“Nice place and very good food!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 547 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan, Pizza, Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Nice place and very good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I had a very nice dinner at Eveil Des Sens. I had an artichoke salad and a royal couscous, my wife had a lamb tagine. The food was delicious and the portions were quite abundant (especially the royal couscous which was a bit too much for 1 person). The restaurant looked clean and nicely decorated, a proper little restaurant with a real 'mes en plas' and a very attentive and smiling service. Will leave Marrakech in a few days but I am pretty sure that we will come here again before leaving. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My friend and I decided to try this restaurant after reading the reviews. Our expectations were met and surpassed. My friend had lamb chops as the main and crême brûlée as dessert- both were excelleny. The crême brûlée on particular was enormous and cooked to perfection. I had the steak with blue cheese followed by pear in chocolate sauce for dessert. Again both were excellent and at a great price. I will definitely return to this place on my next visit to Marrakech!!

Exeter, United Kingdom
“A very good restaurant in Gueliz..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

The food and service at this restaurant were very good and it had both Moroccan and international dishes on it's menu. Prices were very competitive and the staff helpful and welcoming. It seemed to be popular with local customers, pity a few more visitors to the city do not find it, we were directed to it by Youssef who was standing on the corner of Mohammed V. Would recommend it for lunch or dinner. Apparently they will also deliver to local hotels etc. Do try it!!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Lived up to all the good reviews.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Had lunch here today as we ventured into the new town.
Greeting was warm and welcoming. We sat outside but in the shade and enjoyed a very good value for money meal.
70 drms bought us three courses of freshly prepared, tasty food.
Quiet and relaxed.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dendermonde, Belgium
“Not convinced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Seemed like a nice restaurant, so we gave it a try.
Courteous reception, I must say.
On the terrace, there was a draft, so we moved inside. Unfortunately after a while again, a draft came in the restaurant through the door, which was constantly blown open by a little wind. Really, this must be a structural problem, but they seem not to want to mend it. My left ear started to ache.
After complaining, they posted a girl to keep the door closed, but off course she had to help serving too and the problem continued.
Now, about the served plates, some were very good like the pastilla of chicken (but beware, it is huge, wait to order more until you finished it) and the rib eye steak. My tajine of cows tail and plums was at best mediocre, with plums not even rehidrated. Mixed grill was too dry. The gratin of sole and shrimps was an absolutely tasteless disaster, overcooked, sticky and guey, and even more, that was not sole, but ordinary pangasius. At least be honest with what you offer.
Without dessert or coffee, we left disappointed.
Later on we read that it is rated nr.16 in the top list of Tripadvisor. Well, we do not understand this, it is totally overrated.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bachir B, Propriétaire at Eveil Des Sens, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thank you for your message and your contribution to the restaurant Eveil Des Sens on Tripadvisor
We are sorry not to have made ​​such a good service as expected.
We could show you thousands of excuses, but ultimately your comment encourages us to improve our restaurant.
However, I can assure you that we are very honest about the products that are on the plates and correspond to what it said it in our menu, the fish you ordered is the sole and nothing else.
Sorry again for the bad experience and accept our sincere apologies