a 9 month old baby and everything was so easy we had the use of the kitchen to prepare his food and sterilize bottles etc. The pool had even been put on to heat so we could use it with the baby as normally it isnt heated at this time of year. Anything you asked was not a problem and the staff went out of their way to help. Especially as my mam, gran and I went out one night to a fantasia evening but it didn't drop you off back at the main square until midnight and we didn't like the thought of 3 women walking through the medina so late at night when everything was closed so the man from the riad came to meet us and escort us back. Before going I contacted the owner Michel and he was brilliant too and even telephoned my house to see if there was any other information I wanted. We had a meal in the riad one night and it was beautiful well worth 15 euros per person. The downstairs rooms are most suitable for anyone with walking difficulties as the stairs were spiral staircases and quite steep but my gran managed it and she has a walking stick so we could sit on the roof terrace which was lovely and hot through the day. With a baby I dont think it would matter which room as you could leave the pram in the courtyard and everything you leave anywhere is very safe and secure. When we asked if there was a hi chair, before we arrived, there wasn't but they purchased one so there was one when we got there. Great attention to detail and staff very attentive. We enjoyed everything about our holiday and wil definately return to Riad zineb one day in the future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

Been to Riad Zineb? Share your experiences!