“A Great Riad with a Passionate Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Reves D'orient
44 derd abib allah | Medina - quartier mouassine, Marrakech 44008, Morocco   |
Ranked #151 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“A Great Riad with a Passionate Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I really liked everything about my stay at Riad Reves d'Orient! The staff there are amazing;Mustapha, Youssef and AbdulHadi always made sure that we are having a great time. Samira and her sisters were very welcoming too.
Prior to our arrival, we informed the staff with all the activities that we would like to engage in during our stay in Marrakech. They did a great job with the organization and indeed we were able to enjoy all the activities. The breakfast was always ready at the time we previously agreed on. Overall, Riad Reve d'Orient was up to my expectations and all the reviews that I read here before arriving at Marrakech are indeed truthful and authentic. I would definitely stay there again during my next visit! Thank you Mustapha and the whole staff for the wonderful 3 days :-)

Ayat

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My girlfriends and I recently stayed at the Riad Reves D'Orient in Marrakech in November 2013. Once we got over the initial trepidation of walking through many narrow endless lanes to reach the Riad, we were greeted by Samira and her team of capable staff. Immediately they made us feel special in their "home" giving us a lovely room to accomodate all 3 of us. We were then given a quick guide of how to get to and from the Riad to the main square. While this Riad is about 10 -15 minutes from the entrance and to the square, we soon found our feet and were quite at home here. Our new friends, especially the young and talented Youssef took great trouble to greet us everyday and to spend a few minutes with us each day.
Youssef is a charming young man with many talents. Funny, engaging, informative and downright helpful. Having someone like him, who speaks good English and with a good idea of Marrakech and Morocco in general, is invaluable!
The icing on the cake was the lovely hammam and massage performed by the girls at the Riad. Thank you for such a wonderful experience. Even the Chef went out of her way to make dinner the way we liked it!
I would definately encourage others to try out Samira and her wonderful Riads. The personal touches are indeed a gift!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Forest Hills, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at Samira Riad's location #44 from August 8, 2013 - August 16, 2013. I traveled to Morocco for pleasure and I am a 30 year professional from Forest Hills, New York. I traveled alone.

Any room at Samira Riad's is EXCELLENT! Granted she owns and operates 3 or 4 riad's and I stayed at #44, but all of the rooms in #44 were extremely nice, clean and cozy. I peaked in the other rooms when nobody was staying in them because the design and architecture of each room is unique and they were all gorgeous. All rooms have beautiful walk in marble showers which I thought were very cool by design. Rooms also come with electronic safes like you find in resort hotels, flat screen TVs, couches, ample closet space and wall AC units with remote controls. The staff is very attentive, they all speak English and are there for any questions you may have. If you need food they will prepare it fresh or if you have any questions about the city they can answer them. I even had my laundry done free of charge which was very nice of them and they had it washed, folded and back in my room within 24 hours.

My tour company My Moroccan Tours was in touch with the care takers at the riad and the staff was able to let me know what time and where I would meet my tour. They had breakfast prepared for me every morning based on the time that I told them I would wake. All the food is extremely fresh. Fresh bread, butter, jam, marmalade, orange juice, coffee or tea and eggs. Yogurt would be the only food item that was packaged. The location at #44 is VERY SAFE and VERY QUIET. The riad is located in the heart of the Medina which is the old city in Marrakech and where you would want to be. I was a 5-7 minute walk from Jamaa El Fna which is the main square in Marrakech. Shops and restaurants are located all throughout the streets on the way to the square. You can come back to the riad at any time during the night as the streets of Marrakech are VERY SAFE despite the narrow alleyways which being from Forest Hills, New York were a bit different from what I am used to seeing; but agagin ALL STREETS in the Medina are VERY SAFE. No one will bother you no matter what time it is.

I also want to state that you can lock your important items i.e. Travel documents, passports, money and suitcase in the riad while you embark on short terms trips to other areas of Morocco that require overnight stays and you will come back to find them as you left them. Your room will be cleaned just like if you were staying at a high end resort and all your personal belongings will be as you left them.

