“Bar Lawrence- the unforgatable Manager Wiam El Mansouri” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial

You added Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial to your Saves list
Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Harroun Errachid | Hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #180 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
Atlanta, Georgia
“Bar Lawrence- the unforgatable Manager Wiam El Mansouri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

During my last visit to Marrakech, I stopped by Sofitel Imperial and had a lovely dinner with my family and friends at the Bar. I was very impressed by the lay out for the terrace and the dedicated and hard working staff. The manager Wiam , was very courteous and we enjoyed her genuine hospitality. Wiam made our night very memorable and we will never forget her beautiful smile and her fancy attire.
Houda from Atlanta

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

for my first visit to marrakech and we were satisfied.all the staff of the hotel was excellent and very helpfull and friendly.particular mention should be made of the brekfast.different choice of foods .we'd like to thank marouane of reception for his help to change our first room to un other with nice view to swimming pool and the mountains of the atlas.we'd like to thank ATOUL room service always happy and attentive wich set us up with a positive start to day he was more efficient on his job
thank you mr abderrahmane the front office manger for his all helps
christopher and lisa

Room Tip: the suite great with atlas view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Ahmed B, Directeur général at Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank your for comment, It is a really a pleasure for us to know that we have succed to make you feel a memorable first stay with us.

I hope that we will welcome you again with us for an other enjoyable holiday .

Ahmed Benkirane,
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

A lovely hotel in an excellent location, within walking distance of the old town and the bustling market square and souks. The spa is also fab with a lovely quiet pool area, the best pedicure I've had for a while. Tried all of the restaurants and all served great food, particularly the traditional Moroccan restaurant where both the food and service were excellent. What let this hotel down was the extremely poor service at breakfast and around the pool. I think that quite a few of the reviews for this hotel are fake - staff have no interest in serving you at breakfast, you have to ask repeatedly for tea/coffee and cutlery/crockery, the only thing that is done efficiently is the clearing of tables. A lot of the waiting staff in the pool area stand around talking to each other (except when a manager appears) and ignore you or walk away when you call them to order food, etc. My husband went and asked one of them for a menu one day and they directed him to the outdoor restaurant area. My teenage children went to the pool on their own one day and asked repeatedly for towels and were ignored, eventually a man on the next door lounger intervened and towels were provided. Twice we arrived back from a day sight seeing (around 15:00) and were told that there were no towels left! All in all fab food, fab location, but EXTREMELY poor service around the pool and at breakfast. I should mention that there was one afternoon when the service was what you would expect - as a group of men in suits moved around the pool area, obviously inspecting and discussing the hotel. A great shame that they weren't there for the entire week!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool / garden room.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

First of all i would like to thank you for your coment regarding our hotel especially the spa services wich you had apreciated.

However I am really sorry that the breakfast service did not make your expectations, please accept my sinceer apology.

Ahmed Benkirane,
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Deducting a rating point for poor wifi in such a beautiful hotel is not something I am proud of. Unfortunately the fact of it is that when I am travelling I need to be able to stay connected for both personal and business. The wifi at the Sofitel is bad, and I mean really bad, to the point at which it is unusable 9-5. It seems to be a capacity issue, so easily fixed by management spending some $$.

Other than this, the hotel is great. A little on the expensive side, but what I was expecting.

Will be back next year, and bringing a 4G sim with me.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

We stayed 10nights at Sofitel Imperial Palace,we have been treated like queens ( 3 girls)
the staff was so kind and helpfull, Khaoula our butler was great! Breakfast staff was amazing especially Farah/ Nawfal & Adil. Thank you all for taking good care of me and my 2 friends.
Everything was just great, nothing to complain about.

keep up the good work.

Hanan

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for several nights upon our arrival in Morocco at the end of April beginning of May.
It is a spacious hotel with a large courtyard and 2 lovely pools. The courtyard is surrounded by beautiful Bougainvillea’s cascading off the balconies and lots of pool chairs. It truly is a wonderful way to relax after your day of exploring.
The rooms are a little bit older but they where doing some upgrades while we where there.
We found the staff at the pool and the restaurants very attentive, which made our stay most memorable. It is very close to the airport and the famous Medina of Marrakesh. It’s close enough that you can catch a horse drawn carriage to take you there!
The staff at the hotel were extremely helpful with all our plans and arranged the most excellent guide to take us through the Medina!
We would definitely go back!

Room Tip: An upper room is wonderful for couples who want a balcony with a view, and a ground floor with famil...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Marrakech
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Throughout the world sofitel imperial marrakech remains as a great quiet and special destination for every either family couple or individual to spend a lovely stay , i am very convicted with superior quality and unique service , you can start feeling from the main entrance with hottest welcoming to the oasis restaurant accrossing the magnificent pools , going up to the lawrence bar where i spent my time a lot , it is enjoying and splendid area with joyful and smiling personal that gives us a freshly moments thanks a lot to the manager wiam hard working and available all time welcoming customers and serving them politely and helping us discovering the place , and of course this manager follows a good team that matchs all our needs in this terrasse , especially the chicha man youness and the server leila , well my opinion is based on my own experience that i lived and i still live inside this unique place

• Stayed August 2014
Dear guest,

I am very pleased to hear that we have really succed to make you feel a magnifique experience with us , starting from the main entrance , the high quality of welcoming offered by our staff .

Thank you again for your coments and we hope to see you again with us for another memorable stay.

Ahmed Benkirane
Hotel Manager

Been to Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial? Share your experiences!