“Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 88 Attractions in Marrakech
Type: Casinos
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Inaugurated in 1952, the first casino to open in Morocco has become a legendary stop for international travellers and local players. It is well known for high stakes poker tournaments and hosts a step of the world poker tour.Open every night. Slot machines from 2 p.m. till 4 a.m. Gaming tables from 8 p.m. till 4 a.m. Till 5 a.m. on weekends.The Casino de Marrakech is part of Es Saadi Gardens & Resort.
jeddah
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

I have visited many casinos around the world but this place is i don't know what but not a casino.

There is no ambiance and there are more visitors than players. the management really does not care about the clients and the quality is so disappointing.

The drinks are so expensive and the ambiance does not keep you in the place and try to play.

change the place and finish your night in the various places in Marrakech.

Visited May 2012

London, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
“expensive drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

nice enough place,large gaming area.tables open at 9pm.until then only slot machines and the bar<60 dirham a beer>

Visited February 2012
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
25 attraction reviews
“A big disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

Well I've been lucky enough to have visited many casinos around the world and I'm amazed that this can even be called a casino!

They were setting up for a poker tournament which may have been partly to do with it but we couldn't get into the poker / blackgammon area and I've seen more slots (which I'm not particularly interested in) in a pub!

The whole place felt rough and we didn't stay to see how much they were going to try to rip us off for when it came to drinks!

The bottom line is, keep your money for the souks and don't waste your time going there - fortunately for us it was close to our hotel so we didn't waste anything

Visited September 2011
Tervuren
“Thieves - escroquerie”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Crooks
This place has two price lists with very different prices! my wine was 110 on one and 150 on the other, what a difference. When I got the bill, they told me it didn't matter and expected me to pay the higher price (210 total). Then they let me just wait indefinitely. So I again objected and they asked for, get this, 180. I gave the correct amount 170 and walked off to a lot of insults. Tried to talk to the manager who was obviously not interested, so probably well aware of the practice! if that's how the bar is run, don't expect a fair bet in the casino! Avoid!