“A wonderful experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Nasreen

You added Riad Nasreen to your Saves list
Riad Nasreen
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   44 - 45 Derb Zemrane Bab Doukala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #181 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stayed in this exquisite Riad. Rooms, hospitality, cuisine, were all more than satisfactory. The staff are very helpful and extremely pleasant. We always looked forward to breakfast - what a spread! Location is convenient as it is fairly close to the main square and taxi rank is minutes away. If you want to experience a Riad - this is the one!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while in Marrakech and were very happy with the quality of the room, the beautiful interior of the riad and also the convenient location, in the old town of the city. Great place!

• Stayed June 2013
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in this riad for a week during April-May. The place is extremely clean and the rooms are very nice. The interior is beautiful with typical Moroccan mosaics. The place is nicely situated in the medina very close to Dar Al-Basha and with about 10 minutes walk to Jaam Al-fanna. Breakfast was not so enticing but sufficient. However, the dinner is the best that I had in Marrakech so I had dinner at the riad for five nights. I highly recommend the Tajina with artichokes; out of this world. Mohammed the manager was very helpful and had ideas about everything. The cleaning ladies were fantastic and so wonderful. They even washed my dirty clothes without asking them to do so. I feel guilty not leaving them tips upon my departure because I did not have any more dirhams left but will definitely go back to pay what I owe. Hisham and Nabeel were also nice and helpful. There is nothing negative about this place and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

From the moment we stepped into the Riad, you feel like you are in your own little oasis from all the hustle and bustle of the medina streets! The courtyard, the rooms, the roof terrace were all beautifully designed and in keeping with the Moroccan tradition! The food at the Riad was the best we had during our stay! The breakfast was plentiful and varied! And the tagine’s were exceptional and very good value for money! Mohammed the manager was amazing, and catered to all our needs including providing the best advice on what to go see, arranging our excursions, and also organising for a surprise birthday cake for my wife! The team of cleaners, cooks etc were lovely, tentative, and you really did feel a part of the family! We will definitely be going back to this Riad (and even more so if Mohammed gets planning permission for the swimming pool on the roof terrace!).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Four ladies staying at the riad nasreen for a long weekend in Marrakech. Didn't know what to expect but was pleasantly suprised when we entered the riad. It is a beautiful building; Mohamed made us very welcome; greeted with mint tea and biscuit, and provided useful local information to make our trip more enjoyable. The staff working at the riad were very helpful and friendly too. We shared a room; and was once again pleasantly suprised. It was very clean, well kept and comfortable. A safe was provided at no extra cost. The roof terrace was beautiful and a very enticing place to relax after a day in the souk. The riad organised return transport to and from the airport - nothing was too much trouble for them to ensure our stay was perfect. I would definately stay at this riad again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This place couldn't be better located. At first when we were taken through the backstreets I was questioning whether I had booked the right place for our trip but that was answered the minute we entered the Riad. A lovely, peaceful place amidst the hustle and bustle of the old city. The rooftop was especially great during the afternoon sun. Mohammed (Owner) made the trip a breeze by providing us with helpful information and was genuinely welcoming. The staff working there were very nice too. Me and my friends had a great couple of days at the Nasreen. The place is excellent, no question about it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Morogoro, Morogoro, Tanzania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I visited Morocco for 2 weeks recently with a family group. We traveled around Morocco on our own, and stayed in riads, hostels, and traveler's hotels. Riad Nasreen was by far the best accommodation of our trip. It was an exceptional experience and would have been on any trip, anywhere. We loved our rooms, and, as others have mentioned, the quiet calm of the place after the bustle of the nearby souks. It is beautifully decorated, has a friendly and professional staff, and our host, Mohammed, couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful. We tested this when we wanted to change our itinerary at the last minute. He made it so easy. I can honestly say I've never had a more pleasant experience with an inn keeper. He truly embodied the often used, often abused saying: "My house is your house." The public spaces in the Riad are beautiful, welcoming and easy to enjoy. The food was excellent. We had several wonderful, sunny mornings on the rooftop at breakfast, which was abundant and fresh. I reccommend that if you stay at Nasreen, you make a point of enjoying a dinner there, too. It was one of the best meals of our trip. I hope to return to Marrakesh, and will stay at Riad Nasreen when I do.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the main halls,there are 6 in the riad, and these were fine. The entire riad is pret...