“Oasis in the Medina” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Mo'da

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Dar Mo'da
182 rue el Moussine, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #5 of 1,040 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York, New York, United States
“Oasis in the Medina”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have been in the hotel business for over twelve years and have never experienced such wonderful hands on treatment in all my travels. Elena whom the staff affectionately refer to as "madame" is extremely welcoming in such a sincere and warm manner. All it took was the initial email response from her to convince me that this was the right place for me to stay while in Marrakesh. She epitomizes hospitality and promotes that rare concept of 'home away from home'. Her concern for your well being and every aspect of your experiences in Morocco is stellar. She so graciously made every accommodation for me in restaurants, day trips and airport transfers. The latter included having someone waiting for me at the airport when my initial flight was cancelled and a new flight scheduled without my being able to inform her. I arrived at 2:30am and there was a driver miraculously waiting for me. She is fluent in Italian, Spanish, French, English as well as Arabic.
Her staff were extremely warm and accommodating to my every need and request. After my first request for hot milk with my coffee in the morning, it wasn't necessary for me to ever mention it again. The room was kept perfectly and the dinner they made for me and served on the rooftop terrace was fantastic! Hussein is like a gentle uncle that will gladly escort you wherever you need to go in the Medina. And definitely....definitely try their hot mint tea...the best in Morocco!
The riad itself is a beautiful oasis from the dusty chaotic streets of the Medina and is just a few minutes walk to the big square. It has incredibly appointed suites, two pools and a terrace with wonderful panoramic views.
I felt like I was leaving family behind when it was time to leave.

Say hello to Charlie, the parrot mascot, for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sevenoaks Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent 5 nights here mid September. This was definitely one of the nicest places to stay in my travel experience. Why? Well you're going to have to stay to find out!
Location: Perfect, near the centre of the Medina, close to the entrance of the souks and the nightlife of the Jemaa el Fna, but perfectly peaceful and an ideal retreat when your tourist batteries run low.
Rooms, ours was the excellent, it had its own private enclosed sunny terrace and was comfortably furnished.
The staff led by Elena were very friendly and helpful.
The piece de resistance was the roof terrace, which was huge, had 360 degree views of the Medina, lots of seating, loungers, a shady dining area and a small but very necessary plunge pool.
This is not a large impersonal hotel but a very personal, comfortable home which is yours to fully enjoy.
We plan to escape there again soon!

Room Tip: Go for one of the suites with a terrace for that extra degree of indulgence.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Darien, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed for a weekend at the Dar Mo'da and thoroughly enjoyed the place. The place is beautifully decorated. Elena was a great host.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
, Direttore generale at Dar Mo'da, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
hope to see you again soon:)
Rabat, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Long before our arrival, Elena made me feel welcome with her courteous emails. She responded promptly to every email and answered my many questions.

Dar Moda is located in a great part of the medina- right next to cafe arabe, terrace des epices and minutes from the souks and square. The neighborhood is safe, quiet and very charming. When we arrived we were met by Hussein who took our bags and led us to the riad. The riad itself is beautiful. Very Moroccan with elegant Italian touches. It's ornate but not gaudy like many riads that I have visited. We had two rooms and recieved a free upgrade to a suite ( thanks Elena!). The rooms were spacious, airy and beautifully decorated.

Elena, was a joy. She gave us great restaurant recommendations and we spend a lot of time chatting with her about Marrakech, Milan and life. The two Malikas and Hussein were always friendly and available whenever we needed something. Since, there are only 4 suites (and one terrace room) it is very easy to get to know the other guests in the riad. We met a wonderful Italian family and well as another American and enjoyed great conversation with them all.

Dar Moda is the best riad that I have stayed in and I would defintely return. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the green and red rooms. The red room was nice but I loved the green room. The black an...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Direttore at Dar Mo'da, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Kevin,
thank you for your nice review and comments. It has been an honour to have you here with your mom and your friend; looking forward to receiving you again and again, ciao from all of us !
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Dar Mo'da is in the heart of the Medina, but is so quiet you think you were in the country. Four beautifully appointed bedrooms, a stunning rooftop terrance with refreshing plunge pool and spectacular view (this is where you have breakfast), a relaxing courtyard with yet another plunge pool where you can tuck into a chair and read quietly, and extremely attentive staff. Really a Moroccan dream!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This chic Riad is a little jewel in the heart of La Medina, with an in-house hammam and a rooftop terrace with a breathtaking view of Marrakech, but still with a homie, cozy feel.
Only 5 roomsall styled and furnished in a unique way for a very personal experience, my white room was suitable for a princess, within the amaneties and enormous black marble bath tub.
I also enjoyed soaking up the sun by the lovely pool close to the blue Moroccan sky.
The perfect getaway!
Stefania A

Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Elena M, Direttore at Dar Mo'da, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
... and the aim was to gve you a perfect royal birthday!
thanks to your kindness and your way of being, we succeeded.
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

The very best place to stay in Marrakesch. A beautiful riad, friendly staff, everything was perfet. Elena, the manager, is simply the best!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Mo'da? Share your experiences!