“Great European food in the heart of the Medina” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 700 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the heart of the Medina, a short walk from the famous Djemaa El Fna Square, Un dejeuner a Marrakech is open everyday, all day for lunch and dinner. Service non stop till 10pm. Modern Moroccan and Continental cuisine, lights snacks, desserts, tea/coffee and fresh juices. Panoramic terrace.
Edinburgh
“Great European food in the heart of the Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

After growing tired of similar Moroccan food after a week, we decided to eat at Un Dejeuner. Although this is located in the souks its quite easy to find, and 10 minute walk from the square. The rooftop terrace is well decorated and has plenty of cover from the sun.

They don't serve alcohol here, but was recommended one of the fresh made juices. This paired with some olives and bread to nibble on before starters in on the rooftop is a great way to escape the choas of the square for a few hours.

The beef carpaccio was one if the finer I've ever eaten, and to carry on with the beef theme, seared filet on a rich mushroom and sauce was enough to ensure us not moving for a few hours. My partner had the other chefs special, a thai chicken dish, which was well seasoned and cooked also.

For two for dinner, starters and mains this only came to 330 Moroccan Dirham (£24).

Leave the tourist traps at the square out, eat here instead

Sudbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent value and atmospher”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The welcome, the service, the food quality, the roof top atmospher, were so good we went twice this holiday, both at lunch time and the evening, it cannot be faulted. The only problem might be if someone has a problem with stairs, the stair case is steep and narrow.

Visited October 2013
White Plains, NY
“Excellent restaurant when you are tired of Morrocan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recommended by the staff at our riad, this french themed restaurant was a perfect choice for a light meal. Contrary to other reviews, the goat cheese and smoked duck salad was superb. The roof top was very well furnished. Prices are reasonable. We actually ate their twice.

“Superb!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

When on holiday I'm not one to go back to the same restaurant over and over again however this restaurant is an exception. Having read the reviews my partner and I decided to have lunch at Un Dejeuner a Marrakech after visiting the Souks. The meals we ordered were packed with fragrant spices and the lemon meringue tart was amazing. We returned a few times whilst in Marrakech and strongly recommend it for the food (in particular the Thai chicken which didn't taste Thai to me but was lovely) and beautiful views from the terrace.

In terms of service, we didn't receive exceptional service from any restaurant whilst on holiday so would rate this particular eatery a 3 out of 5

new york, usa
“Total disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just after 4 in the afternoon I felt a bit peckish and turned into Un Dejeuner a Marrakech to have a light meal. The last guests on the ground floor just left and a pleasant lady of a certain age presented the rather tatty looking English menu. I had chosen the goat's cheese salad which was just the right light refreshment I was looking for to quench my appetite.

The ordered orange juice, freshly squeezed arrived promptly, but was rather luke warm; so I asked if some ice cubes could be added. I glanced at the complicated procedure of adding the ice cubes to the full glass and surprise, surprise the kitchen maid plunged them in with her fingers deep into the glass. A male waiter observed it all but had no qualms about offering to me this mishandled orange juice. Upon my protest the orange juice was changed to a fresh one and I explained that I would add the ice cubes myself with a spoon into my glass.

In the meantime the salad arrived, a rather small affair and on first sight not bad looking. But on second sight I discovered on the tired worst quality lettuce leaves which I would not dare to offer to my rabbits 4 moist minuscule profiteroles of choux pastry in which there was a small amount of white creamy -certainly not melted as advertised- tasteless cheese which did not bear any resemblance to goats cheese. Oh yes, hidden under the welting salad leaves there were 4 minute slivers of smoked duck breast.

Complaining about the absence of goat cheese I was given one of these expert justifications by my waiter, that I might have expected the hard melted tasty goat's cheese served on crunchy toast but they prefer to use the creamy version which tastes so mild you could have mistaken it for La vache qui rit processed cheese.

I had counted at least 6 waiting staff and behind the counter staff, however no "responsable"/mamager could be found to speak to.

If they cannot get an orange juice and a goat cheese salad right - what can they?

• 2 of 5 stars