“A year later, and I still love and miss this Riad.” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Reves D'orient
44 derd abib allah | Medina - quartier mouassine, Marrakech 44008, Morocco   |
Ranked #123 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Nashville, Tennessee
“A year later, and I still love and miss this Riad.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

The experience at Riad Reves D' orient did not fully move through me until after I got on the plane to return to the states. I tend to not fully feel all the senses of a new experience until it's over. This time the feelings were, "I wish I never left."

This Riad provided comfort, charm, ancient yet modern beauty, tradition, and wonderful Moroccan hospitality. The exotic beauty of Moroccan culture, people, architecture, design, the quiet inside and the laughter outside, and especially a beautiful Moroccan woman who I will never forget (she knows who she is). I want to come back, alone, and stay long enough to fully experience all the aromas, tastes, the breeze, the beauty of rooftop flowers and vines, and a massage I remember like yesterday. It was so wonderful I had another, days later.

In the mornings the coffee and rooftop breakfast were perfect, and every person at the Riad seemed as if they were there only for me, yet I'm sure everyone who stays there would say the same. I want to come back this year. I was there in April of 2013, a bit over a year ago.

I came to meet an American woman I did not know, became friends with her, yet, instead, I fell in love with the people of Marrakech, and the new "friends" (staff) of the Riad Reves D'orient, especially one beautiful Moroccan woman whose courtesy, smile, and inner beauty seemed like a dream.

John

Room Tip: Please note: I checked April 2014 because the website did not scroll to Aoril 2013.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

344 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We loved this Riad. With only 4 bedrooms and 5 staff, we felt very special indeed. The Riad has all the character of a 300+ year old traditional house with the luxury large, comforable bedrooms and clean / functional ensuites.

We had dinner on the terrace and enjoyed a home cooked feast. Delicious.

Finally, our hostess was amazing. She really went out of her way for us to ensure we were looked after. We only had 2 nights here but wished we had stayed longer. This place is truely wonderful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stayed in this Riad with a friend for about 5 nights and couldn't have asked for anything more. The accommodation comprised of 2 spacious, well appointed bedrooms and a huge bathroom with the best shower I had seen in Morocco. The Riad is beautiful inside with the rooms placed around a central courtyard. All meals were provided if they were wanted, plus the helpful staff assisted with any requests with regard to personal services and shopping advice. Mustafa showed us how to get to the Jemaa El Fna square without getting lost and made sure that we knew how to get back to the Riad. He organised our dinner at the Dar Es Salam Restaurant and this was a great night out - fabulous dinner and Moroccan music. We came in late nearly every night and a wonderful man whose name I have forgotten was on hand to open the door when we arrived back to the Riad. Everyone in the Riad made sure that we had what we wanted or needed.
The Riad was well located and in a quiet area. It was in the Medina and about 5 minutes from the action so really easy to walk to and from the square. I can recommend it as a superb place to stay.

Room Tip: Undoubtedly the 2 room suite if it's in your budget but all rooms are good.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jaipur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We hired both this Riad and the Princesse Du Desert (run by the same family)- for a conference of young social entrepreneurs and the staff and hotels helped to make it an incredible stay for everyone - truly nothing was too much trouble, lovely lovely people and really amazing romantic rooms PLUS R'eves D'orient has a fantastic terrace complete with jacuzzi!! Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am a frequent traveler and this was by far my favorite hotel stay ever! I traveled with my mum and sister and we felt so welcome by everyone it was as if we were in our own home! Everyone at Riad Reves D'orient was sweet and kind and would go out of their way for us. The hotel itself is absolutely beautiful and makes you want to spend a day just lounging around having tea and hanging out in the hotel. We had considered staying at a modern hotel chain, but we're so glad we didn't! We would have missed out on meeting these wonderful people, Samira, Yasin and Yousef, and we would have missed out on being in a Morrocan style home with beautiful architecture and lovely people. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea are served whenever you want! You don't get that at a chain hotel. The Riad is also very close to all the markets and the Jamaa Al Fna and everything is within walking distance. All in all, we were delighted with the Riad and it's wonderful staff and wouldn't think twice about staying there again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Marrakech is wonderful. Of special note is Mustapha, our host in the Riad. The accommodations are very nice but Mustapha made it special, including making sure we understand how to find our way to the main plaza and back. If the weather permits don't forget to lounge on the roof, although they do charge for the hot tub.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

At first walking to the road I thought where have I booked! Then we were welcomed by Mustafa, who sat us down and we enjoyed mint tea and biscuits. He immediately made us feel so welcome. We stayed in the Amber room, lovely ambient room. Mustafa was like a brother always making sure we were ok, recommending places and things to do. First day he walked us to the square showing us key land marks for walking back to the Riad.
Breakfast was very fresh and very tasty. I loved the crepes and fig jam.On our last night we enjoyed dinner and it was so fresh and tasty. It was nice to meet Samira who owns the road. I felt like I was visiting family. It was so quiet and comfortable.
I will definitely be coming back! Thank you for the most memorable stay..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Reves D'orient? Share your experiences!