“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad La Rose D'Orient

You added Riad La Rose D'Orient to your Saves list
Riad La Rose D'Orient
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17-18 derb draoua-sidi soussan-medina | Bab Lalla Aouda Saadia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #228 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Brighton England
“Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

We stayed 7 days at the Riad and had a super time ,the food was brilliant and we ate here most days ,the rooms were beautiful and very well kept , the bathrooms were lovely and clean .We are so happy that we stayed here in the warm company of Joce and Mose who made us feel welcome at this home away from home .I would recommend it to any one travelling with or without a family . I will go there again once was not enough ..My Mother who was with me enjoyed every moment of being at the Riad

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

They say 'third time lucky' and for my third visit to Marrakech (and my girlfriend's first) we chose this Riad, mainly because of a combination of good pricing and positive customer reviews. we couldn't have done better. Joce and Moice are the epitome of Lebanese hospitality - warm, friendly, good natured and good humoured people who will gladly go out of their way to help you if at all possible. The Riad itself is superb, clean, well decorated, and with many little touches that just added to the general feel-good factor that surrounds this property.
Te location is (by Marrakech standards) one of the easiest I have found, although I would recommend you let the owners arrange your transfers to and from the Riad (at very reasonable prices). A little French goes a long way in Marrakech, but Joce has pretty good English and arranged a car for us for the day at a good rate after my original arrangements fell over.
We loved the room, and the little extras (like spa-quality bathrobes and a scattering of rose petals in the bathroom) were lovely. Their kitchen staff are very attentive, and it's well worth eating there at least once during your stay.
Despite the fact the Riad is almost next door to a school, we found it to be really quiet most of the time (bearing in mind you're never more than 100m from a mosque in Marrakech, particularly in the Medina). Like anywhere else in Marrakech, you need to pick out landmarks as navigation aids, but this place is comparatively simple to find, both by car and on foot.
Everyone should visit Marrakech once, and after a day of craziness in the centre, this was the perfect little haven to return to each evening. By far my favourite place to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I would like to start off by saying that the Riad was very clean, quaint and relaxing. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The food at the Riad was excellent. The details of roses and rose petals were refreshing, the sun-deck was pleasant in the afternoons, and the bathrooms were luxurious with fluffy bathrobes.

This is my issue: I do not speak French or Arabic. I speak English and Spanish. NO ONE of the entire staff that I encountered spoke English or Spanish. The owners spoke English, but were present only intermittantly.

When I tried to get to the Riad, the taxi driver took me and my friend to a round-about plaza area, thinking that this is where we asked to go even after showing him the printed-out address. He did not know where the Riad was. He started asking every random group on the street where the place was - no one knew. We asked to go back to the train station. At the station, I called the Riad and NO ONE SPOKE ENGLISH to help us get there. We tried another taxi, again showing him the exact address. He took us to the exact same plaza and started asking the same groups of people on the street. One man decided to get in our taxi to show us. He said he knew where the place was. We got out of the cab with him (I did NOT feel safe), and he took us for a 10-minute walk to the Riad. It was all and all, very stressful.

I believe that the Riad should have one English-speaker at all times on the premise. Otherwise, if you don't know French or Arabic, find another place! There are plenty of options!!!

On another note, it was loud at night (kids in the street and mopeds buzzing) and roosters start calling at 4am and don't stop til late morning. I never had a good night sleep!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Moisejoce, Propriétaire at Riad La Rose D'Orient, responded to this review, June 11, 2010
With all the respect we owe to our clients, it's our duty to answer back to this message
which we found tough and unjustified specially with report to the services and attention
offered to all our clients without any exception:

After all let us thank this clients for her compliments at the beginning of her message:

-The problem concerning their arrival by taxi, is not our fault, as it is mentioned that we offer
the transfer from the airport to the Riad, in view to avoid this kind of problems, or else, a
phone call (the numbers on the website before leaving) to ask for the exact way and adresse,
which has not been done.

-As for the english language, we speak english but not all the employees

- The majority of our time we are at the Riad, we love having direct contact with our clients
and always try to do our gest to satisfy them, which so far explains our excellent position
at Tripadvisor.

-Most of our clients are anglophon and up to date we had no comments concerning the
language.
It could happend for some reason or another we had to be absent, but our employees are
always present and taking care of our guests for the well being.

