I decided to take a holiday break to Marrakech for a special birthday between March 6th – 13th 2013. My wife arranged to stay at this lovely riad in the Kasbah area – good choice.
Rooms all have names; ours was Sophia which was large and on first floor, also a good choice.
Breakfasts are extremely high carbohydrate, not a criticism only an observation if you’re not used. Although Joelle would have made anything we wanted, as we were on holiday we stayed with the multitude of delicious selections, which are slightly different every morning. You can really appreciate the French influence.
Joelle has 2 girls working and I wondered if they ever slept as they appear to be available to do anything (cook, clean or anything) for you at any time. The riad will cook in the evening as well but be prepared for an expensive bill, it’s probably best to eat at a local restaurant for 150 -200 dirams or try the market square stalls for allsorts of everything, including eyeballs, tongues or brains (though I wasn’t brave enough to try) for 80-100 dirams
My wife suffers from claustrophobia, so the whole trip was a bit of an ordeal for her from feeling hemmed in by the crowds of people in the evenings, or the hustle bustle of the of the Jeema El Fna market area.
So much so that Joelle tried to help arrange an early flight home, although for one reason or another the flight booking failed - not sure why, but we tried at least. CLAUSTRAPHOBIA AND MARRAKESH DO NOT MIX WELL.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Les Orangers d`Alilia Marrakech Hotel
- Riad Les Orangers d`Alilia Marrakech Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moroccan hospitality is legendary and at Riad les orangers d'alilia you have the opportunity to experience this fine tradition. Riad les orangers d'alilia is a home with lots of atmosphere and a dedicated staff at your disposal.Riad les orangers d'alilia has been entirely restored in accordance with traditional Moroccan materials and architecture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your Riad les Orangers d'Alilia Marrakech reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.