This is a beautifully appointed hotel in a well situated part of Marrakesh. The pool area is stunning. However, the service is variable, some of the staff were helpful and friendly, others were very off-hand. We booked on the basis of breakfast and evening meal but on check-out we were presented with a bill that included our dinners. We pointed out this was incorrect but the clerk was reluctant to believe us. Fortunately, we had our booking confirmation and showed this. A correct revised bill was produced which we paid with a credit card.
Some weeks later when our credit card statement arrived, both the correct and the disputed bill had been charged. I took this up with our operator Kuoni who implied this practice was not unknown! Kuoni said they would resolve the problem and asked for some time because often hotels don't respond quickly. To cut a long story short, Kuoni reimbursed us and behaved well. I can't say the same of Sofitel.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial stands out as a landmark in the heart of Marrakech with a striking architecture inspired by Arabian-Mauresque palace. It is close to historical monuments including the famous Jema El Fna square and less than 15 minutes far from Marrakech Menara airport. Let yourself be carried away by the palace atmosphere which makes Sofitel an ideal place for a romantic or family getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.