-As for the children and the motorbyks, well this is out of our control, and let me remind you,
we are in the Medina, some people perhaps have no idea of what the Medina is...... on the
other hand, most of the clients we received were enchanted with this human relationship with
the children, and this ambiance they could not find elsewhere.
(Taste and coulours can't be discussed)

-As for the dick (rooster) sorry it's out of our control and this is part of the folklore...............

On the other hand, my husband had to go back late during the night to the Riad, to explain
to this lady, who refused to pay , insisting that she already paid on line at the time of
reservations, which is completely contrary to our regulations. When my husband explained
to her, she insisted on calling her bank first to be sure we are not trying to cheat on her,
this was realy humiliating and put a doubt on our HONESTY.

Very sorry we had to precise this problem, our work is very precious for us, we do it with
love and honesty, all comments are accepted whether good or bad, it is the reason for us to
go forward and excel in our job ,we must defend our interest and always make sure to
ameliorate our job for the well-bering and satifaction of our guests.
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

We spent the first four nights of a week's holiday here. We arrived in the dark, tired and hungry, and were greeted with smiles and delicious mint tea and biscuits. Our room (number 4) was lovely and there was lots of space (and lots of coat hangers)! The rose petals in the bathroom were a lovely touch, as were the robes. We were offered dinner on our arrival and had a lovely meal of morroccan salads, tagine and oranges with cinnamon - in candlelight with music and more rose petals... very romantic and a lovely start to the holiday.

All in all, the riad was a lovely haven from the busy Medina. It's about 10 minutes walk from the main square and although my partner was confident with the directions I think I would have been a little uncertain on my own, particularly in the dark. It was very safe though - and although we did make use of the (free) safe in our room, we never really felt that there was need to and left our room door unlocked while we were in the riad.

Breakfast was fine - bread, jam, fruit, pancakes, juice, coffee, water. The service was constantly excellent and very discreet. We only ate in the riad on our first night, other than breakfast - but this was not a reflection of the quality of the food, which was definitely up there with the best meals we ate.

There are sunloungers on the roof terraces of the riad, which we made use of in the afternoons. The riad generally was spotlessly clean and we really couldn't fault anything. I would definitely recommend this place to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

I was really nervous about staying at a riad with young children, and researched like crazy. In the end we chose to stay here after speaking to them on the phone. This place is fantastic. Stay in room 3, it has a little bed that was perfect for our six year old. The riad is brand new, but feels authentic and is decorated beautifully. Joce and Moise are fantastic, they are so kind and accomodating! We mentioned that we'd like to try moroccan crepes and the next day we had it for breakfast! The breakfast varied everyday. The location was very good, it's not scary and very close to a main road so we never got lost in a maze of alleys. We had dinner here most nights and it was delicious. There's wifi in the main area. There's a safe in the room as well, but you never feel insecure. It's like staying with good friends or family. Anything you need, any advice you want, don't hesitate to ask. And the mint tea at the riad was the best we had in Morocco. I highly highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
LEEDS UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

We stayed at the fantastic Rose D'Orient in rooms 2+3 and both were clean, bright and exactly what was pictured. The Riad was opened in Nov 2009 and the place is just superb. The attention to detail is everywhere, the level of cleanliness is better then home! The bleach is out every day, the house girls provide mint tea, local dishes for lunch and evening dinner.
The Riad is10 mins walk from the centre 'Place', but after a few hours in the souk you need to come back to the calm of the Riad, the 3x3mt dip pool is fantastic for cooling down.
The owners are a lovely couple, Joce cooked us a gourmet Lebanese dinner 1 night, all home made, fresh and tasty. Moise provided invaluable help in selecting other restaurants to eat in Marrakesh, we can highly recommend La Trattoria & Grand Cafe La Post.
For a short break it is an ideal place to stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
thaxterj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2010

I would recommend the Riad to anyone who is wanting that something beutiful and relaxing. The owners Moice and Joyce are amazingly friendly and kind and will ensure that your stay is very relaxing they are great hosts.
The staff there are wonderful and friendly the food is amazing I would advise anyone who stays there to eat there as much as you can because the food is top class what a culinary delight I have never eaten so mucha nd so well on a holiday.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad La Rose D'Orient? Share your experiences!