Pics of my room at #44 are below as well as other parts of the riad that I stayed. I highly recommend Samira Riad's to anyone interested in traveling to Marrakech. The staff is very professional and the service is superb. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Any room at Samira Riad's is nice. I stayed at location #44. Pictures below please read my des...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

LOCATION: This riad is not close to a gate or super close to Djemaa el fna, but it is about a 15 minute walk from Bab Laksour (a gate into the medina) and 10-15 minutes from Djemaa el fna. On a main 'street' just outside derb abib Allah (the street entrance heading to the riad) is Café Arabe and a few other restaurants are only a few minutes away. There are souk-like shops just a few minutes away, closer than Djemaa el fna and the major souks. The first time you learn the route to the riad, it is super easy to find.

BEDROOM: We stayed in Suite Saphir. It is smaller than it appears in the photos. The room with two beds was difficult to regulate the air conditioner in such a small room. It was either super warm or cold. The staff is very helpful in assisting you to adjust the air conditioner though. The room is very dim, but this is typical of all riads. The décor is absolutely beautiful. There are lots of hand carvings all over, including around the door way and furniture. Very extravagant.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was very spacious. It included a toilet, shower, two sinks and a bidet. No different from many Moroccan sinks and drains, the water is slow to drain; and the(detachable) shower head is low pressure. There is lots of hot water available. They provide you with lots of fresh towels.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast is prepared fresh for you. Most of it is the same every day with bread, jams, yogurt, fresh orange juice, mint tea, coffee, sometimes egg etc.

WI-FI: Wi-Fi reception on my laptop was excellent from inside the room.

TV: A tv was available in the room but the reception was not good, so the tv was of no use. All the stations were in Arabic or French.

STAFF: When we arrived the staff sat down with us and made small talk. We thought that was nice because it made us feel like they had a genuine interest in us. They served us mint tea and biscuits. They explained the map to us, and even walked us out to help us with directions to djemaa el fna. When we wanted them to recommend a restaurant for dinner, a staff walked nearly 20 minutes plus with us so we wouldn't get lost. They even helped us with laundry arrangements. Whenever we had any issues, they resolved it. Whenever we had any questions or requests, they were there for us. They never had a negative response. It seemed they were ready to accomodate anything. The staff take great pride in their riad and their work. Our thanks to Mustapha, Ghizlan and Samira.

We recommend this riad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean beautiful decor and moustafa so helpful with everything even showing us where to eat. Breakfast taken on the terrace was the highlight every morning. We had three teenagers with us and they found everything very luxurious they shared the perle Lorient suite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kosice, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My Husband, kids and I stayed here in June. The Riad is beautiful, tranquil and all the staff were lovely. I fully recommend taking the taxi transfer organised through the Riad, as you will be highly unlikely to find it on your own, furthermore a man with a barrow / hand cart transports your luggage which is most helpful. We did see a few tourists pulling cases looking lost and fed up, you truly don't want to be that person or family!
Our room was beautiful and I would highly recommend it to families as our kids had a separate twin bedded mini room within our room. The decor was beautiful and so much attention to detail.
The roof terrace was perfect and tranquil, we ate breakfast there which was fresh and delicous, and relaxed after a long day trailing round Marrakech.
My kids liked the hot tub on the roof too. The Riad is quiet and feels far away from the hustle and bustle , but was a few minutes walk from the Souk and then on to the Main Square.
My initial reaction was that I would never find my way to and from the Riad, but we were given the best instructions and walked to the main square noting landmarks on the way by Mustapha, who was wonderful.
I loved our trip and I am so glad we stayed here. I highly recommend this Riad. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Mostapha and everyone else at Riad Reves d'Orient made for a perfect stay in Marrakech! Mostapha went above and beyond to ensure I knew exactly what was going on, and was in communication with my tour guide and taxi transport to the airport. Breakfast in the morning was filling and delicious. I even had the opportunity to have a traditional Moroccan meal cooked for me in the Riad. The rooms are beautiful and extremely clean. I stayed on the main floor and despite other people coming and going, I had no issues sleeping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Riad Reves D'orient? Share your experiences!