The Riad la Croix Berbere was a warm oasis of hospitality in Marrakech. While we didn't love the city itself the best of our tour of Morocco, we certainly loved our stay in this hotel.
When we arrived, a large family group had booked the rest of the riad, meaning it was quite noisy, with children playing and shouting a lot of the daytime. The hard surfaces of the inside of the riad meant that the sound bounced around a lot! They left the day before we did, and the riad was a changed place - peaceful and calm without any noise drifting in from the outside.
The room was the smallest we'd stayed in so far in Morocco, but I suppose this wasn't surprising since this was the biggest city. We were in the Afra room on the first floor, which has yet another very firm bed (we'd come to expect this in Morocco!) and a gorgeous bathroom, with a shower like another little room, done in lovely tadelakt. The inner courtyard is beautiful, and the pool is lovely.
The staff are what makes this place wonderful. As we went downstairs to head out for dinner on our last night in Morocco, we stopped to chat to the managers here, who have been lovely throughout. Every time they see us they ask if we slept well, how our day was, how our meals were. This time we got to talking about the languages we knew, and I demonstrated my couple of words of arabic, including “mumkin… mish mumkin” (perhaps… perhaps not) and “imshi” (go away), which set them off into paroxysms of laughter. This prompted a quick lesson on Berber dancing in the salon, which was fantastic! It certainly got the blood pumping and was a really positive end to our stay here.
- Also Known As:
- Riad La Croix Berbere Hotel
- Riad La Croix Berbere Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 2 minutes de la célèbre place Jemâa-el-Fna et du Minaret de la Koutoubia... N'hésitez à pousser la porte de ce ryad... C'est dans le quartier El ksour (ksour pluriel de ksar qui veut dire palais) que se trouve ce charmant ryad. Son emplacement, vous permettra de profiter de l'ambiance des souks et de l'agitation de la place, mais également de l'attrait du quartier européen de Guéliz (10 mn à pieds) On vous proposera de prendre un verre de thé au bord du bassin, sur la terrasse, ou dans le salon marocain au coin de la cheminée.... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and Agoda so you can book your Riad la Croix Berbere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.