“Greaaaaaaaat!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #155 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Derby, United Kingdom
“Greaaaaaaaat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Riad is friendly, clean, beautiful and confortable. I stayed only 1 night, but Samira, an owner, took care of my friend and myself very much. I felt the Riad were my home(everyone can be relaxed.) The place is very closed to medina(a bit complicated place, so it's better to ask the Riad to take you there). I really want to go there again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

346 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stayed at the Riad for a few days in August 2012. We found the rooms to be very quaint and the staff to be exceptionally friendly. Locating the Riad can be a little on the tricky side, althoug Samira and Manuelmet on the way (massive help). With this said, once you get to the Riad, its very easy to find again.

We (myself, my sister and a friend) were treated exceptionally well. We were met upon our arrival with tea (please note mint tea is the tea of choice in marrakech, if ou want normal tea u have to ask for lipton). The staff were very warm and would bend over backwards for us, particularly SeMohammed (aka Semore) who went everywhere with us. He was like a little brother that we discovered on a different continent. Its a very family orientated amosphere and we were treated like family. Just want to say many thanks to Samira, Semore, Manuel, Yusuf and everyone who made our stay so wonderful. Miss you guys lots! x

Michelle!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Princessedudesert, Propriétaire at Riad Reves D'orient, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear customers

We are very pleased to read your comments ...Thank you very much

We will be very happy to welcome you again at Riad Reves D'orient
Sincerely.

Samira and her team.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

We came to Marrakech for our honeymoon. I was a little unsure on how to get to the Riad at first. But out of the blue Samira contacted me and offered to send a taxi to meet us at the train station and take us to the Riad. Upon arriving at the Riad we were greeted by Samira and crew. Our bags were taken to our wonderfully comfortable and clean room. We were offered Mint tea and some cookies, and then offered a guide, Munir, to take us to a restaurant. The entire time we were there the staff was more then friendly and accommodating. This was the highlight of our trip. We are already recommending this place to our friends

• Stayed August 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

This ryad is exceptionally well located (once you find it) near the souks and within very easy walking distance to the Place Jemaa el Fna. It is one of the most charming and luxurious ryads we stayed in during our 3-week visit to Morocco, with a wonderfully warm and helpful staff (including helping with dietary restrictions at breakfast). We would definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during late June early July. We couldn't have asked for more. We we're treated like royalty. The owners sister looked after us throughout are stay, and was just so sweet and attentive. The breakfast was extravagant and scrumptious. The riad itself was truly beautiful. It was obvious so much time had been invested in the interior. One evening we got back after dinner and wanted a dip in the jacuzzi, they rushed to turn it on and gave us complementary robes along with a pot of green tea. This was a much needed retreat after the maze of souks. At the end of our stay she arranged us our Bus to our next destination, her son also guided us to the taxis and negotiated a far price. I can honestly say this is the best places I've stayed. Highly recommended to everyone

Room Tip: We were the only ones there bar one evening, and she showed us the other rooms. I imagine there woul...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

I spent a couple of nights in this riad. My room was wonderful and the bathroom was a good size and included amenities such as a hairdryer (not all riads have them), lovely rose scented soap and fluffy towels. The bed was very comfortable, the riad was quiet and I slept very well there.
I had breakfast on the lovely roof terrace one day and another day on the ground floor just so I could experience the different areas of the riad; all where delightful. I felt very at home here and would not hesitate to recommend this riad.
The main square is only about 10 minutes away and I suggest that the first time you go there from the riad, ask one of the staff to walk you there so you know how to get around the streets of the medina. ALL medinas can be a challenge at first but once you get the hang of the streets and look for your landmarks of where to turn it is easy. Also take the address card from the riad and their phone # in case you need to call and ask for help to get back. There are public phone boxes in the main square. Day one I was a little turned around and missed my turn off to get back to the riad but I asked someone for directions and they helped; I had walked 10 feet past the turn off. I felt silly but the locals where very helpful. After day one I was easily able to find my way to the square, back to the riad and to a few other places. My trick is to take a photo of a landmark at each turn so I have something to reference should I need to. Luckily I didn't need to but doing this made me take notice of my surroundings. It is also helpful in any medina in any city to hire a guide for a couple of hours so they can show you around and help you get acquainted with the area.
On the main lane near this road is a great restaurant called Cafe Arabe. Fabulous for lunch or dinner.
In summation, Samira and her family will take care of you at Riad Reves D'orient and I hope you enjoy your stay there as much as I did. I will stay there again when I visit Marrakech.
I spent 13 days traveling around the country of Morocco so if you need any help or suggestions, please message me.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I recently stayed at this Riad for a night and have to say was very disappointed given our previous experience with a Riad in Marrakech. The room we were was so dark you could barely see anything in the room. The rooms are clean, but on the whole it is extremely overpriced for what it has to offer. Don't bother with the 'spa', I would find an actual spa where there are trained masseuses. Their 'pool' is just a jacuzzi on the roof. The upside is that the staff is lovely, and it is located close to the souks and the main square.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Riad Reves D'orient? Share your experiences!