“Awesome Dinner with Entertainment” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #63 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Japanese, Moroccan, International
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: In the heart of the green Palmeraie, discover "The BLOKK" the perfect place to enjoy fine cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere. Delight your senses in our live-spectacle with original concept: Covering artists like Ray Charles, Barry White, Luis Armstrong, and Ella Fitzgerald.... Many figures through which you will pleased to relive the 60s, 70s. The friendly staff, as soon the door crossed will make you feel the atmosphere. "THE BLOKK" offers a journey into the depth of the greatest musical classics, through unique performances that turn your dinner into a convivial evening full of surprises and good spirit. The cuisine, our menu offers a plethora of dishes French, Thai, Japanese, molecular and Moroccan to satisfy all your wishes.
London, United Kingdom
“Awesome Dinner with Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

So I've been to Le Blokk twice. Last time when I vistited Marrakech in 2011 and most recently in June 2013.

The venue is lovely. The location may be a little far out if you're staying in the city however its not 'that' expensive to get a taxt to the plamarrie area.

I had the steak on both occasions and it was soooo tasty. I am a regular diner at Gaucho's and other argentinian steak houses in London. I'm fussy.

I wife has a Gluten allergy and so I showed the manager a card we take with us that explains it in French and Arabic (so much easier). They were very careful with her food and really looked after her.

On both occasion I booked a table there for 8'ish however we were the first ones there both times. If I were you, unless its a weekend as I heard it gets really bus (thurs, fri & sat) then I would book a table around 9, 9:30..

Long story short, great place if you life a decent fillet of steak.

2 glasses wine, 1 cocktail, 1 coke, 1 starter, 2 steaks with sides, 2 deserts - £65!!!! Unbelievably well priced for the place! That meal could easily have been £150+ elsewhere!

Keep up the good work and we WILL be back next time we're in Marrakech.

ps.. there is LIVE JAZZ MUSIC!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We came here on a Saturday night and it was packed so I would recommend booking in advance! Unfortunately when we arrived we were presented with a set menu as it was a special event night which we were not made aware of when booking. However, the food that was part of the set menu was excellent. I had chicken spring rolls for starters, monk fish with mashed potato for mains and the chocolate soufflé for dessert. Each course was great with the starter the highlight. The a la carte may be different but the set menu did not have any vegetarian options on for my girlfriend however, the chef prepared a special main just for her which was excellent, the waiting staff were very helpful and friendly the cocktails were also very good.

I think the main people people visit this restaurant is the live music. They had a mix of Motown covers (which whilst not being the best singers were very entertaining), flamenco singers and at one point an acrobatic performance.

Visited June 2013
Virginia Water, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

The venue is off the beaten track but it is definitely worth a visit.
The venue itself is dark and sleek with a great stage and cool pictures of Ray Charles and the rat pack all around. The décor is plush and everywhere including the toilets is spotlessly clean.
Cocktails are excellent, food brilliant and the singers are superb.
We really enjoyed our night there and highly recommend it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
dublin
“Not a Thai restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We chose this restaurant as we fancied Thai food and were already staying in Palmeraie so it was close by via taxi. I think some of the TA reviews on this place are misleading. It is a night club style music venue with food, the music took awhile to warm up with three singers changing after each and very song which was irritating but after about 11pm they got into their stride and it was good fun. The food however is not thai it is French with the option of some spring rolls very ordinary and very salty, some sushi not available the night we were there and some menu options for molecular gastronomy which were also not available on the night we were there in fact are on the menu as indication of something they might do in the future! Bizzare! All in all it was good fun and the music was different from what you would expect, the staff were friendly and helpful but don't go if you want Thai food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“very good musci with live band”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

the place is located at under level wich means basement a bit lack of fresh air but... live music was great and food average. staff young smiling and helpful. i enjoyed

Visited March 2013