“Total disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 664 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view
Dining options: Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the heart of the Medina, a short walk from the famous Djemaa El Fna Square, Un dejeuner a Marrakech is open everyday, all day for lunch and dinner. Service non stop till 10pm. Modern Moroccan and Continental cuisine, lights snacks, desserts, tea/coffee and fresh juices. Panoramic terrace.
new york, usa
“Total disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just after 4 in the afternoon I felt a bit peckish and turned into Un Dejeuner a Marrakech to have a light meal. The last guests on the ground floor just left and a pleasant lady of a certain age presented the rather tatty looking English menu. I had chosen the goat's cheese salad which was just the right light refreshment I was looking for to quench my appetite.

The ordered orange juice, freshly squeezed arrived promptly, but was rather luke warm; so I asked if some ice cubes could be added. I glanced at the complicated procedure of adding the ice cubes to the full glass and surprise, surprise the kitchen maid plunged them in with her fingers deep into the glass. A male waiter observed it all but had no qualms about offering to me this mishandled orange juice. Upon my protest the orange juice was changed to a fresh one and I explained that I would add the ice cubes myself with a spoon into my glass.

In the meantime the salad arrived, a rather small affair and on first sight not bad looking. But on second sight I discovered on the tired worst quality lettuce leaves which I would not dare to offer to my rabbits 4 moist minuscule profiteroles of choux pastry in which there was a small amount of white creamy -certainly not melted as advertised- tasteless cheese which did not bear any resemblance to goats cheese. Oh yes, hidden under the welting salad leaves there were 4 minute slivers of smoked duck breast.

Complaining about the absence of goat cheese I was given one of these expert justifications by my waiter, that I might have expected the hard melted tasty goat's cheese served on crunchy toast but they prefer to use the creamy version which tastes so mild you could have mistaken it for La vache qui rit processed cheese.

I had counted at least 6 waiting staff and behind the counter staff, however no "responsable"/mamager could be found to speak to.

If they cannot get an orange juice and a goat cheese salad right - what can they?

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank MarrakchiaBritgirl

Marrakech, Morocco
“Amazing and unexpected.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My travel group and I wandered around the Souks and found this little gem by accident. Amazing! The ice cream was delicious and the food was excellent. I had the vegetarian club sandwich, which was perfect, a jasmine tea, and the fig and vanilla ice cream. All under 100 DM. Perfect!

• Visited September 2013
Puebla, Mexico
“break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

food is good and the terrase is pretty, nice place to have a break and relax at noon and have lunch, i strongly recommend it

• Visited June 2013
france
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was the best food we had in our stay (I made a mistake reviewing the Table de Marrakech - got the name wrong) had a great evening meal with fish and french/morrocan flavours. Beautiful presentation. Had a superb lunch too the next day. Just a shame the place was a dry restaurant - would've appreciated a nice glass of chilled white.

Visited September 2013
Chania Town, Greece
“Best restaurant in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Recommended to us by local lady who manages our Riad. Excellent food in right quantities and reasonable prices. Cosy terrace, attentive staff. In fact so good we are returning for our final night in Marrakesh.

Visited September 2013