“Samira Riads - EXCELLENT ACCOMODATIONS” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Reves D'orient
44 derd abib allah | Medina - quartier mouassine, Marrakech 44008, Morocco   |
Ranked #144 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Forest Hills, New York
“Samira Riads - EXCELLENT ACCOMODATIONS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed at Samira Riad's location #44 from August 8, 2013 - August 16, 2013. I traveled to Morocco for pleasure and I am a 30 year professional from Forest Hills, New York. I traveled alone.

Any room at Samira Riad's is EXCELLENT! Granted she owns and operates 3 or 4 riad's and I stayed at #44, but all of the rooms in #44 were extremely nice, clean and cozy. I peaked in the other rooms when nobody was staying in them because the design and architecture of each room is unique and they were all gorgeous. All rooms have beautiful walk in marble showers which I thought were very cool by design. Rooms also come with electronic safes like you find in resort hotels, flat screen TVs, couches, ample closet space and wall AC units with remote controls. The staff is very attentive, they all speak English and are there for any questions you may have. If you need food they will prepare it fresh or if you have any questions about the city they can answer them. I even had my laundry done free of charge which was very nice of them and they had it washed, folded and back in my room within 24 hours.

My tour company My Moroccan Tours was in touch with the care takers at the riad and the staff was able to let me know what time and where I would meet my tour. They had breakfast prepared for me every morning based on the time that I told them I would wake. All the food is extremely fresh. Fresh bread, butter, jam, marmalade, orange juice, coffee or tea and eggs. Yogurt would be the only food item that was packaged. The location at #44 is VERY SAFE and VERY QUIET. The riad is located in the heart of the Medina which is the old city in Marrakech and where you would want to be. I was a 5-7 minute walk from Jamaa El Fna which is the main square in Marrakech. Shops and restaurants are located all throughout the streets on the way to the square. You can come back to the riad at any time during the night as the streets of Marrakech are VERY SAFE despite the narrow alleyways which being from Forest Hills, New York were a bit different from what I am used to seeing; but agagin ALL STREETS in the Medina are VERY SAFE. No one will bother you no matter what time it is.

I also want to state that you can lock your important items i.e. Travel documents, passports, money and suitcase in the riad while you embark on short terms trips to other areas of Morocco that require overnight stays and you will come back to find them as you left them. Your room will be cleaned just like if you were staying at a high end resort and all your personal belongings will be as you left them.

Pics of my room at #44 are below as well as other parts of the riad that I stayed. I highly recommend Samira Riad's to anyone interested in traveling to Marrakech. The staff is very professional and the service is superb. I really enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Any room at Samira Riad's is nice. I stayed at location #44. Pictures below please read my des...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

LOCATION: This riad is not close to a gate or super close to Djemaa el fna, but it is about a 15 minute walk from Bab Laksour (a gate into the medina) and 10-15 minutes from Djemaa el fna. On a main 'street' just outside derb abib Allah (the street entrance heading to the riad) is Café Arabe and a few other restaurants are only a few minutes away. There are souk-like shops just a few minutes away, closer than Djemaa el fna and the major souks. The first time you learn the route to the riad, it is super easy to find.

BEDROOM: We stayed in Suite Saphir. It is smaller than it appears in the photos. The room with two beds was difficult to regulate the air conditioner in such a small room. It was either super warm or cold. The staff is very helpful in assisting you to adjust the air conditioner though. The room is very dim, but this is typical of all riads. The décor is absolutely beautiful. There are lots of hand carvings all over, including around the door way and furniture. Very extravagant.

BATHROOM: The bathroom was very spacious. It included a toilet, shower, two sinks and a bidet. No different from many Moroccan sinks and drains, the water is slow to drain; and the(detachable) shower head is low pressure. There is lots of hot water available. They provide you with lots of fresh towels.

BREAKFAST: Breakfast is prepared fresh for you. Most of it is the same every day with bread, jams, yogurt, fresh orange juice, mint tea, coffee, sometimes egg etc.

WI-FI: Wi-Fi reception on my laptop was excellent from inside the room.

TV: A tv was available in the room but the reception was not good, so the tv was of no use. All the stations were in Arabic or French.

STAFF: When we arrived the staff sat down with us and made small talk. We thought that was nice because it made us feel like they had a genuine interest in us. They served us mint tea and biscuits. They explained the map to us, and even walked us out to help us with directions to djemaa el fna. When we wanted them to recommend a restaurant for dinner, a staff walked nearly 20 minutes plus with us so we wouldn't get lost. They even helped us with laundry arrangements. Whenever we had any issues, they resolved it. Whenever we had any questions or requests, they were there for us. They never had a negative response. It seemed they were ready to accomodate anything. The staff take great pride in their riad and their work. Our thanks to Mustapha, Ghizlan and Samira.

We recommend this riad.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very clean beautiful decor and moustafa so helpful with everything even showing us where to eat. Breakfast taken on the terrace was the highlight every morning. We had three teenagers with us and they found everything very luxurious they shared the perle Lorient suite.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kosice, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My Husband, kids and I stayed here in June. The Riad is beautiful, tranquil and all the staff were lovely. I fully recommend taking the taxi transfer organised through the Riad, as you will be highly unlikely to find it on your own, furthermore a man with a barrow / hand cart transports your luggage which is most helpful. We did see a few tourists pulling cases looking lost and fed up, you truly don't want to be that person or family!
Our room was beautiful and I would highly recommend it to families as our kids had a separate twin bedded mini room within our room. The decor was beautiful and so much attention to detail.
The roof terrace was perfect and tranquil, we ate breakfast there which was fresh and delicous, and relaxed after a long day trailing round Marrakech.
My kids liked the hot tub on the roof too. The Riad is quiet and feels far away from the hustle and bustle , but was a few minutes walk from the Souk and then on to the Main Square.
My initial reaction was that I would never find my way to and from the Riad, but we were given the best instructions and walked to the main square noting landmarks on the way by Mustapha, who was wonderful.
I loved our trip and I am so glad we stayed here. I highly recommend this Riad. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Mostapha and everyone else at Riad Reves d'Orient made for a perfect stay in Marrakech! Mostapha went above and beyond to ensure I knew exactly what was going on, and was in communication with my tour guide and taxi transport to the airport. Breakfast in the morning was filling and delicious. I even had the opportunity to have a traditional Moroccan meal cooked for me in the Riad. The rooms are beautiful and extremely clean. I stayed on the main floor and despite other people coming and going, I had no issues sleeping.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is the most unique and beautiful hotel i have ever stayed in,the attention to detail is incredible. It is located in a maze 10min from the main square so its really peaceful but organise an airport pick up or you will never find it. Samira was a wonderful host providing restaurant recommendations, booking trips and organising a cooking lesson in the riad kitchen. Breakfast on the roof was the best way to start the day.

• Stayed May 2013
Sherborne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

A great place to stay. The staff are really friendly and Samira was a great host. It's a lovely quite Riad away from the hustle and bustle of the market. The rooms are great - we stayed in the Pierre de Lune Suite on the second floor and it was lovely. I'll be recommending it to any friends thinking of visiting Marrakech.

Room Tip: I wouldn't choose the room on the bottom floor just because it must be quiet noisy. Plus request...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Reves D'orient? Share your experiences!