“Great food, very friendly staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Un Dejeuner a Marrakech

Un Dejeuner a Marrakech
2,4 Place Douar Graoua-Kennaria | 2,4 Place Douar Graoua-Kennaria, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212 5243-78387
Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 602 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Moroccan, Mediterranean, Delicatessen, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Located in the heart of the Medina, a short walk from the famous Djemaa El Fna Square, Un dejeuner a Marrakech is open everyday, all day for lunch and dinner. Service non stop till 10pm. Modern Moroccan and Continental cuisine, lights snacks, desserts, tea/coffee and fresh juices. Panoramic terrace.
Sint-Lambrechts-Herk, Limburg, Belgium
“Great food, very friendly staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was a great place to go. I'm really happy I found this place (thanks to tripadvisor). The food was delicious. The staff was really friendly. They even helped us find directions to the next place we wanted to go. I really recommend this place to everyone who is planning to go to Marrakech. And it's really cheap. Although it doesn't look cheap at all!
It was difficult to find. Taxi drivers don't know to much French or English and they only seem to know a couple of places in Marrakech. It's strange though. You should really get directions before going to this place because you won't get too much help from a taxi driver.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Italy
“Lovely terrace, great deserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We ate here on the strength of the tripadvisor reviews. I had the 'Thai style' chicken, which was OK, but the sauce on it was not a Thai sauce, more like a strange sweet curry sauce that tasted like it was from a Vesta curry jar! My husband had the steak, which again was just OK as it was very chewy and tough. The deserts however, were outstanding! I had a lemon curd pie which was fantastic, and he had a pastry with cream, and then a chocolate mousse. We returned for the chocolate mousse several times as it was that good. The terrace was lovely, with shade as well as a sunny side to it and nice to escape the hustle an bustle of the city. The only major downside for us was that there was no alcohol served, and a glass of wine with our meal would have really been nice.

Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Recommended with reservations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We paid five visits to this pleasing, modern, restaurant/bar during a week's stay in a Marrakesh riad a few minutes' walk away. The first attraction were the cakes and drinks. A "lemon curd meringue" tart was well presented and tasty and complemented by a raspberry milk shake which didn't stint on the fresh fruit flavour.
On the strength of that snack we returned for an evening meal in the first floor room (modern style, jazz as mood music). My chicken-based chef's special was excellent. It was well-balanced with a good sauce and well presented. Sadly meat in the steak special for which my wife opted was tough and she left much of it. We fancied a crepe for a dessert but were told they weren't available. The Moroccan pastries were okay but not really what we were after.
After that we were tempted back for snacks, The well garnished hamburger and the cheese tartlet were good and a salad huge and satisfying. The raspberry milkshakes continued up to standard and were our farewell drink on the roof terrace on the last day.
Service was friendly a cheerful with the proprietor convinced we must know the menu by heart by the time we left.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chester, United Kingdom
“Different by day and night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stumbled upon this place one day. It's only 8-10 minutes from the Medina, in a nice area with some classy boutiques next to it. We sat outside and had coffee and ice-cream. The menu looked good, so, we booked for dinner next evening and returned. The restaurant upstairs was disappointing, - totally lacking in atmosphere and rather dull. The roof terrace was much nicer but it was too cold to eat up there. The food was mixed. I had a delicious soup for my starter but my main course chicken dish was very dry and my dessert (Nougat glace) was disappointing and very formulaic. It was too hard to eat with the spoon and knife I was given. I had to ask for a fork. It was rather bland. As we left, I was surprised to see the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence on the door as this was not of the standard I'd expect to receive it. Good for lunch but there are better places to go for dinner.

Visited January 2013
England
“Modern French and Morrocan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted with a smile and offered seating around on the 1st floor or terrace. Service was attentive.
There were only 4 Morrocan main dishes on the menu though a number of other European dishes also.
The beef tagine was very delicious and presented in a modern fashion.
This falls in the finer food category and you'll need 2 or 3 courses to feel full.
It was around 110 dirhams for a main with a drink.
The location was next to a street with lots of motorbikes driving past and the noise detracted from the experience.