“The only place to stay in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Slimania Flat Apart to your Saves list
cityzenbooking.com Travelocity
Slimania Flat Apart
1.0 of 5 Condominium   |   11, Residence Slimania, Rue Al Mostaqbal- Lot Ali ou Hmad, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
reading
“The only place to stay in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

My collegue and i moved to these aprtments after originally booking a hotel and checking out in 2 days, everyone told us that if you want to have a good time get an apartment in marrakech not a hotel and we rereted not listening. There was an issue finding this place so for all the people who have the same problem i will explain where it is. Tell the Taxi driver it is New Residence opposite the israely cemetry and on the road where the petit taxis get there inspection done everyday all the small taxi's have to go to a checkpoint everyday outside the cemetry and thats where this place is on that rd and it is very very nice.we got the 1 bed apartment and i cant understand what the other review is saying it is a great location just 10 min walk from gueliz so i highly recomment this place and the cleaning lady khadija is very nice and cleaned after us everyday we wanted to give her a big tip when we left but her mother was ill so she was coming later the lady who runs it is very nice as is the frenceh man who owns it summin up i would highly recommend this place and plan on going back next time. Oh could do with a pool on the roof maybe???just an idea

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Business
Guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

Having read the previous review on here, I was a bit worried about finding the apartment on arrival so I pre booked a transfer. We had no problems that way and then could get our own bearings the next (I would thoroughly recommend buying the Lonely Planet guide to Marrakech as it has an invaluable map at the back).

Also, having read the previous review, it was also good to know that the apartment looked out onto a grave yard as then I knew what I was going to. This caused me no problems at all as, to me, it was better then looking into someone elses window!

The apartment is located near Jardin Majorelle (thoroughly recommend going there, it is a great oasis). The apartment is not in the centre. It only took about 15 minutes to walk to Mohammed V in Ville Nouvelle where there are numerous upmarket eateries. Its about 40 minutes to walk to the Djemaa El Fna Square. You can see great sunsets from the apartment too.

The lady that owns the apartment could not do enough for us. She upgraded us from the studio we had booked to the one bedroom apartment. The only drag was having to go through the inventory of the apartment when we arrived (and when we left!). I guess you just take that as part of the process though. One day I asked for an extra sheet...I got a duvet! Bless.

One thing I would thoroughly recommend is eating out in the Djemaa El Fna square in the evening (awesome atmosphere). I also had a hammam and was treated to one at 'Le Bains de Marrakech' - it was an awesome experience in a most amazing riad :)

The apartments do not have a swimming pool. We found it easy to use the one at Hotel Le Marrakech.

All in all a good holiday which I can not fault in anyway.

• Stayed November 2009
Derbyshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2009

I would not recommend this due to the location - the flat is in a newly built area and the taxi drivers had no idea of the location even when handed with a map and telephone number.
We only experienced this difficulty twice before checking out early (only stayed 1 out of 3 -booked- nights):
Experience 1: Arrived in Marrakech from Agadir by bus. We caught a taxi to the flat however the driver had no idea where this flat was. The driver spoke to the flat owners 5 times (at our expense) and we were driving around for an hour before the driver managed to find the flat! The ride from the bus station to the flat should have been 5 minutes and 2GBP but ended up costing us 8BGP. At the flat, we were greeted by the rep (or owner) who saw that the number we had was wrong - it was for the agency and not the flat. She advised it is not their fault we had the wrong details and it was fault of the site where we booked it from. I'm sorry but If I was the owner of this flat, I would ensure all my details were correctly published...it's not like these are on every travel website. When researching, I only came across around 5 different sites where we could book this place. We put this problem down to a one-off as she gave us a map (albeit the size of an A6 or A7 sized paper) with the exact location and correct telephone number.
We were going to let it slide until Experience no. 2:
From the main square, which is approx 5 minute taxi ride, we encountered the same problem with the taxi drivers not knowing where this flat was! We must have circled the approximate area when the driver called the rep again to get directions. It was at this point where we thought it is not worth the hassle of ringing the owner to get the directions every time we wanted to return to the flat AND paying over double of what the fare should have cost. It was an absolute nightmare to experience this twice in one day, never mind how many more times, therefore promptly checked out the following day to move closer to the main square. (** See Review for Riad des Princesses)
Other dislikes:
- The View outside of the balcony: a cemetery was located opposite the flat.
- Electricity kept cutting out - we couldn't boil a kettle or drying our hair without interruptions. (we used the appliances supplied in the flat)
- No Lights in the lift

Likes:
- Modern Decor

We had originally booked the studio but due to our initial experience, we had a free upgrade to a 1-bed. I wouldn't even pay the studio price for the 1-bed as it is extremely expensive compared to the Riads offered in and around the medina.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Slimania Flat Apart? Share your experiences!