“An oasis of beauty - tranquil and luxurious” 5 of 5 stars

You added Riad Timila to your Saves list
Riad Timila
135 Derb Jdid | Derb Dabachi, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
London, United Kingdom
“An oasis of beauty - tranquil and luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Coming back to Riad Timila for a second visit only served to reinforce my initial sentiments that this is indeed a very special place to stay in Marrakech. From being met at the airport, shown to the Riad and then to THE most beautiful rooms makes the cares of the world slip away. I felt looked after in a way I don't normally experience at other places. Drinks, nibbles, meals all seem to materialise throughout the day and help with booking restaurants, taxis and printing boarding passes is unobtrusively on hand in the form of the charming, efficient and thoughtful Brahim.

I used the tv room in the evening to watch DVDs, the roof terrace to sunbathe in the December heat (!) and the upper terrace to sit with a drink and watch the sun going down over this magical medina. My friends booked hamman and massages in the treatment suite on the rooftop and they said they were excellent. They certainly looked very clean and relaxed when they came out.
The bedrooms total six I believe and are all very individual and beautifully decorated with antiques. The beds are modern and fresh with crisp linens and good pillows. Speaking of the latter I had to ask for a couple of hypoallergenic pillows as feathers make me wheeze and these were on my bed in the blink of an eye. Water bottles on the bedside tables, coffee in the morning in bed if you desire and a hot water bottle to take to bed are just a few of the details which make the stay so perfect.
The meals are probably the most delicious to be had in Marrakech. Cheese scrambled egg for breakfast with fruit salad, pastries and freshly squeezed juice kick off the day on the roof terrace. Lunches offer a varied selection of salads and veg with a small cheese selection and possibly some warm lentils. We always had one meal out of the riad but the evening meals that we did have in were superior in quality to the restaurants visited and the ambiance was definitely more fun. Wine and beer and soft drinks were available from the kitchen on the roof and added to the bill at the end.
In a nutshell I can't recommend this beautiful riad highly enough. I just came from a Thursday- Monday but feel rejuvenated and refreshed. It is as if the sunny days combined with the spoiling experience of Riad Timila have recharged my british winter batteries and I feel I can face what the next few months will throw at me weather wise when I return to London. Thank you everyone at Riad Timila! I feel very lucky to have been able to stay with you.

Room Tip: I was in the master suite on first floor above the plunge pool. Highly recommended.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The most delicious food, charming and attentive staff, beautiful and thoughtful decoration.Comfy beds, pillows and sheets. Great Hammam and massage in house, lovely terrace,tv room.....
Had a great few days here with friends and I can't wait to go back again. An oasis of calm in the heart of the Medina. All of the rooms are lovely - bronze and ivoire my favourites.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I couldn't recommend Riad Timila more highly. With a sauna, games room, in house massages, hammam, a pool and great company there is enough to keep one entertained within the Riad alone. The architecture and interior design of the building seamlessly create a unique atmosphere of luxury, calm and excitement. This is a result of attention to detail like I have never seen. Every aspect of the place is well thought out, from the fusion of traditional Moroccan design with western comfort to the diligent, friendly, and professional service. For instance many of the beds have tempur mattresses and lie underneath antique Moroccan lanterns projecting beautiful patterns and really instilling a sense of exoticism. The service equally can be constant or they can give you space depending on preference.

Upon leaving Riad Timila it takes less than a minute to reach the heart of the souk where many fascinating market stalls can be found including 'bob music' where the owners play their beautiful handmade instruments daily and regularly jam with visitors. A really exciting Moroccan experience! I even ended buying one of their exquisite lutars.

The staff at Riad Timila also organized several outings for us including a trip to the Atlas mountains which was incredible. Overall my holiday to Marrakesh and Riad Timila was among the best trips of my life and will remain a lasting memory- I would urge anyone wanting to visit Marrakesh to experience Riad Timila.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Having stayed in decent places in Marrakech before, most recently at Villa El Arsa and La Maison Arabe, I was slightly apprehensive when Riad Timila was chosen by a friend for a group holiday with eight of us.

Where to possibly start?
The unassuming wooden door of Riad Timila located on a typically narrow lane in the heart of Marrakech's enchanting Medina hints at none of this riad's exotic luxury. Once the modest threshold has been crossed, however, and a warm welcome received by the ever-smiling and attentive Brahim, it is quickly apparent that this is most probably unlike any place you've stayed before. A truly calm oasis shielded from the wonderfully hectic city, every part of the house, from the bedrooms to the courtyards, the refreshing plunge pool to the spectacular roof terraces, is elegantly yet charmingly decorated. The bathrooms all have powerful showers and are immaculately clean, as are the bedrooms - a statement I can make with confidence given that between my seven friends and I every room was stayed in. The charm of the communal areas mean entire days can be spent relaxing in the Riad (which has its own Hamam to add to the experience) but for when excursions are desired, Brahim is more than happy to offer advice and organise in an effortlessly friendly and relaxed manner.
I have eaten in many places in the city - both inside and outside hotels - searching for fantastic food to feed my love of Moroccan cuisine but can honestly admit that the food on offer in Riad Timila rivals (maybe even beats) anything I've eaten elsewhere and is superb value for money. The fact we ate supper here on six of our seven evenings is testament to this.
Any initial reservations were completely swept away, compelling me to write this glowing review and implore you to stay here for the perfect Moroccan experience - I certainly won't be staying anywhere else again as I continue to visit this vibrant and enthralling city.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went for a weeks long break at the end of the summer just before everyone jetted off to uni. the house is an oasis of calm amongst the hustle and bustle of the city. the staff were FANTASTIC catering to your every need, the riad manager Brahim is knowledgeable and took care took care of us expertly, whether it was booking a taxi to the Atlas Mountains for a day of 'culture' or simply helping us find the best shop to buy djellabas (traditional Moroccan robe).

I will definitely be coming again......

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I had a wonderful week staying at Riad Timila. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Brahim sorted everything for us including booking all taxis and Ismael was brilliant around the Riad making sure everything was immaculate at all times, and was always smiling. All the bedrooms are very well decorated and are spacious with large and comfortable bathrooms, as well as being cleaned every day. The roof terrace is a fantastic place to lie in the sun on the sun loungers and the plunge pool is perfect for cooling down after being up on the roof. The food was outstanding all week with great variety and I really enjoyed eating on the roof terrace each night with the stars overhead. The Riad is a very short walk from the souk, with the alleys being easily navigable and come the end of the week I felt very comfortable finding my way by myself, but Brahim is always on hand to offer advice on where to go or to take you to the souk and show you around. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and would definitely recommend Riad Timila!

Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

A truly lovely Riad in an amazing city. I can only concur with other posts that your stay here will be very special, photographs cannot do justice to the beautiful interiors. The lighting is fabulous, but I think I will remember the shadows more. Brahim and his team work so hard to ensure that your stay is whatever you want it to be. Our visit coincided with Ramadan and a heatwave, even by Moroccan standards, which meant we were very Riad based, but they coped charmingly with all eleven of us. Thank you Riad Timila for a memorable 50th birthday banquet and even a surprise birthday cake with 'Happy Birthday' in Arabic, so thoughtful.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, I would happily stay in any of them
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Riad Timila? Share your experiences!