“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Louisville, Kentucky
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We recently traveled to Marrakech and found this wonderful riad through trip advisor. We were a little concerned on our way to the riad, because you travel through the medina on foot and there are many twists and turns through small alleyways. But all worries disappeared the moment we entered the building. It's like a palace inside, and the staff is so friendly and accommodating! They had a cab driver meet us at the airport, and had someone meet us outside the medina to get our bags and bring us to the riad, otherwise we would have never found it. They were able to help us arrange to get cabs to the palace and the gardens and when we left for the airport. There were four of us, so we had a suite, and it was just beautiful. The food was fantastic! We also had massages and really enjoyed them. We had the pleasure of getting to know the owner and she is just amazing. I highly recommend Riad Reves D'orient. I would suggest that you contact the owner and book through her. I know the booking agency used when you go through the website takes about 25%. Absolutely LOVED IT!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ashland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughters and I took a short trip to Marrakech while visiting Madrid and are obsessed with this Riad and it's proprietor, Samira. Samira is an absolutely amazine hostess! From the minute we landed in Marrakech she took care of everything. She arranged to have someone meet us at the airport (which I would recommend to anyone as you'd never find this Riad on your own). The whole place is beautifully appointed and our suite was large, comfortable and very quiet. Samira took care of our every need and she was a delight to talk to and visit with- teaching us much about her culture. She arranged to have someone walk with us each time we went out as it was a little intimidating (especially at night) and also arranged a driver for us to tour the city and visit some of the places we wanted to see. We enjoyed a lovely breakfast (which comes with the room) and the staff fixed us an excellent early dinner/late lunch before we left for the airport. We were also able to squeeze in a massage in the spa before dinner and even though it was way past check out, Samira provided a room for us to shower and dress for our flight back to Spain. The roof top terrace was delightful and our whole experience was unforgettable. We only wished that we had planned more time in this oasis of tranquility. I am extremely choosy about accomodations and I would highly recommend this Riad.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Saphire suite and it was perfect for myself and three adult daughters.
Pordenone, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We arrived at the Riad after a one week family travel around Morocco. It has been not so easy to find it out but it is really near the center of Medina.
Our suite was simply perfect: two very elegant rooms and a gorgeous bathrooms (salle de bain).
The whole riad is really nice and quite unforgettable. The terrace above is very relaxing.
Staff was all very very friendly and helpfull. We had had a fantastic dinner with a superb "poullet au citron".
Thanks Samira!

Fabio & Claudia

Wakefield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Riad Reves d’ Orient
This is a lovely riad just minutes from the bustle of the souks but once inside you would never imagine how close you are to the action, the place is an oasis of peace and quiet. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful and their cooking, should you eat in, is terrific (and very good value).
If you enjoy the food try the optional cookery lesson and make your own lunch in the kitchen, with careful supervision I made three courses in the space of a couple of hours of the most delicious Moroccan dishes.
One word of warning, if you book this riad they will be offer to arrange a taxi and transfer from the airport. Take it. You’ll never find the place otherwise but once there it is easy to get in and out and the whole of the medina is within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Princessedudesert, Propriétaire at Riad Reves D'orient, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear Peter & Familly

We are very pleased to read your comments ...Thank you.

We will be very happy to welcome you again at "Riad Reves D'orient"

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I really enjoyed this riad. Stylishly appointed, very good food - tagine can get a bit samey but it's excellent here - and the staff are extremely willing and helpful. The walk at night can appear a little daunting but we experienced no problems. Might be better to stay above ground floor level as the central area can get noisy but that's a minor blip. I'd recommend this place.

Room Tip: Ask not to be on the ground floor, avoids the noise of the central area
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Princessedudesert, Propriétaire at Riad Reves D'orient, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear customers

We are very pleased to read your comments ...Thank you very much

We will be very happy to welcome you again at Riad Princesse Desert.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a tad late which I apologize. I stayed at the Riad for 2+ nights about a month back. Beautiful decor and rooms. But I would be remiss if I didn't mention what impressed me most...the service. The staff was more than accommodating with a wide-range of assistance to me. This included:

- on my arrival, orientating me on the location of the riad and walking me to and fro to Jemaa el-Fnaa square so I could get my bearings,
- having dinner awaiting me late after hours after a long day out sightseeing,
- waiting to meet me at a particular time outside the square to assist me back to the riad, and
- when arranging (and help) with an early AM hot-air balloon flight, waking up extremely early to walk with me (solo traveler) through the streets in the dark and await the transport pick-up (mind you I had a few bad experiences in Fes, hence the trepidation).
- allowing me gratis use of a guest room my final day since I had a late night flight out of Casablanca

All of this and more was so very, very much appreciated. I am greatly thankful for Mustafa's help and assistance in particular. Shukran bezaf (please forgive any misspellings).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear customers

We are very pleased to read your comments ...Thank you very much

We will be very happy to welcome you again at Riad Reves D'orient

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Riad is friendly, clean, beautiful and confortable. I stayed only 1 night, but Samira, an owner, took care of my friend and myself very much. I felt the Riad were my home(everyone can be relaxed.) The place is very closed to medina(a bit complicated place, so it's better to ask the Riad to take you there). I really want to go there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Reves D'orient? Share your experiences!