-the staff from the doork men, to housekeeping, restaurant staff servers chefs were all wonderfull. They are polite, courteous, always helpful. Some can speak English, mostly French. You can manage.
The hotel itself is located well close to the Medina. It looks a bit outdated. The suites are smaller then other Sofitel hotels.
There were issues with ants in our room, to AC not properly cooling. Maintenance was quick to resolve the issues.
Overall as much as I appreciated the service, it is not one of those properties that has an Wow affect. There is issue with a foul smell so they use a scent all over the place.. If you have allergies good luck.
I think most hotels in the area are similar, if your use to US standards you may be dissappointed, For Europians this might be acceptable or even exceed expectations.
The food is of good quality, but is generally bland in Morocco and this was no exception. They need more international options and not just French or Moroccon. The food choices are very limited in Morocco, after a while you get tired of the same old.
Overall, it is well located, safe place, and most of all a great staff who are always ready to help.
If you decide to stay here, chances are you will walk to the square in the evening, caution must be exercised. It's only about 2 km, but there are people who will stalk you, then start talking nice to you, will claim to be a staff at the Sofitel and are off duty. Will advise you for a place to eat etc.., they are just crooks, not Sofitel employees, avoid them at all cost.
The Square is another beast. I sure you could read about it.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial stands out as a landmark in the heart of Marrakech with a striking architecture inspired by Arabian-Mauresque palace. It is close to historical monuments including the famous Jema El Fna square and less than 15 minutes far from Marrakech Menara airport. Let yourself be carried away by the palace atmosphere which makes Sofitel an ideal place for a romantic or family getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.