“The best place to stay in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Princesse Jamila

You added Riad Princesse Jamila to your Saves list
Riad Princesse Jamila
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   19 Derb Zenka Dayka | Riad Zitoune Djid, Marrakech 4000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #109 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
UK
“The best place to stay in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed here in early November with a friend, and had a fantastic stay.

I did a fair bit of research on hotels before I arrived, and this one consistently got good reviews, and I wasn't disappointed.

We arrived at around 9am, and they had a room available for us right away. It was a double-bed, but I mentioned that we weren't a couple (2 single guys!), and when we returned, the bed had been split into two singles.

The staff were amazing, very friendly and helpful, and the cleanliness, breakfast, hotel location etc were all perfect. I'd strongly recommend this place.

Paul & Tashi

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I had a fabulous experience in Riad Princes Jamila.
The most wonderful was the place where we eat. It was so delicious thank the staff, espacially to Myriam. Im fact everybody was friendly. My girlfriend and I have choose this riad for the pictures and the coments on this website.
We loved the massage, the Hammam and of course the beautifull shine on the terrace.
The breakfast was delicious with lot of choices. We found the riad immediatly, and the place jama el afna is at 2 minutes. We had discovered Marrakech for the first time and we really loved this trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I had a wonderful experience in Marrakech thanks to the kind staff and safe environment at the Riad. Having arrived alone, one of the services that I truly appreciated was the prearranged taxi pick-up as well as accompaniment from the square to the Riad. Since most of the Riads are located on side streets (which are not easy to navigate for a newcomer) it was very reassuring to have a staff member meet me at the taxi and walk me directly to the Riad.

Also, the interior of the Princess Jamila is very pretty and tasteful, and the roof terrace has a beautiful view of the city. Rooms and common areas are kept vey tidy, and all of the food is fresh cooked and authentic :)

Most importantly, the staff is very warm and honest, because of them my stay was a pleasure!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here the last week of August. When you first arrive it's breathtaking to be in the serene and beautiful decor. The lobby area is very dreamlike and elegant. When you look up from the first floor there are beautiful layers of balconies that glide up to the sky light. The rooms were very comfortable and relaxing and I highly recommend to stay in the Sheherazade room. We ate dinner at the resort every night. The food was absolutely phenomenal, I highly recommend it. We especially loved the Couscous Poulet (Chicken Couscous). The staff went above and beyond for us and scheduled everything we needed. I really can't express the incredible hospitality we received from the staff at The Riad Princesse Jamila. I also would recommend the massages, they are really calming and blissful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The first night we arrived there i wasn't so sure of the place....because of the pictures i'd seen and reviews i read but i'm assuming that was of the riad in france, as the some of the pictures do not agree with what the riad does entail :)

So i'd defo say do your research as that was my first concern on the first night...i wanted to leave because i was really upset, but by the second night i was okay because it's such a beautiful city and the staff in the riad are fantastic, all though we found it hard to communicate with them, we used alot of hand gestures and bless the staff they really did try to understand what we were trying to say to them...

We met a lovely young girl who worked there called fatim zara, an she was most helpful. Whatever we needed or whenever we needed something she was always on call. i would definatly consider staying at this riad again, it's very convienent and also a 3minute walk from jamna el fna which i absolutly loved coz i enjoyed spending my evenings there.

Room Tip: i'd say the best room with fab few of khoutbia mosque would be on the top floor, i can't re...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This riad is very comfortable & clean with well appointed rooms & bathrooms. It is in a great location only 5 minutes walk from Djemma El Fna.

Unfortunately we had a bad experience arriving at this riad. A local boy showed us the way but when we arrived a large gang of other boys tried to intimidate us into paying them all 50 dirhams each as it was 'their neighbourhood'. Unfortunately we got no support from the riad staff who allowed the boys to enter the riad and demand money from us. I was very disappointed in the staff that did not support us or protect their riad and I had to threaten to call the police before the boys finally left. We therefore did not feel very safe at this riad.

Otherwise the girls who work there were very sweet and accomodating though it's best to speak French! We weren't given any information or directions about the area upon arrival until we asked a nice man who lives there though we never saw him again.

Overall this is a very comfortable and clean riad, but we did not receive the sort of personalised service that we had at other riads & we were left to fend for ourselves most of the time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2011

4 reasons for remember this Riad

1) Perfect position within the Medina near to the square Djemma el Fna.
After the first time, it is very easy to move from/to the Riad

2) Room AliBaba: clean, quiet and charming

3) The main dish of the dinner I ate last evening: chicken and pear tajine (very good!)

4) The staff: Khdija, Khamisa, Aysha, Myriam; but first of all the kindness and sweetness of FatimZara

Non-French-speaking people should consider the communication with the staff as part of a game and as a funny experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Been to Riad Princesse Jamila? Share your experiences!