Perfect location! Our room (429) had a perfect view of the pool and the Atlas mountain.
The bed was very comfortable.
The heated pool was great considering the cool temperature we experienced during our stay in Marrakech.
Kudos to the staff - from the Reception to the Concierge recommending some good restaurants, the folks at the Restaurant (Jardin des Senteurs - Rachida, Sihom) and even the housekeeping lady. Everybody was so nice to us. They made us feel at home.
A few minor glitches:
The lighting of the room was really poor.
Internet access was terrible and sometimes it didn't work at all
A water leak at the wall of the WC - although we never reported it - was annoying
Expensive food & beverages e.g. A bottle of water at the restaurant at $12 was a total rip-off - same thing for a beer at $12. Breakfast at $30 is expensive if you only have an omelet, some juice and a cup of coffee. Sunday brunch at 500 DH (>$60)was ok for me for expensive for many.
I wish the hotel would have an Excursion desk. They concierge quoted 200 Euros for a day excursion to Essaouira for 2 while we did the same excursion for 50 Euros via Sahara Tours with a guide. A city tour at 700 DH (almost $90) was a scam since the objective of the guide was to take you to expensive places to buy carpets and other stuffs. He didn't even take us to the places we were supposed to visit.
Our Junior Suite was just a mere Superior room not a junior suite per se. That was a disappointment.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial stands out as a landmark in the heart of Marrakech with a striking architecture inspired by Arabian-Mauresque palace. It is close to historical monuments including the famous Jema El Fna square and less than 15 minutes far from Marrakech Menara airport. Let yourself be carried away by the palace atmosphere which makes Sofitel an ideal place for a romantic or family getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Otel, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Marrakech Palais Imperial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.