“Very good and fresh seafood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chez Mado

Chez Mado
Rue Moulay Ali | gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco (Formerly Kanyama)
+212 5244-21494
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #62 of 699 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: nouvelle décoration, coin bar, nouvelle terrasse ;plateaux de fruits de mer, poisson et viande
Switzerland
“Very good and fresh seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had a dinner in the restaurant on our first night in Marrakesh. We had oysters, which are very good (we preferred the no.2 over the no.1 of the same origin). My husband had a plate of seashells and another plate of shrimps with mayo. Both were very fresh and yummy. I had a big lobster for my main plate. We love seafood and my husband has a very sensitive stomach for freshness, and I can tell that everything is fresh.

The restaurant have several tables, but book in advance to secure a place. They also have a small bar. It is very clean, modern, and a nice place. The dress code is between casual and formal. Like most (if not all) restaurants in Marrakesh, smoking is allowed inside.

The service is top. The waiter is amazing (sorry, forgot to ask his name). Everything went very well, EXCEPT that the owner is not very nice/welcoming. He seemed uninterested with the customers.

• Visited November 2013

“Excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We had lunch at Chez Mado and thoroughly enjoyed it. A lovely little restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere. We had delicious food and it was served quickly. Highly recommend!

Visited October 2013
new york, usa
“Superb lunchtime sojourn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I have just finished an exceptionally good lunch at Chez Mado. I have been here before but today's experience was superb. We both had the largest and juiciest oysters fresh and smelling of the sea -mmmmmmm and then followed this with a perfectly cooked faux filet with a delicate light sauce which complemented my perfectely pink meat.
Followed by the pear tart between us which was just the ticket. We have already booked for Saturday night and am salivating at the thought of more delicious oysters.
Lovely atmosphere and modern clean interior complemented by well prepared and delivered food.
Am looking forward to Saturday.

• Visited October 2013
paris
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best restaurant I've been to.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Certainly the best in marrakech and I've been to most of the top ones according to tripadvisor. I had the linguine with prawns and my fiancé had the mado steak, both were incredible, the steak especially. We shared profiteroles for dessert and they were far superior to any I've had even in France. Outstanding service too. And the meal costed us around £30 so it was incredibly well
priced for the quality. This place deserves a Michelin star.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank umberg
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, good food & service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Found this restaurant in tripadvisor, and the reviews were good. Very clean and modern decor. The food was tasty and the portion size was more than enough. Beer a little pricey at 50-70 dirhams for a small bottle, wine was 200-400 per bottle. Complimentary limoncello after our meal which was a nice touch. They list it as a French restaurant, but there was a fair bit of Italian on the menu too. The dishes were mainly fish.

• Visited September 2013