“overpriced & unsatisfying” 2 of 5 stars

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“overpriced & unsatisfying”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

First impressions where poor-The receptionist was somewhat short and unhelpful. The atmosphere was good, tucked away from the busy street it delivered on relaxation. Having had a fair few massages, this was one of the worst I have ever had. I could barely feel the massage & proceeded to wait to be asked if the pressure was ok, when I felt I had waited long enough, although embarrased I felt I had to ask the masseuse to increase the pressure a bit seeing as the price was so high for the massage. The air conditioning was also broken in the room, which left a rather irritating clicking noise throughout.

Visited May 2013

chicago
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very interesting to try!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

As our Riad owner (Riad Cherrata) recomended we booked a Traditional Hammam in the spa. Was a great treat after busy day in marrakesh. cost 200 dirhams per person,but worth a price.

Visited June 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great spa, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The owner of our Riad recommended we come here as she visits for a treat with her daughters. My fiance and I had the Moroccan Due (Hammam Duo and Massage), which was a traditional hammam (wash and scrub) followed by an hour long full body Moroccan massage. The massage was very relaxing and at the end your hair and body smell amazing! (Ladies, a warning: the full body massage means full body!!) We thought we would be separated like in traditional hammams, but were in the same room for both the hammam and the massage, which was much better. The treatments were brilliant with a cup of mint tea in between and were excellent value for money. Overall, we would absolutely recommend this Spa for anyone looking for a relaxing treat during their stay in Marrakech.

Visited June 2013
Illinois
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“You have experience a hammam in Morocco”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My teens were a little leery of a hammam treatment, but this very nice spa has rooms big enough for five people. We wore bathing suits, which was perhaps not the norm, but works for a family.

The attendants slosh you with water and then rub you with soap. You steam in the hot room, which opens your pores (they give you water bottles), then they come back and scrub you with a rough mitt to get off the dead skin. They also shampoo your hair and massage your feet after a rose water soak. We followed the hammam with massages, which were Swedish and very relaxing.

Visited December 2012
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Avoid this place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Even though I went there because it was recommended by friends, I've had a bad experienced. I took a package of orange bath + relaxing massage, and it turned out that the massage was the worst ever. Painful, hard, half of my body was not even touched, and the girl who did this poor job, spent most of her time on my feet and my face !!! Until the end I thaught it would go from hard to soft but it didn't

whatever, it can happen to have a bad masseuse, it doesn't mean the place is bad so, tottaly stressed after this "formula" I told the owner and instead of reimbursing me the package or offering me another massage, he didn't even split in half the price and gave my 20 euros back, telling me that if I wanted another replacement massage I would have to pay for it !!!!!

So, to avoid such a problem for you, professional masseuse and fair treatments I advise you to go to another place like "Les bains de Marrakech" which has a much better reputation

Visited May 2013